The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,379

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default Pick #12: The Mo you Kno!

The Mo you will all get to Kno! Whether you like this pick or not, he was one of the best players in the draft. He provides our backfield with the speed that is needed to break a game open. Covering him, Royal, Marshall and Sheff will be pure hell for defenses!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Tvu9Cx9PQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wz7i3ET5lg


Top 4 teams likely targeting Knowshon Moreno.


Team# Drafts%
Philadelphia Eagles, Pick 217739.1
Arizona Cardinals, Pick 312914.7
San Diego Chargers, Pick 16199.6
New York Jets, Pick 17178.6


Ranking Charts
Knowshon Moreno Scouting Report by Tom Matthew


Pros: Great latteral speed, cuts on the dime. Great on punt return. Perfect ratio of speed and strength. Phenominal vision and intuitive decisions. Outstanding ability to break tackles and make defenders miss. Precise and confident under pressure.
Cons: The only negative aspect to his game is his size. Moreno lacks the NFL's ideal size but certainly makes up for it with his power.
Overall: Knowshon Moreno has the speed, strength, and ability to finish a run through, and gets up right away to get to his next touch. He is the top RB prospect this year and will make an immediate impact on the league next year. Projected to be taken some where in the teens but will instantly have a positive effect on whatever team takes him.
Knowshon Moreno Scouting Report by Raj


Pros: Pros: Great competitor. Has that tremendous ability to make cuts on a dime without losing speed. Great vision and instincts. Played behind an average offensive line, and still put up good numbers. Also, very underrated as a receiver out of the backfield.
Cons: Cons: Does not have top end speed and lacks ideal size at only 511 208. Only has two years of experience under his belt, and may benefit from another year.
Overall: Moreno may be the most complete running back that is draft eligible. Reminds me of a Marion Barber-type player. Look for him to go in the mid-first round, and come in and make a splash right away in his rookie year.
Knowshon Moreno Scouting Report by Mild Burden


Pros: Explosive against high level talent. Good speed, hands and playmaking ability.
Cons: Lacks ideal size. Combine numbers won't be great. Can he handle carrying the load?
Overall: Plays faster than his timed speed. Seems to step up when a play is needed. Overall fantastic RB with only questions regarding his durabilty.
http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com...on_Moreno/1348


Attached Images
     

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 04-27-2009 at 01:26 AM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Moreno is a good player. I was initially disappointed by the pick but after the Broncos got Ayers with #18, it made this one make more sense.

Moreno was the best back in the draft, and adds an explosive pass-catching element out of the backfield in the spread.

I should have seen this one coming, as the Patriots are known for this type of player in their offense. Its important for them to have a playmaker at all levels of the receiving game. That's now what the Broncos have.

Moreno can also pound the ball off of the tackles, so this pick could end up being beneficial.

Hopefull the Broncos look at DT, LB and S for the remainder of the draft.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
scttgrd
Just treading water
 
scttgrd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 1,285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall
Default

A mess either way you look at it. The team had needs and none were met in the first two pics. Sure, the back four might have a chance but without a front three the back four the will get blown up. Lots of tackles down field coming.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer
 
Hook'em Horns

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

I was also a bit dissapointed with the pick but probably the only other player that makes sense there is Jenkins, so not much left at that point.
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scttgrd View Post
A mess either way you look at it. The team had needs and none were met in the first two pics. Sure, the back four might have a chance but without a front three the back four the will get blown up. Lots of tackles down field coming.
...just like last season.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
scttgrd
Just treading water
 
scttgrd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 1,285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
...just like last season.
I know, this will be a mess. I am looking to middle of the year and the mess this team will be. Who will still be slobbing on the knob then. I want long term success but this isn't the way to go.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
TennBronco
Ducatisti
 
TennBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 167
Default

My favorite Knowshon video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZKTaC9-jDQ
TennBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
scttgrd
Just treading water
 
scttgrd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 1,285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennBronco View Post
My favorite Knowshon video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZKTaC9-jDQ

Ohhh, squisshhy. A punching bag, great pic McDaniels. I am thinking there is no fear of Orton, welcome to 8 in the box Beano.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
cartel
Solid Starter
 
For the win!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CLT
Posts: 122

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I love this pick so much that I just bought a replica black out georgia moreno jersey. nice number and out of georgia just like champ and td.
cartel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Moreno is a good player. I was initially disappointed by the pick but after the Broncos got Ayers with #18, it made this one make more sense.

Moreno was the best back in the draft, and adds an explosive pass-catching element out of the backfield in the spread.

I should have seen this one coming, as the Patriots are known for this type of player in their offense. Its important for them to have a playmaker at all levels of the receiving game. That's now what the Broncos have.

Moreno can also pound the ball off of the tackles, so this pick could end up being beneficial.

Hopefull the Broncos look at DT, LB and S for the remainder of the draft.

i like Moreno, but i would like him even more if he could put on a few more pounds of muscle and play at around 220
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #11
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,085
Default

Well, the last time we picked a Georgia back worked out pretty well for us, so there's something.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #12
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,050

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Knowshon is this years Forte! He can pass protect and make some great plays in the passing game!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #13
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

3 out of 4 picks were on D, so if our staff didn't see good value at 12 on D, I understand taking the most talented runner in college football. McDaniels has just ensured that his starting QB will now have a great line, a great set of receivers and a top flight RB. In other words, this falls in line with the Pats philosophy. Set your QB up for success.

That, plus three apparently very solid picks for the defense, and I'm not too upset. I may have done it differently, but isn't that always the case on draft day?

Keep in mind the addition of Dawkins, Fields, Davis plus these guys... and we're looking at 6 new faces on defense, right there... with more to come. It's not as if we're not making upgrades.

I'm also of the mindset that the scheme switch will immediately improve at least two of our defensive players, maybe three.

This is what building a winning franchise looks like, folks. It's not always bells and whistles.

Though, the best runner in the NCAA isn't exactly a boring pick, either.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
McDaniels has just ensured that his starting QB will now have a great line, a great set of receivers and a top flight RB. In other words, this falls in line with the Pats philosophy. Set your QB up for success.
I don't understand why people think this is the "Patriot philosohpy." It's not. For years Brady didn't have weapons. He only got weapons when the Pats perceived value in trading picks for Moss and Welker (and Corey Dillon earlier). The Pats' philosophy is to stockpile draft picks and bring in talented veterans that are either versatile, or have character issues that the Pats believe they can overcome.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #15
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
3 out of 4 picks were on D, so if our staff didn't see good value at 12 on D, I understand taking the most talented runner in college football. McDaniels has just ensured that his starting QB will now have a great line, a great set of receivers and a top flight RB. In other words, this falls in line with the Pats philosophy. Set your QB up for success
Kyle Orton is the Broncos' QB.

The only way that he has success is if success does not depend on him.

Quote:
That, plus three apparently very solid picks for the defense, and I'm not too upset. I may have done it differently, but isn't that always the case on draft day?
Oh...you mean like maybe NOT giving up your first rounder next year for a 5'9" DB taken in the 2nd round after pushing Dre Bly out of the door?

Quote:
Keep in mind the addition of Dawkins, Fields, Davis plus these guys... and we're looking at 6 new faces on defense, right there... with more to come. It's not as if we're not making upgrades.
Upgrades? You sure are jumping through hoops to prop up McD.

Quote:
I'm also of the mindset that the scheme switch will immediately improve at least two of our defensive players, maybe three.
Ah. So its magic dust that will make our defense better, eh? That's something to be confident about!

Quote:
This is what building a winning franchise looks like, folks. It's not always bells and whistles.
This is NOT a winning franchise right now, and with these types of moves it doesnt look like it will be.

Quote:
Though, the best runner in the NCAA isn't exactly a boring pick, either.
Maybe not boring, but it should be questioned and not blindly appreciated like you are seem to do with McD's string of bumbled messes.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #16
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Him and Hillis should make a great tandem.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #17
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Him and Hillis should make a great tandem.
Hillis may be gone.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #18
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

I hope not. I love Hillis.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #19
chex
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Hillis may be gone.
And you say this why?

Or do you mean to say you hope Hillis is gone so you can have something else to complain about.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

http://www.denverbroncosproshop.com/...4&v=e80480f222

Weird...light orange and black letters?
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #21
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,001
Default





TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #23
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Hillis may be gone.
Why make that up?
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #24
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,422
Default

Remember, Moreno is only a red shirt sophomore.

The kid is still growing -- and he will surely gain more weight.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #25
wandlc
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Now when Hillis comes in and plays in the single back set he can be considered a change of pace back since he is faster than Moreno.
wandlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:04 PM.


Denver Broncos