The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
Dos Rios
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 252
Default Lichtensteiger

Seems like a lynchpin player to me. I rarely hear interior OL mentioned among the team's offseason needs, but the starting lineup is currently relying on two guys who may or may not be on borrowed time. Given age and injuries, what are the odds of a Hamilton/Weigmann combo playing 16 games together? And 2010? I expect the team will need a decent number of starts out of Kory this year. Anyone have a clue whether he's up to it?

The great news about the offensive line is it contains 3 of the top 4 long-term building blocks on the team when you look at age, talent, injury history, character, cost, etc. To me, only Eddie Royal is in the same blue chip category as Clady/Kuper/Harris. The bad news is the rest of the line could turn into an achilles heel very quickly. Ironic if the solution turns out to be Lonnie Paxton.
Dos Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If they drafted Alex Mack, I wouldnt object.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Two weeks from everywhere
Posts: 1,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

I think we definitely pick another C/G in the draft, but not until after we grab a number of defensive players. I'd like to think that Hamilton and Wiegman can scratch together a season between the two of them.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,916

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Pick up Fenuki. He can do anything.

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
I think we definitely pick another C/G in the draft, but not until after we grab a number of defensive players. I'd like to think that Hamilton and Wiegman can scratch together a season between the two of them.
You mean half a season for each, or that they have 1 year left in the tank?

Weigman is alright, I don't know about that Pro Bowl though. Clady is our best lineman and Hamilton, Harris, and Wiegman are solid. I still think we should take a few new looks at RG - I want Tyler Polumbus to get a shot.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer
 
21’s No Champ

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default

Did Weigman ever get that contract he was wanting?
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Possible nicknames for Kory Lichtensteiger:

Kory the Destroyer
Bullhead
The Mean Swede
The Swedish Mauler
Meat Eater
or my personal favorite "Kor-nivore"
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
If they drafted Alex Mack, I wouldnt object.
agreed
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
Possible nicknames for Kory Lichtensteiger:

Kory the Destroyer
Bullhead
The Mean Swede
The Swedish Mauler
Meat Eater
or my personal favorite "Kor-nivore"
I like Baron Von Halenlichtensteiner
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

He's going to be a good player. He's incredibly bright, technically sound and has a good work ethic.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,737

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Definitely ... we don't talk enough about this guy.

I was surprised they've been listing him as a guard ... wasn't he the fireplug, short-armed Jeff Saturday kinda center? And Casey Weigmann is a graybeard now, so listing Kory at G is kinda funny ....
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #12
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's going to be a good player. He's incredibly bright, technically sound and has a good work ethic.
Shanny looked for ways to get him on the field for some game burn so there must be something there.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #13
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
Did Weigman ever get that contract he was wanting?
I'd like to know, too. It's frustrating how the OL tends to float under the radar.

By the way, if Lichtensteiger is Swedish that makes him that much cooler.

I say start him at RG this year and move him to C after Wiegman retires.

Last edited by Swedish Extrovert; 04-22-2009 at 01:41 PM..
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Pick up Fenuki. He can do anything.

Except say the words, "I'll just have a salad"
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #15
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
Except say the words, "I'll just have a salad"
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #16
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth
 
sisterhellfyre's Avatar
 
fighting the clowns under my bed.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Pick up Fenuki. He can do anything.
Best watch your butt there, Roh. Wouldn't want Foneco to hear you praising someone else. He might sic Chuck Norris on you.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #17
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Shanny looked for ways to get him on the field for some game burn so there must be something there.
Linemen need a lot of reps and it kept him mentally taking reps if he was included in the game plan week to week.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #18
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
I'd like to know, too. It's frusterating how the OL tends to float under the radar.

By the way, if Lichtensteiger is Swedish that makes him that much cooler.

I say start him at RG this year and move him to C after Wiegman retires.

Its a German name.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #19
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
Except say the words, "I'll just have a salad"
Evidently (according to another poster on another thread) Samoans eat pineapple.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #20
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 10,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos Rios View Post
Seems like a lynchpin player to me. I rarely hear interior OL mentioned among the team's offseason needs, but the starting lineup is currently relying on two guys who may or may not be on borrowed time. Given age and injuries, what are the odds of a Hamilton/Weigmann combo playing 16 games together? And 2010? I expect the team will need a decent number of starts out of Kory this year. Anyone have a clue whether he's up to it?

The great news about the offensive line is it contains 3 of the top 4 long-term building blocks on the team when you look at age, talent, injury history, character, cost, etc. To me, only Eddie Royal is in the same blue chip category as Clady/Kuper/Harris. The bad news is the rest of the line could turn into an achilles heel very quickly. Ironic if the solution turns out to be Lonnie Paxton.
You must not be paying a lot of attention, interior line is always mentioned as a need.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #21
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,710

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Definitely ... we don't talk enough about this guy.

I was surprised they've been listing him as a guard ... wasn't he the fireplug, short-armed Jeff Saturday kinda center? And Casey Weigmann is a graybeard now, so listing Kory at G is kinda funny ....
I thought last year, he was the backup for all three interior line positions.

Anyway, Kory is a really cool dude also. He even spent some time talking to my kids about high school football, they thought it was pretty cool.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #22
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Its a German name.
That's what I thought... but a lot of German and Swedish names are interchangeable.

But his isn't Swedish.... maybe his parents are
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #23
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 10,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
That's what I thought... but a lot of German and Swedish names are interchangeable.

But his isn't Swedish.... maybe his parents are
How are German and Swedish names interchangable?

You don't see any german Johannsons, Jönsons, Alfredsons, Andersons or any other sons.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #24
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Two weeks from everywhere
Posts: 1,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Its a German name.
Yah...I am Helga, from Sweden.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #25
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Two weeks from everywhere
Posts: 1,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
That's what I thought... but a lot of German and Swedish names are interchangeable.

But his isn't Swedish.... maybe his parents are
but...your wearing Liederhosen??
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Denver Broncos