The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

Default Sanchez "work out was great!"

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/21/sanc...os-went-great/

Not a lot of information. Anyone heard anything else?

Last edited by want2bAbronco2; 04-22-2009 at 10:49 AM..
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

if you read the comments on there, there is someone who claims he was there, and details what went on during the workout...
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

If I knew the Broncos were one city away, I would have stopped at Sanchez's alma mater and saw for myself. Rob Johnson and his brother went to my high school during my years at El Toro while his Dad coached. Now they all are coaches at our school's rival and turned MV into a powerhouse HS football program. UGH.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Huh.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I really like Sanchez and wish he could be a Bronco, just not this year. This would be the perfect setup for him. He could carry the clipboard for a couple of seasons and learn the pro game. Maybe get some game time here and there. But the timing is just not right. The Broncos have immediate needs. Number one (IMO): Stop the run. If you can't do that, nothing else matters. Those first three picks should be front seven on the D. Nothing else.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I really like Sanchez and wish he could be a Bronco, just not this year. This would be the perfect setup for him. He could carry the clipboard for a couple of seasons and learn the pro game. Maybe get some game time here and there. But the timing is just not right. The Broncos have immediate needs. Number one (IMO): Stop the run. If you can't do that, nothing else matters. Those first three picks should be front seven on the D. Nothing else.
Couldn't agree more
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I will sum it up for you ......SMOKESCREEN!!
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #8
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
if you read the comments on there, there is someone who claims he was there, and details what went on during the workout...

I was at his workout today and when we got there he was in the coaches office with Xanders and McCoy watching tape. Mark came out around noon and warmed up it was about 85-90 degrees with a slight breeze. The Broncos had him primarily work on intermediate passing routes of about 25 yards between the 45 and 30 yard lines, throwing balls to various receivers one of which was Patrick Turner his #1 receiver at USC. Former NFL QB Rob Johnson and his father split the workout duties with the Broncos and McCoy. Sanchez worked some roll out drills as well as short out patterns. At one point they took a quick break, Sanchez passed out water to all the receivers showing his appreciation for them coming out and helping him out. Then for about 20-30 minutes they moved him back to around the 30-35 yard lines and had him throw some deep routes down the left sidelines (60-65 yards) which he made look effortless. The zip on his short passes were incredible, his footwork looked great and his movement was fluid as well. Anyone who says this guy doesn’t have “arm strength” is crazy! He's in great shape and worked out with his shirt off most of the afternoon. The Broncos looked impressed with his overall skills. Around 1:15 pm they all gathered at the 50, shook hands and spoke for about 5 minutes. I spoke with Mark’s father after the workout and he said the Mark is really enjoying himself and is looking forward to this weekend. Additionally rumor has it that the Broncos brass were taking Sanchez to dinner and the Lakers' playoff game tonight versus Utah. As a side note, Brian Cushing also was in attendance and began warming up as we were leaving. I am assuming that he came down to also hold an impromptu workout for the Broncos. He is a physical specimen to say the least and I for one left the field thinking that this could be the future of our franchise! I think we would be in good hands with Sanchez running the offense and Cushing running the defense for the next several years!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #9
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I was at his workout today and when we got there he was in the coaches office with Xanders and McCoy watching tape. Mark came out around noon and warmed up it was about 85-90 degrees with a slight breeze. The Broncos had him primarily work on intermediate passing routes of about 25 yards between the 45 and 30 yard lines, throwing balls to various receivers one of which was Patrick Turner his #1 receiver at USC. Former NFL QB Rob Johnson and his father split the workout duties with the Broncos and McCoy. Sanchez worked some roll out drills as well as short out patterns. At one point they took a quick break, Sanchez passed out water to all the receivers showing his appreciation for them coming out and helping him out. Then for about 20-30 minutes they moved him back to around the 30-35 yard lines and had him throw some deep routes down the left sidelines (60-65 yards) which he made look effortless. The zip on his short passes were incredible, his footwork looked great and his movement was fluid as well. Anyone who says this guy doesn’t have “arm strength” is crazy! He's in great shape and worked out with his shirt off most of the afternoon. The Broncos looked impressed with his overall skills. Around 1:15 pm they all gathered at the 50, shook hands and spoke for about 5 minutes. I spoke with Mark’s father after the workout and he said the Mark is really enjoying himself and is looking forward to this weekend. Additionally rumor has it that the Broncos brass were taking Sanchez to dinner and the Lakers' playoff game tonight versus Utah. As a side note, Brian Cushing also was in attendance and began warming up as we were leaving. I am assuming that he came down to also hold an impromptu workout for the Broncos. He is a physical specimen to say the least and I for one left the field thinking that this could be the future of our franchise! I think we would be in good hands with Sanchez running the offense and Cushing running the defense for the next several years!

i definitely appreciate it when someone takes the time to do a write-up like this, but this sounds to me like somebody who gets readily impressed with workout warriors...

i like Sanchez, just not enough to grab him at 12
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #10
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Agree 100%
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Still dont see us picking him in the draft.......but I am always wrong
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Couldn't agree more
times 3
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
I agree with you, but... if Sanchez is that good (in your mind) couldn't the DEFENSE wait a year?

It's only one pick (if he falls to 12).

I'm not a Sanchez advocate by any means, but still...
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
I agree with you, but... if Sanchez is that good (in your mind) couldn't the DEFENSE wait a year?

It's only one pick (if he falls to 12).

I'm not a Sanchez advocate by any means, but still...
If he falls to 12 then everything goes out the window. Hell yes, you take him (or at least use the whole ten minutes to see how many whacked out offers you get for the pick). But he won't, so it's a moot point. If Sanchez drops to 8 all hell is going to breakout with the Jets, Skins and who knows who else trying to trade up.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I honestly think Sanchez is a good pickup. I have more faith in him then Stafford or Freeman.

But in my mind, the only reason we are looking at him is bcause our H.C screwed up. Pure and simple. That's fine, but if he drafts Sanchez, realize that this is because he has to clean up his own mess.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #16
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
If he falls to 12 then everything goes out the window. Hell yes, you take him (or at least use the whole ten minutes to see how many whacked out offers you get for the pick). But he won't, so it's a moot point. If Sanchez drops to 8 all hell is going to breakout with the Jets, Skins and who knows who else trying to trade up.
I agree, and I'm really hoping that Green Bay gets an offer they can't refuse for him to free up Raji or Jackson.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

I pretty much agree 100% with everything you've said on this topic.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
This is what I'm thinking (and hoping)

Last edited by Master___Pain; 04-22-2009 at 02:33 PM..
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #19
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Explain this is a smokescreen? Do we hope NYJ or Wash to jump up so a guy we like at 18 will be there?
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
You know...I would LOVE to believe that. But last night on ESPN they talked about all the paces they put this guy through. They had him diagraming his responses to different playbook scenarios, discussing offensive gameplans, how he handles pressure...a lot of things that look like more than a smokescreen to me. We would assistant coaches fly to CA 4 days before the draft when they obviously have lots of work to do just to try to bluff other teams into thinking they want this guy when by all accounts he's going to be long gone before they even draft? Nobody really thinks he slides to 12th in the draft, so where's the advantage in putting up a smokescreen?

Think about this...little hoodie didn't want Orton...he wanted Cassel. He lost his first choice...what makes us think he's not looking for a Cassel-like replacement now?

I think they're serious about drafting this guy, and that doesn't make me happy. McDaniels is an offensive coach. His very first move was to dump a pro bowl QB who he didn't like. Why would we think he's not still serious about pursuing a QB just because he got a throw in for the draft picks?

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 04-22-2009 at 02:40 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #21
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Just for grins we do trade 12 and 18 for #4 and pick Sanchez. Who would you pick with

48 79 84?

I doubt it happens but, if it does I assume 12 and 2010 #1 not 18.

Is it a ploy to get the Jets to make a move on our 12th pick and collect another 3rd and 4th then us collect 17 and 18.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 04-22-2009 at 02:48 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
You know...I would LOVE to believe that. But last night on ESPN they talked about all the paces they put this guy through. They had him diagraming his responses to different playbook scenarios, discussing offensive gameplans, how he handles pressure...a lot of things that look like more than a smokescreen to me. We would assistant coaches fly to CA 4 days before the draft when they obviously have lots of work to do just to try to bluff other teams into thinking they want this guy when by all accounts he's going to be long gone before they even draft? Nobody really thinks he slides to 12th in the draft, so where's the advantage in putting up a smokescreen?

Think about this...little hoodie didn't want Orton...he wanted Cassel. He lost his first choice...what makes us think he's not looking for a Cassel-like replacement now?

I think they're serious about drafting this guy, and that doesn't make me happy. McDaniels is an offensive coach. His very first move was to dump a pro bowl QB who he didn't like. Why would we think he's not still serious about pursuing a QB just because he got a throw in for the draft picks?
You could be right. From what I've read about Sanchez, he's a film room junkie. He can probably impress coaches with his game knowledge. We all know the most valued asset concerning Brady is his ability to do his pre-snap reads. I really like Sanchez. I think he'll be a good QB in the NFL. I just don't want to sell out this draft to get him. If this is the road the Broncos are planning to take (based on rumor) they'll be going up against Skins and the Jets, and who knows what other wild card. If the Broncos pick Sanchez we're looking at a 3 or 4 year plan. If they go front seven on the first day, we're looking at a shorter time to impact.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #23
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I would pick.... MY NOSE! Because thats about what kind of sense it makes to trade up for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Just for grins we do trade 12 and 18 for #4 and pick Sanchez. Who would you pick with

48 79 84?

I doubt it happens but, if it does I assume 12 and 2010 #1 not 18.

Is it a ploy to get the Jets to make a move on our 12th pick and collect another 3rd and 4th then us collect 17 and 18.
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #24
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I would keep our 12th and 18th pick then move up and trade those for #4. I like Sanchez but I dont think you need to move up that much for him. The trade to the Bears looks much worse if we give up those 2 for an unproven QB where we had a pro bowler already.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #25
jayman_37
Seasoned Veteran

From what everyone is saying about Orton why would you want to draft a guy? Orton is being talked up pretty big so don't waste a pick on a qb when you already have a good one.
jayman_37 is offline   Reply With Quote