The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP

Default All we need now is a FRANCHISE QB!!

Yeah, our defense should definitely be better, and maybe the offense will even score some more points; BUT we no longer have a franchise QB, and it's really hard to be a SB winner without one. Yeah, I know, the Ravens won one with Dilfer, but their defense was AAA+++. Sorry, but our D's not there yet!

So, I'm trying to be optimistic, and I hope things will work out; however, IMO, w/o a superstar QB it isn't going to be '98/'99 again anytime soon. Maybe Moreno will be the new TD, but I just can't see Simms or Orton being the new Elway, or the new Cutler for that matter!
SPORTSWRITER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 01:44 AM   #2
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Please stop posting.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Please stop posting.
Please stop reading my posts.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

It's the truth.

This is a blown up team.

Nothing is going to restore that for 5 years.

This team is done.

It's been fun.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:58 AM   #5
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
It's the truth.

This is a blown up team.

This team is done.

It's been fun.
Mock... can I buy you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #6
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP

Default Oh, the irony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
It's the truth.

This is a blown up team.

This team is done.

It's been fun.
It's really ironical isn't it? Like I stated earlier, I really try to be optimistic. I sincerely hope the Broncos succeed this season and in the future. I just honestly do not understand the reasoning behind McD's decision making, from seeking to trade Jay Cutler and even messing with the offense as his top priority, to his first day draft picks.

Don't get me wrong, I like Moreno, Ayers, and both of the DB's taken, I really do. It's just the order of priority McD is addressing and the draft choices he's giving up in doing so. Maybe Alphonso Smith will end up being worth a number 1 next year, but I'm not without my doubts. I especially do not understand trading TWO third rounders for a TIGHT END! For all we know, maybe it's Daniel Graham he doesn't like, not just Scheffler! ! After all, he and Belicheck didn't seem to mind letting Graham go from N.E. in free agency. Now I state that somewhat facetiously, but nothing would surprise me now! Actually, it seems that McD dislikes just about every one of Mike Shanahan's past draft picks, trades and free agent signings, and even some disenfranchised ex-Pats as well, with very few exceptions. Just look at all those he's already released, traded, or is very likely to release or trade in the coming weeks/months!

I honestly just have not understood McD's thoughts and actions from the outset, because IMO lots of them simply seem to be without rhyme or reason. I'm sure he thinks everything he does is reasonable, but his ego seems to get in the way oftentimes. I almost hate to think what/who might be next. I still have hope, but I must admit that my enthusiasm for the coming season has definitely decreased since McDaniels upset the chemistry of the Broncos' offense and team morale (IMO) by even attempting to trade Jay Cutler in the first place, and seemingly undo everything Mike Shanahan did, even the most postive.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:03 AM   #7
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSWRITER View Post
Yeah, our defense should definitely be better, and maybe the offense will even score some more points; BUT we no longer have a franchise QB, and it's really hard to be a SB winner without one. Yeah, I know, the Ravens won one with Dilfer, but their defense was AAA+++. Sorry, but our D's not there yet!

So, I'm trying to be optimistic, and I hope things will work out; however, IMO, w/o a superstar QB it isn't going to be '98/'99 again anytime soon. Maybe Moreno will be the new TD, but I just can't see Simms or Orton being the new Elway, or the new Cutler for that matter!
Yep! A Moreno-Hillis running back by committee and Cutler leading the way throwing to Sheffler, Royal, and BMarsh.....would have possibly put us over the top.

At least McDaniels wouldn't be getting trashed right now.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:06 AM   #8
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

It's almost Napoleonic.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:46 AM   #9
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Mock... can I buy you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

No need to buy him one, I'll donate the jar of peanut butter.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #10
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

pretty disgusting. Next years first IMO was suppose to be used to address the QB position next year in case Orton/Simms proved they couldnt cut it.

But, I guess McDaniels thinks he is solely responsible for drafting and developing Brady and Cassel, so there ya go.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #11
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Jay Cutler is still a woefully overrated cry baby, and NOT the proven franchise QB everyone thinks he is. He's talented, but not once has he shown the "it" factor that all great QB's have, and on more than one occasion he's shown it's something he still needs to develop. I don't know if that's something that can be developed.

That being said, McDaniels' has looked utterly clueless. I have no problem with the players he's brought in and will give them all a chance but it's what they did to get some of the players yesterday that just pummels the confidence.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #12
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Did anyone see Mayock pratically bounce out of his chair from the Moreno pick reaction. To me he looked kind of childish, foolish, whatever you want to call it imo. It was like he was laughing in McD's face and loving it , especially after the Cutler fiasco. The fact McD brought in all the new Rb's on the team, and instead of going for a more obvious need he goes for another RB. I think it was just the fact all the players McD had slated that he wanted at that pick for value were already off the table. Tyson, Curry, Raji. A reasonable thought would be getting Orakpo or Cushing, but I guess McD had Moreno slotted ahead of them, and wanted a featre back, which we now have. Im actually really happy with this pick, even though I feel our front 7 D should of been addressed more. I just thought mayock's reaction was a bit strange, but you know he will never let McD forget what a bafoon he thinks he is for letting Cutler go, right or wrong. I guess alot of people on the board feel about the same way as myself. Only time will tell though..
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #13
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

His ego is why Ive dubbed him "Il Duce". Feel free to use this if you want. It invites using "Il Douche" as a variation. But, hopefully our Il Duce ends up on a meathook sooner rather than later depending on what happens this season.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote