The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Default Ot: Ipods...

Looking to buy one, and everyone keeps telling me the IPOD touch is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am going to get it tomorrow AM before work, but does anyone have one of these, possibly give me the negatives/positives? I am looking at either the 8GB or the 16, but for the same price as the 16, I can get the Ipod classic with 120gb. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Popps
It's so easy

iPhone, here. Love it.

Got my wife an iPod touch for a gift recently and she's insane over it. Obviously great for the music/wi-fi/integration features, but the apps-store just opens up another world on these things.

Just depends what you really want it to do. If you want it to be an all-in-one device, definitely get the touch. If you're just a hardcore music junkie and want to load up on 6 million songs, get the classic. (My son has the classic and loves it.)

Personally, I'd rather just cycle music on and off... and deal with smaller capacity in order to get access to the apps, iCal, mail, web, etc.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

iPhone is the way to go. I've had one for two weeks, and I already can't imagine living without it. Basically, having the Internet at your fingertips 24/7 is like having the entire wealth of human knowledge in your pocket at all times. GPS, music, e-mail, weather, and all your contacts in you phone all in one machine...hell, I even get to watch Youtube while in the bathroom now.

Hard to overstate how incredible they are. I drive around without fear of getting lost, and if I blow a tire or my car breaks down, I can find a tow truck company nearest to me, then call them and have them come fix my ride.

Get to listen to 1000's of radio stations when I drive, or watch movies while stuck in traffic.

Plus, surfing the web during a marathon meeting at work is A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

The only down side is that the battery runs down kind of fast. You get around 4-6 hours of continuous use before you need to recharge...which isn't great, but comparable to a laptop.

Get the 16 gig, you'll fill it up fast.

Last edited by Jesterhole; 04-19-2009 at 10:59 PM..
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

If you have a lot of music already downloaded and don't currently own a 30gb or bigger music player, then consider the classic. Its still easy to use and you can store all of your music on it now.

If you want something that is slick, beautiful, easy to use, can play lots of games and get on the wifi, get the touch. 16gbs is a lot of music (can get you through a 2 week trip fairly easily), but eventually you'll want to plug it into the comp and switch up what you have.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Where's Plummer???
orton has plummers beard

Orton Is A Team Leader!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

i personally like the zune better... IMO. it holds more than the ipod for the same price. only thing is if your lookin for a small device the ipdo would be the way to go. the zune is kinda bulky. but for vids n crap id take the zune. besides it has WiFi
Where's Plummer??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

i have a 16 gb i pod touch, it is the "sexy" pick, but after having it since the date it came out, id rather have the ipod classic with more memory, but i love music more than anything. so if you just like the touch because of its applications and wi-fi then get it, but as far as msuic goes, id get an ipod classic
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

although the flash drive on the touch will last longer, and wont wear down like the hard drive
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Here is a good comparison between iPhone and iTouch. Even though they disregard the whole phone part, the iPhone still wins.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-11399_7-35-101.html
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #9
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Touch ... nothing like it ... Unless you want the iphone .

So much more then a mp3 player . There is 0 reason to buy anything else for personal use . I could see have classics with 100s of gigs for using them to DJ but for anything else the touch is what you want ....

The apps for the touch is the greatest thing since sliced bread and if you get crazy jailbreak it ... I have one with like 200 nes games and 100 snes games on it plus music and vids ...

But there is so many good apps and games jailbroke or not there is just no reason to buy anything else ...apps you will use all the time .

Have a 8gig gen one jailbroke and a 16gig gen2 and girlfriend has a gen2 16gig as well they are the bomb...
I have a nice Zen 32 gig But the touches are just so nice ...

Get one you will love it
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Unless you are Full Album Guy ...

The guy who thinks for some reason you need to carry 10000000 songs , 999000 of you just skip over the touch is fine on how much it holds ...

I never fill either of mine , but I just carry music i actually want to hear and don't get all caught up in the telling people i have 20,000 full cds lol .....

My girlfriend actually carries way more music on her's then me like 500 -1000 plus songs and still hadn't filled it and she has a ton of apps on it as well...
Old 04-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I only do whole albums if I like the entire album, that rarely happens. I have itunes, 300 songs. Also starting to download comedy skits and stuff.

*EDIT* 300 songs. Typing too quickly.

Last edited by Archer81; 04-19-2009 at 11:24 PM..
Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #12
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I have a 30GB Zune, and I don't even listen to all the music. I cannot comprehend how someone needs a 120GB iPod.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #13
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I only do whole albums if I like the entire album, that rarely happens. I have itunes, 700 songs. Also starting to download comedy skits and stuff.

Touch ...
Old 04-19-2009, 11:58 PM   #14
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I love the touch. The iPhone wasn't really for me. I need a real key pad. So I kept my Treo, which I love, and got a touch. I don't have thousands of songs, so I'm not worried about the space. The best thing is that I can show photos to people. It's a lot better than just handing people a business card with a website address that they'll probably never go to. Instead I can show them photos right on the spot.

I never really got into the apps. And I never use the WiFi. But for playing music and storing photos, it's great.

Now, Palm is coming out with the Pre, which is pretty much an iPhone with a full key pad. I can't wait until that comes out. It's pretty much the phone I've been waiting for.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #15
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

If you ever get drafted to be an NFL QB I advise you not to listen to your iPod while the other QB is playing. Please make sure you pay attention to what the offense is doing
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:51 AM   #16
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston

Glad to be back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am on a college campus with wifi, so the iPod touch is the ****. I love it to death.
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:54 AM   #17
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I am surfing and posting on my ITouch right now! Highly recommend it! I have the 8GB, about 500 songs that I listen to and 15 apps. Still plenty of room left!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #18
dreasher54
getting good

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darcel McBath

The touches are amazing, if you like all the extras, i have the classic love it all my music and what not. If you get a touch dont let it drop on screen or it will be gone. Thats another reason i like the classic more durrible
dreasher54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:28 AM   #19
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Looking to buy one, and everyone keeps telling me the IPOD touch is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am going to get it tomorrow AM before work, but does anyone have one of these, possibly give me the negatives/positives? I am looking at either the 8GB or the 16, but for the same price as the 16, I can get the Ipod classic with 120gb. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Skip it. Steve Jobs is a liberal. Don't give your money to liberals!
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:37 AM   #20
dreasher54
getting good

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darcel McBath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
Skip it. Steve Jobs is a liberal. Don't give your money to liberals!
dreasher54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #21
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

First ond hopefully only ipod I have is the nano. Its nice, cute, and gets the job done for me.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MulBckv7g5A

I can't embed youtube on my work computer, and all I can get on my iPhone is the url.

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 04-20-2009 at 07:18 AM..
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #23
Beej
Seasoned Veteran

I have the 8G touch, but haven't checked out any of the apps yet. What are some good ones to get?
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #24
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
iPhone, here. Love it.

Got my wife an iPod touch for a gift recently and she's insane over it. Obviously great for the music/wi-fi/integration features, but the apps-store just opens up another world on these things.

Just depends what you really want it to do. If you want it to be an all-in-one device, definitely get the touch. If you're just a hardcore music junkie and want to load up on 6 million songs, get the classic. (My son has the classic and loves it.)

Personally, I'd rather just cycle music on and off... and deal with smaller capacity in order to get access to the apps, iCal, mail, web, etc.
I had a tough time deciding between the touch and the classic, I went with the classic because I have an i phone. Im a fool for Apple stuff, I have three nanos and an original white classic i pod in my Land Cruiser the i phone and a new 120 gig classic plus a Bose Tri-Pol headphones and a Bose noise canceling head phones and a Bose speaker for i pod and two other speaker systems for i pod. Damn I should open a store. Oh I almost forgot Apple TV
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 AM   #25
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
iPhone is the way to go. I've had one for two weeks, and I already can't imagine living without it. Basically, having the Internet at your fingertips 24/7 is like having the entire wealth of human knowledge in your pocket at all times. GPS, music, e-mail, weather, and all your contacts in you phone all in one machine...hell, I even get to watch Youtube while in the bathroom now.

Hard to overstate how incredible they are. I drive around without fear of getting lost, and if I blow a tire or my car breaks down, I can find a tow truck company nearest to me, then call them and have them come fix my ride.

Get to listen to 1000's of radio stations when I drive, or watch movies while stuck in traffic.

Plus, surfing the web during a marathon meeting at work is A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

The only down side is that the battery runs down kind of fast. You get around 4-6 hours of continuous use before you need to recharge...which isn't great, but comparable to a laptop.

Get the 16 gig, you'll fill it up fast.
Yea get the 16 gig or you will be sorry.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote