The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default klis interview on koa

Denver Post Broncos reporter Mike Klis was interviewed on KOA just now. Summary:

KOA: is somebody going to make a move for sanchez?

It has been determined by the broncos it won't be them. McDaniels spoke in the press conference and later told me - it is too pricey to move up.
both in terms of money and draft picks. 5.7 million difference between #8 and #12 pick. moving up to #4 costs an extra 15 million

Broncos have determined they will stay at #12. If anybody makes a bold move I think it'll be the Redskins or Jets.

KOA: How does sanchez come to denver?

If he's there at #12 the broncos will strongly consider him. But he has to drop to #12.

KOA: do you think mcdaniels won't move up?

The broncos strategy, what they've settled on, is that they have identified 5 players they would feel comfortable with at #12. They are very confident
2 of these players will be there at #12. I think there are 2 surprises in there that are projected to go later. They think their best value is to sit right at #12.

KOA: Any chance Brady Quinn comes to Denver?

The Broncos poked the tires at Quinn and were told he's not available. Don't know if Cleveland is telling everybody that. McDaniels told me there is nothing to the Brady Quinn to Denver rumors.

==========

My take: I hope if the Broncos #12 pick comes up and all that is left are the "mystery two" players they know will be there, they consider trading down a few spots and get more picks (if indeed the Broncos have these 2 rated much higher than anybody else)
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I think there are 2 surprises in there that are projected to go later.
Just to be clear, is Klis saying they are considering two players at 12 that are generally projected to be picked later? If so, why wouldn't we wait and take them at 18 (assuming we thought one or both would be there)?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Just to be clear, is Klis saying they are considering two players at 12 that are generally projected to be picked later? If so, why wouldn't we wait and take them at 18 (assuming we thought one or both would be there)?
Yes - that's what Klis is saying. That there are 2 players in the Broncos top 12 that are generally projected to go later. He didn't address whether the Broncos think these 2 would still be available at #18.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

No matter who they pick at #12 and #18....they will be 'thrilled' that he is still there when it was their turn as they thought he would go higher.

They will be excited about the leadership he will bring. It will be a guy that can help stop points from being scored or will enable Denver to score points.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

hopefully this one put the sanchez talk to bed...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

They might take one at 12 if one of the higher projected guys isn't there. Why take somebody you don't care for just because they are projected around that pick value? Get two guys you do like even if you have to go early on one guy.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
They might take one at 12 if one of the higher projected guys isn't there. Why take somebody you don't care for just because they are projected around that pick value? Get two guys you do like even if you have to go early on one guy.
I agree, I dont have a problem with a slight reach if it is the guy you want and he fits your system
The Pats took Mayo at 10 and lots of people had him projected like a late first rounder, mid at best.
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #8
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
exactly...

don't get cute...get your guy...
Old 04-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
My take: I hope if the Broncos #12 pick comes up and all that is left are the "mystery two" players they know will be there, they consider trading down a few spots and get more picks (if indeed the Broncos have these 2 rated much higher than anybody else)

You need a partner to dance. There will have to be a big name at 12 for anyone to want to move up. And then it has to be a player Denver is not hot on. Easier said than done.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #10
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I bet Rey Rey is one of them!
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I bet the other is Knowshawn
Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

For #12
1. Raji
2. Jackson
3. Orakpo
4. Rey Rey
5. Moreno
Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #13
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I bet the other is Knowshawn
yea i'm really gettin the feeling Denver is looking RB...
Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #14
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I would think Peria, Ayers, Mathews or Cushing would be sleepers.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #15
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Rey and Ziggy are the two, IMO.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I am glad they have targeted players and know who they want.

I am hoping they stick to their guns and don't pull a Jerry Angelo and panic when their 1st and only choice is taken and grab a Curtis Benson because his RB target was taken.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #17
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Yea, you do have to be careful when doing that or else someone will snag them before your next turn.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

I'll bet cushing is one because I remember hearing how much the Pats liked him and hoped he came out last year.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I have a gut feeling that we take Moreno or Wells at #12!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #20
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
WINNER!
Yeah who cares that the player that DEN covets is considered by some mummbling moron on the TV to be the 20th pick? If they cant trade back or they think he might not be there, get him at #12 and be done with it!
Thats the player you want, get him!
This team is in no position to be scrutinzing where exctly a defensive player should be picked. This defense is HORRID, and any player is an upgrade.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #21
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
WINNER!
Yeah who cares that the player that DEN covets is considered by some mummbling moron on the TV to be the 20th pick? If they cant trade back or they think he might not be there, get him at #12 and be done with it!
Thats the player you want, get him!
This team is in no position to be scrutinzing where exctly a defensive player should be picked. This defense is HORRID, and any player is an upgrade.
In McD's presser he said we aren't moving up, said that its a major transition going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 DE. If we already have guys on the team to fill those voids then why waist a pick on another unknown...the guys in this draft are just as big unknowns if not bigger than the guys we currently have. I see 3 teams that might take a RB after the #12 pick...Houston, New Orleans and San Deigo. Why not take Moreno or Wells...who could contribute immeadiatly?? Then take one of the other guys we want with #18!! The only player i see us taking over those two is Raji if he falls that far!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #22
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
yea i'm really gettin the feeling Denver is looking RB...

If this is true, that makes sense. Wells and Moreno are both slotted to go to either the Saints, Jets and/or the Chargers.

BTW, if the Broncos take Wells, Ill become one of the biggest McDaniels homers around. Ill both embrace McDaniels more and allow some distance between me and the Shanahan era where his approach to RBs was pure hubris.

Last edited by lex; 04-24-2009 at 10:40 PM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
If it came down to the player you want at 12, but most mocks have him going 19-20, do you really take a chance on not getting the guy you want by waiting to see if he is there at 18? IMO no you don't, you grab the players you think will be good football players. If it's a little higher no biggie. Teams won't trade with you just because you want, moving down in the draft is hard to do because it costs money to move up.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #24
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If it came down to the player you want at 12, but most mocks have him going 19-20, do you really take a chance on not getting the guy you want by waiting to see if he is there at 18? IMO no you don't, you grab the players you think will be good football players. If it's a little higher no biggie. Teams won't trade with you just because you want, moving down in the draft is hard to do because it costs money to move up.
Theres a very important distinction that must be made. The FO is most likely making choices based on real information theyre hearing and not mock drafts on the internet. If youre basing it on real information, that means a lot more than basing it on mock drafts.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #25
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I bet Rey Rey is one of them!
McDaniels wants smart players.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote