The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
garandman
Seasoned Veteran
 
Your in my sights!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 343
Default Mcdaniels Supporters, Where Are U Now!

Round 1, I am fine with.....

Round 2 WTF!!!!

Anyone that can even try to defend McDaniels now isn't just a fool there are plain crazy, trading up and giving away very valuable picks for players that would be there if we stayed pat is a DISASTER!!

The last pick in the 3rd round is beyond a joke are you freakin kidding me, it looks intentional that this guy is running the franchise into the ground in a hurry.

Please, all the Mcd CO**Suc*** defend this crap now!!!
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,780

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Right here.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

McDaniels lives or dies on this season. Either the Broncos win, or he is gone. I am not ready to say that he is a disaster, just that he has gone all in. If he busts. He is gone.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp
 
scorpio's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,500
Default

I'm right here. McDaniels and his FO deserve at least one season to make good on his promises.

There's an old adage, that real Star Wars fans hate Star Wars. I think to a large extent that's what's happening with the Broncos this offseason.

The difference is that the NFL is an ever-changing, constantly developing entity. I think if most of us look back at our draft-related posts from two years or more ago, we would feel pretty foolish.

Give the guy, and his draft a chance. Did we reach in the 2nd round? Maybe. But if those guys turn into solid contributers, I doubt many people will still be crying about it a year from now.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Right here.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,157
Default

While I don't like what he did in the 2nd round, the only thing I'm pissed about is trading OUR 1st next year instead of the one from Chicago. Maybe he's crazy enough to think we'll be drafting lower than Chicago.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm right here. McDaniels and his FO deserve at least one season to make good on his promises.

There's an old adage, that real Star Wars fans hate Star Wars. I think to a large extent that's what's happening with the Broncos this offseason.

The difference is that the NFL is an ever-changing, constantly developing entity. I think if most of us look back at our draft-related posts from two years or more ago, we would feel pretty foolish.

Give the guy, and his draft a chance. Did we reach in the 2nd round? Maybe. But if those guys turn into solid contributers, I doubt many people will still be crying about it a year from now.

This lecture is kind of silly considering that the original poster is saying that he has one season.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,764

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Present....

Just checking, how many games has he lost as Broncos head coach?

I do have a slight problem with losing about 15 spots in the Seahawks trade but, you know, a bird in hand and all that.

At least it was the Denver first and not the Chicago first. Highly doubtful that the Bears finish with a better record than Denver next year.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,619

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Actually, I'm a Denver Bronco fan. Not a McDaniels fan or Cutler fan. The Cutler fans that are out there should try going back to being a Bronco fan and stop looking stupid with every post.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,566

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
Round 1, I am fine with.....

Round 2 WTF!!!!

Anyone that can even try to defend McDaniels now isn't just a fool there are plain crazy, trading up and giving away very valuable picks for players that would be there if we stayed pat is a DISASTER!!

The last pick in the 3rd round is beyond a joke are you freakin kidding me, it looks intentional that this guy is running the franchise into the ground in a hurry.

Please, all the Mcd CO**Suc*** defend this crap now!!!
say what you want but at the end of the day we improved our team more than any other club after 2 rounds...

as another poster stated...

Knowshon Moreno = best RB in the draft
Robert Ayers = (arguably) best DE/OLB player in the draft
Alphonso Smith = best playmaking corner in the draft
Darcel McBath = (arguably) best playmaking safety in the draft
Richard Quinn = 2nd best blocking TE in the draft

so we may have paid more than we'd prefer, but we've added some really good football players to this team...

if we could just find a starting calibur NT, i belive our offseason will be easily the best one we've had in a years...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #11
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,793
Default

I'd like a detailed explanation by his supporters as to how the second round forward is going to help our team this season.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Present....

Just checking, how many games has he lost as Broncos head coach?

I do have a slight problem with losing about 15 spots in the Seahawks trade but, you know, a bird in hand and all that.

At least it was the Denver first and not the Chicago first. Highly doubtful that the Bears finish with a better record than Denver next year.
God you're a ****ing idiot.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #13
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
Round 1, I am fine with.....

Round 2 WTF!!!!

Anyone that can even try to defend McDaniels now isn't just a fool there are plain crazy, trading up and giving away very valuable picks for players that would be there if we stayed pat is a DISASTER!!

The last pick in the 3rd round is beyond a joke are you freakin kidding me, it looks intentional that this guy is running the franchise into the ground in a hurry.

Please, all the Mcd CO**Suc*** defend this crap now!!!
No, I should listen to some yahoo, Arm chair wannabe QB assmunch.

Also dumbass...we did not make a pick in the 3rd round.

Only an idiot would evaluate a draft and grade it on day 1.... 500 post rule please
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #14
garandman
Seasoned Veteran
 
Your in my sights!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm right here. McDaniels and his FO deserve at least one season to make good on his promises.

There's an old adage, that real Star Wars fans hate Star Wars. I think to a large extent that's what's happening with the Broncos this offseason.

The difference is that the NFL is an ever-changing, constantly developing entity. I think if most of us look back at our draft-related posts from two years or more ago, we would feel pretty foolish.

Give the guy, and his draft a chance. Did we reach in the 2nd round? Maybe. But if those guys turn into solid contributers, I doubt many people will still be crying about it a year from now.
Scorpio, I think your right, except Mcdaniels really needed to hit a home run in this draft because of the Cutler fiasco and it was all right there and he just screwed it up. The players he picked are not bad but his inexperience has showed again because he traded picks away that he didnt have to...

I am tired of all the excuses for this guy, it ridiculous, when will everyone see the light, do we have to go 4-12 first?
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #15
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp
 
scorpio's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
This lecture is kind of silly considering that the original poster is saying that he has one season.
Your mom is kind of silly.

But seriously, he asked where the supporters were, and I responded. If you are going to put conditions on his baited question, then what good is it?


edit: And just to make it clear for the slow kids (which apparently includes lexi), OP does not state that McDaniels "has one season".

Last edited by scorpio; 04-25-2009 at 09:09 PM..
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #16
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often
 
Atlas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Present....

Just checking, how many games has he lost as Broncos head coach?
I see 11 out of his first 16
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got?

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Ive been a McD Hater but Ive jump the wagon hes done a Great Job.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #18
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Sad times for the true fans, Shanahan hater's or not. We're making future moves based on financial considerations which means we're doomed to suck and never find long term answers to our issues.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #19
doonwise
Seasoned Veteran
 
doonwise's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 459
Default

Do yourself a favor before you blow an artery:
http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/4...09-draft-picks
doonwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #20
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,324

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Right here, but McD is losing me.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #21
garandman
Seasoned Veteran
 
Your in my sights!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post

if we could just find a starting calibur NT, i belive our offseason will be easily the best one we've had in a years...
, is everyone on this board on drugs, WTF!

Best offseason in years, huh

For the rest of the AFC west I guess
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #22
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
say what you want but at the end of the day we improved our team more than any other club after 2 rounds...

as another poster stated...

Knowshon Moreno = best RB in the draft
Robert Ayers = (arguably) best DE/OLB player in the draft
Alphonso Smith = best playmaking corner in the draft
Darcel McBath = (arguably) best playmaking safety in the draft
Richard Quinn = 2nd best blocking TE in the draft

so we may have paid more than we'd prefer, but we've added some really good football players to this team...

if we could just find a starting calibur NT, i belive our offseason will be easily the best one we've had in a years...
1. Not a big problem, but I still think Wells was better. Time will tell though. Also, we just signed how many RB's ?
2 No real issue with Ayers
3. Was corner really our biggest need. Was it worth next years first?
4. Yeah, this safety was so great that half of the board had never heard of him till today
5. A ****ing TE. Are you serious. Can we draft waterboys as well.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
At least it was the Denver first and not the Chicago first. Highly doubtful that the Bears finish with a better record than Denver next year.
We will be lucky to win 4 games. Had we kept that pick we might have had a legitimate shot at replacing Cutler with Bradford with our two first round picks.

McMoron not only got rid of Cutler, he may have pissed away our best chance for another franchise QB for a guy described as a nickel corner.

Quote from McTwerp: "Next years value is not the same as this year's value"

No kidding dumb*** it's better.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #24
Malcontent
Life....on tap.
 
Malcontent's Avatar
 
Got Mustard?

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,915

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Mustard
Default

Our midterm grades I feel, will really help our average Dean Wormer...
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #25
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Present....

Just checking, how many games has he lost as Broncos head coach?

I do have a slight problem with losing about 15 spots in the Seahawks trade but, you know, a bird in hand and all that.

At least it was the Denver first and not the Chicago first. Highly doubtful that the Bears finish with a better record than Denver next year.
Except for the part where you forgot that gave Seattle our top 10 pick next year. The Bear's pick (yeah, the one that we still own) will be in the 20's.

Why they didnt trade that pick is beyond me.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Denver Broncos