The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 05:21 AM   #1
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Default Kiszla: Star power required for Broncos

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12214436

Not sold on Kyle Orton as quarterback for the Broncos?

Your local NFL franchise knows exactly how you feel.

For a team with pressing defensive needs, coach Josh McDaniels seems bent on finding a quarterback who can make Denver forget Jay Cutler.

If only the Cleveland Browns were willing to trade Brady Quinn, here's betting Denver would take him in a heartbeat.

Rebuffed in pursuit of Quinn, the Broncos quickly turned their attention to USC quarterback Mark Sanchez, the fast-rising "it" prospect in this year's NFL draft.

It appears to be a longshot the Broncos can land Sanchez or Quinn during the next 48 hours, but according to whispers heard throughout the league, it won't be for lack of trying.

See the link for the rest---MCD takes CHI's offer instead of WAS because orton was included in the deal--he see's Orton in person for the 1st time this past weekend--ONLY then realizes the FAIL that he has created.......
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #2
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12214436

Not sold on Kyle Orton as quarterback for the Broncos?

Your local NFL franchise knows exactly how you feel.

For a team with pressing defensive needs, coach Josh McDaniels seems bent on finding a quarterback who can make Denver forget Jay Cutler.

If only the Cleveland Browns were willing to trade Brady Quinn, here's betting Denver would take him in a heartbeat.

Rebuffed in pursuit of Quinn, the Broncos quickly turned their attention to USC quarterback Mark Sanchez, the fast-rising "it" prospect in this year's NFL draft.

It appears to be a longshot the Broncos can land Sanchez or Quinn during the next 48 hours, but according to whispers heard throughout the league, it won't be for lack of trying.

See the link for the rest---MCD takes CHI's offer instead of WAS because orton was included in the deal--he see's Orton in person for the 1st time this past weekend--ONLY then realizes the FAIL that he has created.......
Ha ha...this is starting to resemble the Keystone Cops routine. One thing about Shanahan...people can say what they want about his picks, but the guy knew how to keep his cards close to the vest. Their war room was like the Manhatten Project. This dude's got ESPN doing hourly updates on his team's interest in Sanchez, interviewing the player on how the meeting went, other teams leaking information right and left on Denver's offers...now we're hearing he's even interested in freaking JP Loserman and Brady Quinn. It's like he's running desperately to every team in the league looking for anybody who can throw a spiral now. This guy's either a master deceiver fabricating one of the greatest snow jobs ever seen or he's completely clueless.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
uplink
Ring of Famer

I think this is all a smoke screen. Two 1st rounders mean the broncos can influence the draft by entering in fake trade talks. They can then gain some
info and pass it on to other teams etc etc etc. I guess one goal would be to
stop the chiefs from getting a big windfall trade.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:43 AM   #4
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Kiszla writing about rumors started right before the draft. I am pretty underwhelmed. Talk about a fail that has been created.
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:48 AM   #5
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpac1001 View Post
Kiszla writing about rumors started right before the draft. I am pretty underwhelmed. Talk about a fail that has been created.

UMM--what else is he going to write about? our gameplan for week one against the Bengals? Newsflash--people who follow the NFL are interested in NFL draft talk right about now......
Old 04-24-2009, 05:48 AM   #6
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
I think this is all a smoke screen. Two 1st rounders mean the broncos can influence the draft by entering in fake trade talks. They can then gain some
I think you are right,we all need to remember McD trained under Darth Vader.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:49 AM   #7
backup qb
Ring of Famer

Since the day SHanny was fired there has been no plan, no vision, no semblance of organizational aptitude only ineptitude. Yes, they got picks for Cutler. I could've brokered that deal.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:52 AM   #8
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by backup qb View Post
Since the day SHanny was fired there has been no plan, no vision, no semblance of organizational aptitude only ineptitude. Yes, they got picks for Cutler. I could've brokered that deal.
And I bet you would have taken Washington's picks instead--considering that they were HIGHER than Chicago's.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 AM   #9
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Ha ha...this is starting to resemble the Keystone Cops routine. One thing about Shanahan...people can say what they want about his picks, but the guy knew how to keep his cards close to the vest. Their war room was like the Manhatten Project. This dude's got ESPN doing hourly updates on his team's interest in Sanchez, interviewing the player on how the meeting went, other teams leaking information right and left on Denver's offers...now we're hearing he's even interested in freaking JP Loserman and Brady Quinn. It's like he's running desperately to every team in the league looking for anybody who can throw a spiral now. This guy's either a master deceiver fabricating one of the greatest snow jobs ever seen or he's completely clueless.
I think he's stirring things up for the sake of a mega smokescreen. Look at the guy he studied under! Belicheck didn't disclose ANYTHING to ANYONE! You think that McD is seriously this sloppy? I know he has a lot to prove, but I am pretty confident he is setting all of this up for some other reason.

I have no idea what reason that is, but that's why I will be tuning in on Saturday.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:00 AM   #10
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:00 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

When I first started rooting for the Broncos, their defense was the "star power." I'd like to go back to that. Anyway, Sanchez is not ready. Throw him out there his first year and you screw him up. Bring in Brady Quinn and I never stop barfing. Build the defense, dummies.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #12
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
I think he's stirring things up for the sake of a mega smokescreen. Look at the guy he studied under! Belicheck didn't disclose ANYTHING to ANYONE! You think that McD is seriously this sloppy? I know he has a lot to prove, but I am pretty confident he is setting all of this up for some other reason.

I have no idea what reason that is, but that's why I will be tuning in on Saturday.
that has to be the stoooooopidest damn question I have seen asked on this board considering the MAIN TOPIC of this message board/ESPN/NFLN for the previous 2.5 months...
Old 04-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #13
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
I have no idea what any of that means. Fake trade talks? How bout we just focus on evaluating the damn players we want instead of trying to outsmart the guys who are NOT rookies like our coach and FO people are. Pass info to other teams? Huh? Why would we do this? Stop the Chiefs from getting a windfall? Please...their GM is no dummy and he comes from the allmight NE system so why would he fall for little hoodies tricks? There is zero chance we influence what they get and from whom for their pick.

It's more likely based on all the previous moves that we simply have no freaking idea what we're doing than any of the stuff you're fabricating here.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:19 AM   #14
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
I think he's stirring things up for the sake of a mega smokescreen.
Who are we trying to fool? Nobody thinks Sanchez is falling to us. So we waste time playing games? So we can force the Skins to cough up an extra 3rd to move up? If we were sitting at 3-5 this might make sense. At 12 it's just silly.
Quote:
Look at the guy he studied under! Belicheck didn't disclose ANYTHING to ANYONE! You think that McD is seriously this sloppy?
Guess my answer to this.
Quote:
I have no idea what reason that is
Me neither.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #15
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Sanchez will be a bigger flop than Lelie. And that's saying something.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:34 AM   #16
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Sanchez will be a bigger flop than Lelie. And that's saying something.
willie Middlebrooks
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:38 AM   #17
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
I'm betting on this
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #18
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Man that column reminded me why I never read Kizla. He just wrote an entire column based off of Klis' article from this morning, the same Mike Klis who does not seem to have near as many sources within the organization the past few months as he did pre-McDaniels.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #19
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So Quinn would give this team "star power?" And people are calling McDaniels clueless? Look in the mirror.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #20
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I have no idea what any of that means.
Clearly. What's funny is that not only do you pretend to know what you're talking about you actually BELIEVE you know what you're talking about. It's the day before the draft, there are all sorts of shenanigans going on. If you think you have any clue what the Broncos are planning to do then I have some beachfront property in Kansas you might be interested in. Seriously, why don't you wait until tomorrow evening to melt down about this draft. You have NO CLUE what they're going to do tomorrow. I know you're not really this naive and stupid.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 AM   #21
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:

And you have no clue to what is going on behind the scenes. At this time of the year, you can't believe even 10% of what you hear in the media. Unless you have some inside source in Dove Valley. Who is it.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #22
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This article is total bullsh#$%@. Since when are the fans desperate for a superstar QB since Cutler is gone. I think the general opinion is to draft for Defense early and often. He mentions McD was hired for his offensive skills. Well, we saw last year how it doesn't matter what the offense does if the Defense is "offensive". I can't wait for this draft to be over I'm getting so sick of the BS about do we trade up for Sanchez or do we go with what our needs are. I'm gonna go on my anti-depressant early today. Yechhhhhh!

Last edited by broncobum6162; 04-24-2009 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: spelling
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #23
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Clearly. What's funny is that not only do you pretend to know what you're talking about you actually BELIEVE you know what you're talking about. It's the day before the draft, there are all sorts of shenanigans going on. If you think you have any clue what the Broncos are planning to do then I have some beachfront property in Kansas you might be interested in. Seriously, why don't you wait until tomorrow evening to melt down about this draft. You have NO CLUE what they're going to do tomorrow. I know you're not really this naive and stupid.
Listen nitwit...there are about 5,000 posts on this board with people speculating what they'll do...it's the day before the draft so what do you think I'm going to talk about?

Are you going to re-post this **** on every thread?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #24
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Saturday is going to be a very fun day.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #25
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Listen nitwit...there are about 5,000 posts on this board with people speculating what they'll do...it's the day before the draft so what do you think I'm going to talk about?

Are you going to re-post this **** on every thread?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote