The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default so what does our front 7 look like next year?

ummmmm, Ayers as a rook, Kenny Peterson, Powell, uhhhh, Moss/Crowder on the line?

Dumervil, Larsen, DJ, and that linebacker we got in FA, and who else?

Someone help, I'm tired but want to know who is playing our front 7 next year. Im at a loss.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Oh. And who are our dominant pass rushers?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

DE-Peterson
NT-Powell/Fields
DE-Thomas
WOLB-Dumervil
WILB-Williams
SILB-Davis/Larsen
SOLB-Ayers
Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
DE-Peterson
NT-Powell/Fields
DE-Thomas
WOLB-Dumervil
WILB-Williams
SILB-Davis/Larsen
SOLB-Ayers
Forgot about Thomas. Thanks. Looks slightly better than last year, and wouldve been pretty happy seeing Brace/Raji in the place of Powell/Fields, but what can I do?

All I can say is the son of a bltch better win next year.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
Popps
It's so easy

Laugh, but Fields is a pretty highly regarded player in some circles.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/3...he-sunnyside-l

“The rest of the league missed the boat on Fields, who is 27, 6'2/321, and can play tackle and end. He gives new DC Mike Nolan a credible option at nose tackle in 3-4 looks. Fields started under Nolan with the Niners in 2007.”

- everyone who knew the sport well and knew Fields was certain that he was going to be a good player. The coach who knew him best reached out and made sure that he would be wearing the orange and blue this season.

Fields will probably get most reps at NT, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft someone tomorrow, either.

I expect Thomas to play well at DE, despite McDaniels' smoke-screen-like comments the other day.

Reid and Ayers will play some DE, and Peterson will rotate. Peterson was actually one of the only Broncos linemen last season that looked like he was worth a ****, and he is well-known to be a DT/DE hybrid. (Perfect for 3-4.)

Pass-rushers will be Doomervil and Ayers (at times) with guys like Moss and Crowder trying to earn their keep and compete.

DJ will play inside along with Davis, and I'm guessing Larson has a good shot. Woodyard, while small... took reps inside at camp the other day.

I have no idea about a full-time starter on the other OLB spot. Boss Bailey is useless, so that spot will be up for grabs.

This isn't that bad of a group, on paper. If a couple of these guys like Ayers and Powell can perform at a high level, we might have something going, here.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:24 AM   #7
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Forgot about Thomas. Thanks. Looks slightly better than last year, and wouldve been pretty happy seeing Brace/Raji in the place of Powell/Fields, but what can I do?

All I can say is the son of a bltch better win next year.
So you really think either one of those inconsistent rookie NTs would've stepped in and made a difference from day one?

Raji isn't a true NT and will disapoint when played as one. Brace is only a marginally better option than some later rounders, needs a lot of coaching before he should see heavy snaps, and wouldn't have made the first day if it wasn't for this DL class being incredibly weak.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:35 AM   #8
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
So you really think either one of those inconsistent rookie NTs would've stepped in and made a difference from day one?

Raji isn't a true NT and will disapoint when played as one. Brace is only a marginally better option than some later rounders, needs a lot of coaching before he should see heavy snaps, and wouldn't have made the first day if it wasn't for this DL class being incredibly weak.
Just sick and tired of seeing this defense get gashed against the run since mid-'06 and deliver almost no pass rush since '05, when "pressures" was the word of the day. Was excited this morning hoping to see those needs addressed. Thats all.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #9
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

Where are the value pick guys to back this?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote