The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default A real NEGATIVE about club seats

Just talked to a good friend of mine. Those who have attended my tailgaters know him. His business have been going down the ****ter due to the state of the economy so he contacted the Broncos to let them know he couldn't afford his club seats this season. At $15500 for 4 seats and one parking spot, with no guaranteed income aside from the salary his wife earns, he just can't make the payment.
The response from the Broncos: "Pay up or we'll see you in court". I now realize that in order to secure club level seats, the ticket holder must lock in a 3,5,or 7yr period. An obligation which is "etched in stone". He currently has one set which expires in 2010 and another set which expires in 2012.
1. Aside from the "comfort" of being able to sit in the same seats each week, considering the amount of seats available on a weekly basis, why wouldn't a person just buy the damn things on a game by game basis?
2. Considering the current state of the economy should "ball clubs" make concessions regarding issue such as this one?

Thoughts?
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I am on board with "pay as you play" kind of billing. Good God, with the current state of the economy, the "club" should be alittle more lenient. I certainly couldn't afford nor would I know how to write a check that big!
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Just talked to a good friend of mine. Those who have attended my tailgaters know him. His business have been going down the ****ter due to the state of the economy so he contacted the Broncos to let them know he couldn't afford his club seats this season. At $15500 for 4 seats and one parking spot, with no guaranteed income aside from the salary his wife earns, he just can't make the payment.
The response from the Broncos: "Pay up or we'll see you in court". I now realize that in order to secure club level seats, the ticket holder must lock in a 3,5,or 7yr period. An obligation which is "etched in stone". He currently has one set which expires in 2010 and another set which expires in 2012.
1. Aside from the "comfort" of being able to sit in the same seats each week, considering the amount of seats available on a weekly basis, why wouldn't a person just buy the damn things on a game by game basis?
2. Considering the current state of the economy should "ball clubs" make concessions regarding issue such as this one?

Thoughts?
Great. They are going to sue him for money he doesn't have. What a pointless exercise.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

can he sub-lease them?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Great. They are going to sue him for money he doesn't have. What a pointless exercise.
Squeezing a prune!

Sort of asinine, but apparantly they intend to pursue it in court.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:51 AM   #6
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:

Thoughts?
Dont know why one would lock yourself down with a contractual season ticket. This is the issue that I am going through. Its so easy to get a ticket if you want to go to the game, its kind of hard locking down $2-3K for season tickets any more.

I assume he signed the contract when he purchased the tickets. So, yes, the Broncos have every right to go after him if he doesnt pay
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
can he sub-lease them?
My thoughts too.

Can he find someone who will take them over? Or perhaps can he find someone who will split the cost with him so he uses 4 games and the other person uses 4 games?

The Broncos are probably getting a lot of this type of calls these days and it's just easier for them to say too bad than to help with payments.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 AM   #8
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
can he sub-lease them?
Bawahaha, have you seen the amount of club seats available on a game by game basis? Not only on the web and in the fish rag, but also on the Bronco Website.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #9
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

That is a Terrible idea from the Broncos Perspective. The risks and rewards were there from the beginning. Sucks for your friend but from the Business side the Broncos were open about it from the beginning.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #10
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
Dont know why one would lock yourself down with a contractual season ticket. This is the issue that I am going through. Its so easy to get a ticket if you want to go to the game, its kind of hard locking down $2-3K for season tickets any more.

I assume he signed the contract when he purchased the tickets. So, yes, the Broncos have every right to go after him if he doesnt pay
I agree, that legally, they have every right, but where do you draw the line?

I personally think that Pat, and the organization isn't being completely truthful about their season ticket "renewal #s".
I gave back 4 seats and I know of a few friends who have either partially or completely bowed out.
That's just in my circle of friends, and I believe the Broncos said they had a 95 or 96% renewal rate. At 74000 seats that would equate to only 3000-3500 cancellations. Hard to believe, especially considering that they offered me additional seats in the lower and upper bowl.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #11
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I heard that it'll all go away if he simply doesn't answer the door when the summons/process server arrives and doesn't show up to court on the appointed date.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #12
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I heard that it'll all go away if he simply doesn't answer the door when the summons/process server arrives and doesn't show up to court on the appointed date.
I'll pass it on.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
I agree, that legally, they have every right, but where do you draw the line?

I personally think that Pat, and the organization isn't being completely truthful about their season ticket "renewal #s".
I gave back 4 seats and I know of a few friends who have either partially or completely bowed out.
That's just in my circle of friends, and I believe the Broncos said they had a 95 or 96% renewal rate. At 74000 seats that would equate to only 3000-3500 cancellations. Hard to believe, especially considering that they offered me additional seats in the lower and upper bowl.
I wonder where they get that 95% renewal rate. Its just so easy to get tickets, its hard to believe.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:02 AM   #14
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Oh no...not this again
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Oh no...not this again
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #16
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

There are going to be so many empty seats around the league this season that they are going to have to suspend the Black Out Rule.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Pats claims of the 96% renewal rate are premature....the last day you can make a payment isn't until May 28th.

FYI, I gave up 2 of my 4 seats this year
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #18
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Pats claims of the 96% renewel rate are premature....the last day you can make a payment isn't untl May 28th.

What's with the 1/2 payment deadline? I have always made a payment in March.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #19
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Pats claims of the 96% renewal rate are premature....the last day you can make a payment isn't until May 28th.

yeah..I think that number is going to go in the ****ter. A couple grand is a lot of cash for people to put up right now.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
What's with the 1/2 payment deadline? I have always made a payment in March.
that's if you want to improve your seats....final payment/all is due in May. If times are tough, the ticket office will work with you through the summer
Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #21
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:

Thoughts?
By obligation you mean contract he signed then he's screwed tell him to just sell them game by game and then when his business gets back to par he will still have them
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #22
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Rememember what the front office told Cutler, "It's just business" why would they treat the fans any different?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #23
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:

Thoughts?
It sucks but it is a business. If he contractually agreed to 3,5 or 7 years then that is what he is on the hook for. This is happening all over the country at the moment. Retailers are desperately wishing they could drop retail space to lower their over head but are contractually tied up in leases. Should the Commercial real estate companies let them out? They in turn would start defaulting on loans that were used to fund those buildings. It sucks but that is the risk he took when we went box seat instead of normal. Is it the Broncos fault he over extended himself?
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #24
ak1971
uhhhh

Maybe we can get the gov't to create a hope for season ticket holders program. or better yet, we can get ACORN to drive us to Pats house.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #25
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

pat could make it up to everyone by giving the club level seats back to the fans (me) that had them at the old stadium.