The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default Broncos interested in Losman?

Two teams have expressed interest in Losman
Chris Brown
Posted April 22nd, 2009
Tags: J.P. Losman, NFL free agency
The Denver Broncos have been interested in Bills free agent QB J.P. Losman for some time this offseason, though it cooled somewhat after they decided to sign Chris Simms. A league source tells me their interest could increase post-draft if they donít land a quarterback in the draft this weekend. Thereís one other team that has expressed interest in Losman as well.

The Carolina Panthers have been in touch with Losmanís representatives according to a source, but the interest is only preliminary. The Panthers have been hindered all offseason by the stalemate involving Julius Peppers. His franchise player contract is binding up other moves the club would like to make. So if theyíre able to move Peppers in a trade on draft weekend, Carolina might then be able to make some decisions.

The Panthers interest is a bit curious seeing that they have Jake Delhomme, a veteran backup in Josh McCown and a young third quarterback with promise in Matt Moore, who has very good field vision among some other strong attributes.

Unless Carolina is happy to go to camp with another veteran signal caller on the roster or might not have long term plans for McCown, Iím not sure I understand the interest.

I thought once the Cutler trade went through that Chicago would be interested in Losman. Knowing Cutler is a strong-armed QB, I would think the Bears would want a backup with similar physical skills so they wouldnít have to change the offense much should Cutler go down with an injury, especially knowing the windy conditions that exist up there. But Chicago doesnít have him on their radar as of yet from what Iíve been told.


http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/0...est-in-losman/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 24,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

I will kick a puppy
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,986
Default

****.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer
 
supermanhr9's Avatar
 
"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Back in DENVER BABY!!
Posts: 1,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default

oh lord,, please look down on us and not allow this to happen. The neck beard looks like montana next to JP "I think I'm the Man" Losman".
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
I will kick a puppy
if we don't draft a 3rd QB, there's no harm in bringing him in to compete...

i have a lot of confidence in Orton, so i don't see Losman doing more than battling Simms for the #2 spot....

Losman has starting experience, so i'd be open to his coming here...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

I don't get it. If McD wants a "thinking man's QB" there are better options.

I hope this is mostly a matter of wishful thinking by Bills fans, who are trying to figure out some way to land Sheffler as cheaply as possible.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

yes.......... just what we need another project QB.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman
Default

you guys are overreacting...


Losman would not be a bad option as a back-up QB...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #9
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
you guys are overreacting...


Losman would not be a bad option as a back-up QB...
orton, simms, losman ........ their all not bad as back-ups.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #10
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
orton, simms, losman ........ their all not bad as back-ups.
ha. exactly
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #11
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
orton, simms, losman ........ their all not bad as back-ups.
Orton has a better winning % than most other starters (including Cutler)...

but if you want him on the bench...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #12
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
Orton has a better winning % than most other starters (including Cutler)...

but if you want him on the bench...
unfortunatly we don't have that defense, special teams or running game for orton anymore.

hell losman wont have that .... well that defense, special teams or running game anymore.

well simms .......... well, he don't got a spleen anymore.......

someone please post that pic of McD with the fake smile on.

Last edited by kamakazi_kal; 04-23-2009 at 11:03 AM..
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,452

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

The point of the whole speculative article as I read it was that Losman would not really become a Bronco, but would be trade bate for us getting Peppers.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
orton, simms, losman ........ their all not bad as back-ups.
hell McDyckhead don't need Cutler !!!

after seeing that lineup I puked up my lunch
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
unfortunatly we don't have that defense, special teams or running game for orton anymore.
well fortunately we have do have that o-line, WRs, and best QB coach in the game for him...

oh and by the way...that "vaunted" Bears defense ranked 21st in the league last year...

oh and one more thing, that superior run game he supposedly had was ranked 24th in the league while ours ranked 12th...

so um...what were you saying again?...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
well fortunately we have do have that o-line, WRs, and best QB coach in the game for him...

oh and by the way...that "vaunted" Bears defense ranked 21st in the league last year...

oh and one more thing, that superior run game he supposedly had was ranked 24th in the league while ours ranked 12th...

so um...what were you saying again?...

that defense was still better then ours and those running numbers are skewed due to all the receptions forte had .....

as for our o-line yes they played well but dont forget cutler moved very well to avoid rush ... thats no contest between him and our new QB's

as for our WR just wait for this board to blow up the first time orton underthrows marshall on a deep out.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #17
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I don't get it. If McD wants a "thinking man's QB" there are better options.

I hope this is mostly a matter of wishful thinking by Bills fans, who are trying to figure out some way to land Sheffler as cheaply as possible.
Lossman is a free agent so if there is someone pimping his value it's his agent.

Personally there are worse number 3 QB's you could have. I don't know why people are getting all hysterical over this. He's better than Patrick Ramsey (though that's not saying much.)
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #18
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 24,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Lossman is a free agent so if there is someone pimping his value it's his agent.

Personally there are worse number 3 QB's you could have. I don't know why people are getting all hysterical over this. He's better than Patrick Ramsey (though that's not saying much.)
Its because loserman SUCKS ASS

If you ever have to have your 3rd string qb come in the game your in trouble anyway. Why not save that spot for a young project instead of a retread that sucks ass
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #19
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
that defense was still better then ours and those running numbers are skewed due to all the receptions forte had .....

as for our o-line yes they played well but dont forget cutler moved very well to avoid rush ... thats no contest between him and our new QB's

as for our WR just wait for this board to blow up the first time orton underthrows marshall on a deep out.
eh...bottom line is you should give Orton a chance...

you brought up defense and run game for the Bears winning instead of giving Orton some credit...so i had to show you that you were wrong...

don't go into this well the Broncos D was worse stuff because we already know that...bottom line is the Bears defense didn't bail Orton out of games...the guy played well and now he comes into a situation where he has an even better chance to succeed...

let's give the guy a chance before already calling him a "back-up QB"...

Last edited by Gcver2ver3; 04-23-2009 at 11:55 AM..
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #20
bombquixote
Ring of Famer
 
bombquixote's Avatar
 
11-5 in 2009

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Perineum
Posts: 1,120
Default

If we land enough mediocre QBs, it will almost be like having a franchise QB again.
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #21
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
Its because loserman SUCKS ASS

If you ever have to have your 3rd string qb come in the game your in trouble anyway. Why not save that spot for a young project instead of a retread that sucks ass
I agree, but assuming the article isn't a bunch of crap (which we don't know) it said this would be an option if we couldn't find a young project to begin with.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #22
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 24,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I agree, but assuming the article isn't a bunch of crap (which we don't know) it said this would be an option if we couldn't find a young project to begin with.
I stand corrected your correct it is a backup plan for a backup.

I can only assume my dislike for loserman effected my ability to read/think/function..........or something like that
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #23
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
eh...bottom line is you should give Orton a chance...

you brought up defense and run game for the Bears winning instead of giving Orton some credit...so i had to show you that you were wrong...

don't go into this well the Broncos D was worse stuff because we already know that...bottom line is the Bears defense didn't bail Orton out of games...the guy played well and now he comes into a situation where he has an even better chance to succeed...

let's give the guy a chance before already calling him a "back-up QB"...
that "average" bears d had 32 takeaways to denvers 13

what's the love for orton from ..... what the 1 300 yd game versus detroit? his impressive 18 to 12 TD ratio?

That average defense had a fumble rec,multiple ints or TD in every single game orton won. So I can bring it up, cutler didn't have that kind of help it was him, royal and marshall and the o-line vs. every team that walked in the building. we knew it and so did every other team. No team even needed a game plan.

Our offense carried us last year and cutlers right arm did a lot of the heavy lifting you can't deny that.

Last edited by kamakazi_kal; 04-23-2009 at 12:18 PM..
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #24
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
that "average" bears d had 32 takeaways to denvers 13

what's the love for orton from ..... what the 1 300 yd game versus detroit? his impressive 18 to 12 TD ratio?

That average defense had a fumble rec,multiple ints or TD in every single game orton won. So I can bring it up, cutler didn't have that kind of help it was him, royal and marshall and the o-line vs. every team that walked in the building. we knew it and so did every other team. No team even needed a game plan.

Our offense carried us last year and cutlers right arm did most of the heavy lifting you can't deny that. We shouldn't have even won 6 games.
Ahh cutler aplogists.I like how culter always gets a pass due to the the crap defense we had and yet orton is already a bust even though he played well with a crap offense in chicago.lets' see how well your boy baby jay does now that he doesn't have a line or receiver wortha damn. let's see how that god like rocket arm serves him.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #25
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
I stand corrected your correct it is a backup plan for a backup.

I can only assume my dislike for loserman effected my ability to read/think/function..........or something like that
I agree with everyone here that he's not a starter and never will be one. He does have good arm and some decent mobility, though. It's not a bad package to have for a scout team QB.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Denver Broncos