The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Default So what does Day 1 of Draft tells us about the team?

Based upon Free Agency and Day 1 of the Draft, what do you think this tells us about the Broncos going into next season?

My thoughts

1. That Doom, Moss, Crowder aren't quickly grasping the rush LB position and Ayers was brought in to learn that position and take over. Wonder if there is trade for Doom in the future

2. That we will playing more power football then the spread football. See the selection of Quinn.

3. That Nolan and rest of the defense staff is happier with what we have on the defense line then the fans.

4. That Jack MF Williams won't make the team and Bell is also life support

5. Barrett needs to step up or he is out of here too

6. Even with 3 FA brought at running back, McDaniels and Turner wanted a better more constant running attack.

7. That the ILBs are sent with DJ, Davis, Larson and Woodyard.

8. That Boss is going to make the team as one of the outside LB.

9. That Kory Lichtensteiger is set as Hamilton's heir at OG, but we are in need of youth at the Center position

Last edited by elsid13; 04-26-2009 at 07:21 AM..
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #2
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Based upon Free Agency and Day 1 of the Draft, what do you think this tells us about the Broncos going into next season?

My thoughts

1. That Doom, Moss, Crowder aren't quickly grasping the rush LB position and Ayers was brought in to learn that position and take over. Wonder if there is trade for Doom in the future

2. That we will playing more power football then the spread football. See the selection of Quinn.

3. That Nolan and rest of the defense staff is happier with what we have on the defense line then the fans.

4. That Jack MF Williams won't make the team and Bell is also life support

5. Barrett needs to step up or he is out of here too

6. Even with 3 FA brought at running back, McDaniels and Turner wanted a better more constant running attack.

7. That the ILBs are sent with DJ, Davis, Larson and Woodyard.

9. That Kory Lichtensteiger is set as Hamilton's heir at OG, but we are think at the Center position
I think we are fonally committed to the run game again, and I endorse that move 100%. The rest of your assumptions I don't necessarily agree with.

I think we still have six picks today, let's see what happens with those picks first.

By the way, I think you are way off with Elvis. I think he becomes a star for this defense. Jarvis and Crowder - not so much. But, I haven't written them off yet. Jarvis had great pass rushing skills (once upon a time). If we continue to develop him for that role, we might have a good third down player.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Until I see how Elvis can do in coverage, I'm not holding my breath and proclaiming him as a star. He has a lot to prove still.

I will say, that it seems that the higher ups think we are a lot better on defense than us, the fans think. I'm not buying that though, because it is virtually the same players in a new scheme that never really fit the team to begin with.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post

I will say, that it seems that the higher ups think we are a lot better on defense than us, the fans think. I'm not buying that though, because it is virtually the same players in a new scheme that never really fit the team to begin with.
450 points allowed, I think 30th in yards allowed, and 1 away from tieing the NFL record for fewest turnovers forced since the NFL went to a 16 game schedule.

What the hell were we the fans thinking?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Until I see how Elvis can do in coverage, I'm not holding my breath and proclaiming him as a star. He has a lot to prove still.

Virtually the same defense? Half of it will be new starters and it will all be a different scheme under a different coach. You can't change much more than that. We got solid quality players. We all wanted defensive linemen but the FO saw a deficiency in talent there and didn't want to take the Shanahan approach. We could have used all our picks on defensive linemen in a weak class and came up with ****. We at least got solid players at positions of need. The defensive line will be a work in progress for a couple of years. There was no responsible way we could have fixed it in one draft.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #6
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post

This suggests that the coaching staff sucks dick.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #7
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
This suggests that the coaching staff sucks dick.
Ya know SoCal, you are always quick with the gay references. Any reason for that?
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
Breaker
Bleeding Orange and Blue

Tells me McDaniel's is still on the Patriots payroll.
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote