The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default PFW's 10 Marquee names that could be traded(Scheffler Mentioned)

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...unda042209.htm

0. RB Ronnie Brown / Dolphins — Brown is probably a long shot to be traded, but reports suggest that Miami is at least willing to listen to offers for the 27-year-old back. Despite a solid 2008 season in which he ran for 916 yards and 10 TDs, Brown is supposedly not a good fit for the Dolphins’ offensive system. The Pro Bowler would figure to draw plenty of interest if available, but Miami likely would need to be floored by an offer to actually pull the trigger.

9. DE Julius Peppers / Panthers — Ever since the ’08 campaign ended, Peppers has been vocal about wanting to leave Carolina for a chance to play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. Obviously, the Panthers aren’t eager to give up such a defensive force, but unloading Peppers and the $16.7 million he’s owed this year would give the organization enormous cap relief. Teams like the Eagles and Patriots are candidates to snag the top-flight pass rusher if Carolina opts to grant Peppers his wish.

8. WR Chad Ocho Cinco / Bengals — According to former Bengal T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Ocho Cinco is “crying” to get out of Cincinnati, where he’s been unhappy for the past couple of years. The team hasn’t expressed any desire to trade him at this point, but it probably could be persuaded with the right offer. Although his numbers were way down in ’08, clubs looking for a proven veteran wideout —like the Raiders or Bears — might make a play for Ocho Cinco.

7. OG Brian Waters / Chiefs — The new Chiefs regime appeared to rub Waters the wrong way from Day One, causing him to immediately ask out of town. Things haven’t gotten any better as of late, so it wouldn’t be a big surprise if GM Scott Pioli shipped the four-time Pro Bowler out of town. Although he’s still playing good football, Waters, 32, won’t be able to help the Chiefs much down the line, so his value to them isn’t as great as it would be to a title contender.

6. QB Jason Campbell / Redskins — Just about all signs point to the Redskins parting ways with Campbell at some point, and it could be as soon as this weekend. The team made it pretty clear that Campbell, who isn’t an ideal fit for the West Coast offense, wasn’t in its future plans when it recently made a strong bid for Jay Cutler, and Washington brass is said to be enamored with USC’s Mark Sanchez. If the Skins are able to trade up and grab Sanchez on Saturday, Campbell could find himself in a new uniform.

5. TE Tony Gonzalez / Chiefs — Gonzalez has been wishy-washy about his urge to stay in K.C., as he’s looking to play for a contender during his few remaining NFL seasons. Although losing him would significantly hurt the Chiefs’ offense, they would like to recoup the second-round pick they lost in the Matt Cassel/Mike Vrabel trade, and dealing Gonzalez represents their best chance to do that. If a team like Atlanta offers up a second-rounder, the Pro Bowl tight end might be in a Falcons jersey by the end of the weekend.

4. TE Tony Scheffler / Broncos — Scheffler’s name came up in many of the Jay Cutler trade talks, and since the Broncos were willing to part ways with Cutler, they’d surely be willing to do the same with Scheffler. Since new coach Josh McDaniels doesn’t utilize the tight end as a receiver much in his game plan, he doesn’t really have much need for Scheffler. Clubs searching for a young tight end with vertical receiving ability could probably acquire the 26-year-old for a reasonable price.

3. QB Brady Quinn / Browns — The Browns could be among the busiest teams come Draft Day, as they own some valuable pieces that other franchises would love to get their hands on. One of those commodities is Quinn, who failed to impress last season but still might be worth a late first-rounder to some teams. Since the Browns are in rebuilding mode and already have Derek Anderson at QB, it might benefit them to swap Quinn for another early draft choice.

2. WR Braylon Edwards / Browns — Another player who appears to be on his way out of Cleveland is Edwards, who seemed to take a step back last year after his brilliant 2007. The Giants reportedly are the clear favorites to land Edwards, who’d be a perfect replacement for Plaxico Burress. It’d likely cost them at least a first-rounder and another fairly high pick, but it’d probably be worth it for an offense that’s solid at every position but receiver.

1. WR Anquan Boldin / Cardinals — It’s been public knowledge for a while that Boldin wants out of the desert, and there’s a good chance he’ll finally have a new home after this weekend. Even though they already traded one of their first-round picks for OT Jason Peters, the Eagles are very interested and could deal their other first-rounder for the tough wideout. If Boldin doesn’t wind up in Philly, Baltimore looks like another plausible option, as the Ravens want to beef up their receiving corps. And don’t be shocked if a dark-horse team or two gets in on the Boldin sweepstakes before it’s all said and done, further adding to the Draft Day intrigue.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 04-22-2009 at 10:50 PM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Am I the only one who enjoys seeing the media have to call him "Ocho Cinco" while knowing that Im not obligated to call him by his legal name? I feel like have the time they say his name on tv, they want to chuckle.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Am I the only one who enjoys seeing the media have to call him "Ocho Cinco" while knowing that Im not obligated to call him by his legal name? I feel like have the time they say his name on tv, they want to chuckle.
It is funny. What funnier is what a fuss it was because of Jersey's and marketing.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It is funny. What funnier is what a fuss it was because of Jersey's and marketing.
don't his jerseys still say Johnson on the back because of the marketing crap?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Since new coach Josh McDaniels doesn’t utilize the tight end as a receiver much in his game plan
I can't believe how many people buy into this nonsense.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Take out Julius Peppers and that entire pool of players would make for a great starting offense.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:34 AM   #7
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
don't his jerseys still say Johnson on the back because of the marketing crap?
He couldnt wear jerseys with ocho cinco in the middle of the year last year because reebok wouldnt let him. he can start wearing it this year.
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 AM   #8
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Seeing that the Eagles are apparently offereing a 3 for Tony Gonzalez, while the Chiefs are asking for a 2, it makes me ponder what the asking price would be for Scheffler. Isn't he worth at least as much as Gonzalez at this point? Not that I want him to be traded, but if we do I'd want at least a 2.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #9
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

4. TE Tony Scheffler - Clubs searching for a young tight end with vertical receiving ability

Duh! Is There any other kind

Oh Yeah...

3. QB Brady Quinn - Horizontal receiving ability
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #10
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

ROFL @ Scheffler being on any kind of "marquee" list.

That is pure comedy. He can barely stay on the field.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:21 AM   #11
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos4life79 View Post
He couldnt wear jerseys with ocho cinco in the middle of the year last year because reebok wouldnt let him. he can start wearing it this year.
yeah, its because they already produced "x" amount of jerseys to sell to the public. They wanted to sell those first.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 AM   #12
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post

Once again, Kellen Winslow was just made the highest paid TE in history. He's had far more problems staying on the field than Schef.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #13
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Ding Ding Ding! Winner.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 AM   #14
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
what's even funnier then that is if "the player" gets traded and the person on his new team wearing his number won't give it up and he has to change his name to like ocho ocho or ocho dose
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #15
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Ever hear of Jeremy Shockey?
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

This is getting old. You make him out to be Bennie Joppru. He's gotten hurt...he's missed 6 games in 3 years. This is not "barely staying on the field" He's been quite productive when he plays.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #17
broncsyanks
Broncos kick a$$!!!

trade sheffler and some picks for peppers. sounds good to me
broncsyanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster

How about Scheffler for Shawn Andrews? I'm kidding, of course. Or at least I think I am. When healthy Andrews is one of the best OG's in the league, so there is at least a little to like about it.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...shawn-andrews/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
I would be surprised if he is featured much, and for the same reason that David Thomas isn't featured much for the Pats. He doesn't offer much as a blocker so he doesn't offer much deception or versatility, and while he is a good vertical threat for a TE he doesn't offer as much as an underneath receiver compared to Stokley or Gaffney, he is not a Dallas Clark type. I think all his big plays were on slow developing rollouts where he got behind the safeties, and I don't think those are going to be the featured plays of our offense anymore.
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote