The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default OT: Excruciating foot pain snowboarding?

Ok, admittedly I was a computer dork growing up in Colorado, and my family really didn't ever push boarding or skiing on me, so I simply never went.

Then I got out to San Diego, realized my interest in participating in sports, and my snowboarding addiction came about.

I've been boarding for the past 6 years or so and have always had foot pain so bad that I've actually had to stop part of the way down the mountain to remove boots and sit for a while. I'll do as much as I can to ride through it typically and sometimes just take pain pills so I can board. I have noticed that the more difficult the terrain to navigate (tree runs, deep powder, gay ass moguls, bad snow), the more my feet actually hurt. I think I've tried about everything but I wanted to see if anyone here had something similar.

Boots: Gone through 3 pairs - 1 Soloman, 2 K2s - baked linings, tried keeping them looser, tighter, etc... no real difference.

Bindings: Flows, Ride SPI's, Ride Alpha Movements - tried different settings, front and rear angles +/-25, backing angles up to 45%, no real difference.

Board: Arbor Mystic and Ride DH, can't say there's a real difference here either.

Orthos/Drs: I've seen a Dr who advised me to get a "sure foot" type insert. Tried it, no difference. Got a custom orthodic made for $250, tried it for a day, no difference.

I'm definitely a little flat-footed and an all-terrain/mountain rider (I like parks and just bombing). I don't really ever have issues with my feet except when boarding and it would be awesome to just resolve it for next season. If anyone has advice outside of what I've already tried, I'd love to hear it!

Also, I'm thinking maybe it really is the boots and I'm considering trying a pair of DCs or 32s. Anyway, input appreciated!
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

No matter what, snowboarding comes with foot pain - especially your rudder foot. With me, I get it early in the day, but ride through the pain. Eventually, my foot stops hurting, and I can go the rest of the day with no problems. Getting over the hump is the hard part.

In the off-time, anything that you can do to stretch the joints in your feet is going to go a long ways towards managing the pain. It's not going to eliminate the pain, but it will help. Look on Google for foot stretches and find something that works for you.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Could it be fallen arches? I get them skiing, they have stores where they can custom fit insoles for your boots. I know they have one in the village at Winter Park. Might look into that.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Whoops just saw you had baked insoles.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I wouldn't even show up. Small claims court is a joke.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

What message do you suggest sending to the foot?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
What message do you suggest sending to the foot?
doh.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Hmm, I don't know anything about snowboarding, but that sounds kind of like a foot condition hockey players sometimes get, don't know what it's really called, I only know it as skate bite, I think it's a tendon inflammation or something. Never had it myself, but might be worth wikipedia'ing.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

The Ride DH is a nice board! Its the crappy SOCal snow and million people that are on the moutain. I boarded in Colorado...Snowmass, Aspen, Buttermilk, Highlands for about 10 years when I lived there. Nothing compares to it. Maybe it because Im getting older, but I have noticed myself not enjoying it as much out here and my body feels beat up after. I also have an ankle injury and it kills unless I use my Burton boots(better support).
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Yeah I definitely like the DH. I don't even board in SoCal... haven't even been to a mountain here in 3 years. I make at least 3 boarding trips during the winter and catch a couple Bronco games (thinking about going for the Bolts followed by the Giants over Thanksgiving).

Anyway, it's not a foot stretching thing or something I think an insert will be able to fix as I've already tried a couple. I think I'm just gonna try another set of boots and maybe even get some different bindings.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote