The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default Pat White Thoughts

I rarely start threads, but I'm getting pumped about the draft and I think we are in pretty good position in the first two rounds.....and I hope we go defense there. And I feel we will go defense again in the second.

But in the third, I have a feeling we may go after Pat White, and I really don't know how to feel about that kind of a pick. On one hand it reminds me of the Clarrett pick because it will be one of the bigger splash picks in that round...obviously White doesnt have the drawbacks that Clarrett did, but you can say we are taking the same type of a boom or bust attitude with that kind of a pickup.

Its easy to watch his highlights and get caught up in the hype, and I know the kids got an arm....but can it translate?? Obviously it would be a project to be revisited 2-3 years from now but could you see the Broncos using some new packages (Wildcat? barf) to utilize him this year?

I'm really lookiing to get some good feedback here on White because although I watched him play a lot in college, I don't know if anyone has had success moving from that type of a style to the NFL...

Thoughts?
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

I think he'll be gone by Day 2. I don't think he gets by Pittsburgh in the 2nd if he even gets that far.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
I think he'll be gone by Day 2. I don't think he gets by Pittsburgh in the 2nd if he even gets that far.
By Day 2? Or Round 2??

I've seen him as high as the 3rd round, as low as the 5th
Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

He's a good football player. Will probably not last past round 3.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

ok....I'm guessing the interest in him as a Bronco isn't very high
Old 04-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
By Day 2? Or Round 2??

I've seen him as high as the 3rd round, as low as the 5th
Both! It's Man-Goblin's draft prediction special! Pat White goes in the 2nd round to......somebody.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's a good football player. Will probably not last past round 3.
Yeah. I think he will be a good pro. I would love to see him in DEN.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
uplink
Ring of Famer

Teams planning to run the wildcat offense will be interested in him per NFL Network.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would think he would be a pretty effective guy even on the bench. Have him do all sorts of crazy wildcat stuff in the preseason and you screw with every teams defensive preparation from then on.
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Pat White is a winner. I think he'll be a Bronco and I think it could happen as early as #48. I wouldn't be upset (Unless Connor Barwin were available there), but would much prefer we got him in the 3rd round. But, like many have said, he probably doesn't make it to the 2nd day of the draft.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

48 is not too high for a playmaker, and that is what PAt White is.

If we go Defense 12, 18, then I would love White at 48. Even then I think White needs to be a Bronco, it would be great news!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
Pat White is a winner. I think he'll be a Bronco and I think it could happen as early as #48. I wouldn't be upset (Unless Connor Barwin were available there), but would much prefer we got him in the 3rd round. But, like many have said, he probably doesn't make it to the 2nd day of the draft.
Man you have a mega man-crush on Barwin!
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #13
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Per White, he'd be a really exciting pick that I would have no issues with. While we certainly have more pressing needs, it would be fun to watch him develop as a WR or QB and I think the Wildcat is fun as hell to watch.

+

+

In The

=
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #14
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Per White, he'd be a really exciting pick that I would have no issues with. While we certainly have more pressing needs, it would be fun to watch him develop as a WR or QB and I think the Wildcat is fun as hell to watch.

+

+

In The

=
haha....I hope we draft White now just so this post can resurface at some point....hopefully after a Pat White 55 yard TD run out of hte WIldCat against the Raiders
Old 04-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #15
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Not denying White's skills. I just don't want him at 48...if he was there in the 4th, then maybe. I think we need 2 d-linemen and 1 LB with the first 3 picks....maybe a DB/Safety in round 3.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

On order of importance (other than defense), I would rather get a Center in rounds 2-3, and possibly a good RB or WR who has dropped.

If we are going to pick a project QB who can sit and learn for a couple years - let's pick someone like Stephen McGee who should be available in a lower round.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #17
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

I really don't want to draft Pat at all...nothing against him, he was a great college football player, but I see him as nothing more than a gimmick player in the NFL and that's not what I want the Broncos to be about. We have much bigger needs before we bring in luxury picks like White.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #18
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I think people are falling in love to much with his college career and not really projecting him into the pro-QB role.

I think he going to struggle, he is short for pro-QB (about 6 ft) and has very slight build (hits are going to hurt him). He going to have problem playing under center and it will take time to develop turning his back in PA system. At best he is 4th/5th round development QB with potential to be a nice back up like Seneca Wallace.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I rarely start threads, but I'm getting pumped about the draft and I think we are in pretty good position in the first two rounds.....and I hope we go defense there. And I feel we will go defense again in the second.

But in the third, I have a feeling we may go after Pat White, and I really don't know how to feel about that kind of a pick. On one hand it reminds me of the Clarrett pick because it will be one of the bigger splash picks in that round...obviously White doesnt have the drawbacks that Clarrett did, but you can say we are taking the same type of a boom or bust attitude with that kind of a pickup.

Its easy to watch his highlights and get caught up in the hype, and I know the kids got an arm....but can it translate?? Obviously it would be a project to be revisited 2-3 years from now but could you see the Broncos using some new packages (Wildcat? barf) to utilize him this year?

I'm really lookiing to get some good feedback here on White because although I watched him play a lot in college, I don't know if anyone has had success moving from that type of a style to the NFL...

Thoughts?

I'd rather have Leshaun McCoy RB PITT

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #20
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

nice....i do like that kid from Pitt..i remember him when they played Rutgers...

when is the guy from UCONN supposed to go?? BRown or whatever??
Old 04-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #21
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Anybody who thinks Pat White is going in round 2 is seriously ignorant. He will not have a defined roll in the NFL and you don't go spending high draft picks on gimmick players. Let some other team take him in the 3rd or 4th if they want. I don't want him here at all.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #22
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

He's as opposite from the Orton/Simms statue as you can get so he's probably not destined for here as a QB. KO/PR...? Maybe...or WR in this offense? Possibly, but 48 is to high for that when we have other needs. If he lasts till the 5th round take a stab at him.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote