The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default What did we give up for Quinn?

It better not be the other first in next year's draft like they were saying. I hope we still have at least one third round pick still too.

Pretty much confirms their interest in Pettigrew as well. They wanted a blocking TE... but why trade back into the 2nd to get a guy that was projected in the 5th or 6th?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Never Trust a Snake
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Denver gave away both of their thirds.

They get Pittsburgh's fourth rounder (132) in return.
Never Trust a Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

What are you talking about?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

That sucks... just heard we gave up both 3rds! We moved up 15 or so spots to draft a guy that was projected to go anywhere from the 4th to 6th round and we gave up two thirds... That's fu@ked!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

McDipshyt has struck so many nerves with his shytty draft
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #6
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm actually hoping we tank hard next year... need to root this gangreen infection out of our system quickly that is Xanders/McDaniels.

I have no vested interest in next season and will enjoy rooting teh bears on.
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #7
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
TE Richard Quinn.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Mcd..Please leave Denver and don't coach again..

You are horrible..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #9
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not high on the move, but reality is behind Graham, they have no blocking TE, so if something happens to him, problems.

Plus, Quinn's stock supposedly was going up lately and even to the high 3rd I read somewhere, so not a huge reach. But yes, he needs to be a great blocking TE to be worth this move.

But again, I'm willing to let the guy play before calling him a bust. But then again, I'm rooting for the Broncos to win and not fail like some.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
I'm actually hoping we tank hard next year... need to root this gangreen infection out of our system quickly that is Xanders/McDaniels.

WOW!!! So many cry babies around here it makes me sick!! Good luck rooting for the bears douche...make sure you buy his jersey to!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:

1. That will be great for Seattle

2. Good riddance as a "fan"
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #12
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

man oh man

McDummy is clueless!

At least we still have the raiders
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #13
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

We traded away both of our 3rds for Richard Quinn, blocking TE from UNC. Yeah, bet you never heard of him... that's b/c he was a huge reach! He has like 10 career catches so that's it and he's not big enough to play any other position on the line.

McD talking about the picks now.

Alphonso Smith to play in the slot. Likes his ball skills.

McBath... can play in the kicking game, coverage is good. Placed a lot of emphasis on the kicking game.

Richard Quinn... Can help pretty quickly and is a football player. McD was concerned that players were falling off his board so they moved up for him.

Moreno- Great pick. We're going to be a running team. I like that! The picks of Moreno and Quinn pretty much tell me that we're going to be a run first team.

Ayers- Not my favorite pick, but I'm happy that he is considered to be pretty good by well respected people.

Smith- Good pick. This kid is a little similar to a Terrell Buckley, but probably a little better overall. Still, he is a gambler but is also somewhat cautious. I think more like Dre Bly than DWill. HATE that we gave up a 1 next year.

Overall, at this point in the draft we're at a B-. The B- b/c of the value we had to give up for Smith in a draft that is already considered to be deeper. McD said they had Smith rated very high on their board.

McBath and Quinn..... I'll do my best to reserve judgement but I think I would have rather had either William Moore or Rashad Johnson instead of McBath. Quinn was a knee jerk reaction. Move up to the Lions 3rd rounder for crying out loud. The Steelers raped us.

We traded Jay Cutler for Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith, and part of Richard Quinn. Not sure I like that!

So far...

Best Pick- Knowshon Moreno. I think they said it best on the NFL Network, if we're going to be a 3 receiver team we need an outstanding RB to make teams respect the run. He has to be versatile which Moreno is. Plus he's one of the most energetic players you'll ever see.

Worst Pick- Early to say for sure but I don't care for the Richard Quinn pick at all. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have liked the pick had we just stayed at 79 or 84 and took him there. Trading up makes it that much worse!

Pick with the most potential- Toss up. Ayers and Smith both have excellent potential. McD is in a position of having to take risks. It may pay off and then he is safe, or it may explode in his face and we suffer for years. Either way, it seems right now that we are tied to Orton and won't have the ability to move up for a Bradford/Tebow/McCoy next year without the extra first. Smith has the potential to be a great #2 or #3 and give us the ball back... TURNOVERS! Ayers potential is quite high as well. He is not as strong as you'd like (18 reps of 225) but that will come in due time and an NFL conditioning/strength training program.

Start the countdown for Scheffler to be traded. I think the Broncos will try to get a 2nd for him next year for some flexibility. Problem is, how different is Scheff from Ingram, Cook, or Nelson?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

then you are not a real Broncos fan and need to take your ass to Chicago with the whiny b**** Cutler.

i hate McDaniels and think he is quite possibly the dumbest HC in league history. however he currently coaches the Denver Broncos, which is my team. and because of that, i put aside my personal hate for the guy and want him to kick ass as long as he coaches in Denver. now once he is gone, be it next year, when his contract ends or in 14 years, i don't care if he never wins another game, but as long as he coaches the Broncos, i want every one of his picks to pan out and i want him to look like a genius.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #15
Malcontent
Life....on tap.

Got Mustard?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Mustard

Sh**can this draft..and I had soooo much anticipation too...oh well...as someone said above, the Fade are frickin retarded man!!
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #16
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I'm not high on the move, but reality is behind Graham, they have no blocking TE, so if something happens to him, problems.

Plus, Quinn's stock supposedly was going up lately and even to the high 3rd I read somewhere, so not a huge reach. But yes, he needs to be a great blocking TE to be worth this move.

But again, I'm willing to let the guy play before calling him a bust. But then again, I'm rooting for the Broncos to win and not fail like some.
also in the red zone, goal line or shart yardage situations where we need some size and strength to push the line, it will be nice to have 2 strong blocking TEs to bring in for those situations
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
fido
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
then you are not a real Broncos fan and need to take your ass to Chicago with the whiny b**** Cutler.

i hate McDaniels and think he is quite possibly the dumbest HC in league history. however he currently coaches the Denver Broncos, which is my team. and because of that, i put aside my personal hate for the guy and want him to kick ass as long as he coaches in Denver. now once he is gone, be it next year, when his contract ends or in 14 years, i don't care if he never wins another game, but as long as he coaches the Broncos, i want every one of his picks to pan out and i want him to look like a genius.
fido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #18
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I'm sorry but I can't even read most of this bull**** and I don't feel like even trying to analyze this steaming pile of dog dirt. I didn't even know about the Quinn crap. I thought the carnage was over so I left the tube. This is a freaking joke...probably the single stupidest day in Bronco draft history.

Anybody who is still under the insane delusion that this idiot is competent to build this team into a futue championship...you are clearly out of your mind. I thought I'd seen the worst with the Cutler mess...now I realize that's just the tip of the iceberg.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #19
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:

The PFW publication I was checking out during the draft has him as a 2nd to 3rd round prospect. He sounds like a big, tough road grading TE and he looked good at the combine catching balls after he wasn't really used in that manner at UNC, calling him "extremely underutilized alongside 3 legit NFL receivers".

I'm excited to see him hopefully holding up against the 3-4's we'll be seeing this season, as well as holding some blocks for Moreno and Co.

Simple fact is picks like this, the unexpected, take a while to warm up to for some.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #20
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Interesting day.

I'll reserve judgment until I see what kind of team the broncos have this year.

For those doing the 'WTF' 'OMG' dance, who among you has coaching, FO or draft room experience in the NFL?? Anyone?? No??
And you think Kiper is a tool?

In time we'll know, but for now, it feels like the good old days....Shanny and his drafts
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #21
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I'm sorry but I can't even read most of this bull**** and I don't feel like even trying to analyze this steaming pile of dog dirt. I didn't even know about the Quinn crap. I thought the carnage was over so I left the tube. This is a freaking joke...probably the single stupidest day in Bronco draft history.

Anybody who is still under the insane delusion that this idiot is competent to build this team into a futue championship...you are clearly out of your mind. I thought I'd seen the worst with the Cutler mess...now I realize that's just the tip of the iceberg.
I'm out of my mind because I'm not going all "Apocolypse Now" over draft picks who's worth won't be determined for months or years......right.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #22
Dos Rios
Seasoned Veteran

Does this mean Mustard won't be resigned midseason??
Dos Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #23
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Let's face it. Those calling for McDaniels' head were doing it before this draft and were going to do it no matter who they picked. They haven't even seen these guys play and already "know" they were bad picks and should have taken guys for need like Shanahan tried with defensive players. It didn't work for him, but hey, let's do it again. And yet they call McDaniels stupid?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #24
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

I don't understand why Denver spends two third round picks on a TE to backup Daniel Graham. WTF

It's not like Denver could have used a LB or a DT?
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #25
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Let's face it. Those calling for McDaniels' head were doing it before this draft and were going to do it no matter who they picked. They haven't even seen these guys play and already "know" they were bad picks and should have taken guys for need like Shanahan tried with defensive players. It didn't work for him, but hey, let's do it again. And yet they call McDaniels stupid?
This is true.

However, there are some coaches out there that just dont ever seem to get it. These are the coaches who consistently go 2-14. Some of McD's moves have reflected this.

Both of the trades up were awful, IMO. I like Alphonso Smith, but a first next year?

I never even heard of Quinn until today.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote