The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default Vikings at Bears Week 7 Game on NFLN

Bears won the game 48 to 41 and Lovie Smith is heard talking at the end of the game, he says something along the lines of the offense putting up a lot of points, Orton playing well. The thing is, Chicago's defense scored 2 TDs and the Bears special teams got on TD also. Frerrotte threw like 4 INTs.

Orton did play well, but he had a lot of help from the defense.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 04-20-2009 at 07:51 AM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

He's not a Quarterback that is going to win you any games, He can just manage and you hope he doesn't lose you any...
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
...Orton playing well. The thing is, Chicago's defense scored 2 TDs and the Bears special teams got on TD also. Frerrotte through like 4 INTs.

This is a typical DA BEARS game. People here that think Cutler will fail forget that NFL teams can and do get TD's from D and ST's.

It is so rare in Denver that I think people here forget that it is possible.

Unless DA BEARS fall back to earth and fail to score on D and ST's this year I do not see how they cannot win their Divison.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Only Broncos fans would think that not being able to score 48 points all on your own is the sign of a QB you can't rely on.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Only Broncos fans would think that not being able to score 48 points all on your own is the sign of a QB you can't rely on.
Well when the Defense is giving up 47 a game, the QB better find a way to score 50 a game
Old 04-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Bears won the game 48 to 41 and Lovie Smith is heard talking at the end of the game, he says something along the lines of the offense putting up a lot of points, Orton playing well. The thing is, Chicago's defense scored 2 TDs and the Bears special teams got on TD also. Frerrotte through like 4 INTs.

Your right, giving up 41 points helps Orton out a lot.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I've lived in Illinois for 8 years, and my whole family are bear fans...Saying that, I've watched them play for the last 10 years or so, their defense is going down and isn't no where near the team they used to be a few years ago. Urlacher is slowing down and always injured now. They are better then Denver's but not as good as people give em credit for.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Well when the Defense is giving up 47 a game, the QB better find a way to score 50 a game
Seems to me that if you're blaming the QB for not scoring 50 points when the other team scores 47, you're yelling at the leaky faucet while the house is burning down.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Seems to me that if you're blaming the QB for not scoring 50 points when the other team scores 47, you're yelling at the leaky faucet while the house is burning down.
haha, i got you... I was just joking bout that earlier, people that are putting all this blame on cutler when our defense was the real problem all year...
Old 04-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

over the course of last season the bears' defense and special teams score 5 TDs - the broncos scored 2 ... that's 21 points (assuming the PATs are good). that amounts to a mere 1.3 points/game difference in scoring.

the bears defense was #21 last year while the broncos were #29. the bears defense/special teams got 3 TDs in one game and 2 the rest of the year. for all the yards cutler and company got until the red zone, they couldn't finish the job often enough. hence #2 in yards and #16 in scoring while also being #8 in turnovers.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:38 AM   #11
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Giving up 41 points to a Frerotte led offense would concern me to say the least. Orton is not as bad as the Cutler fans would have you believe. Because he doesn't have a cannon, he isn't a good QB. That's how deep their QB evaluation runs.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:10 AM   #12
jayman_37
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMT View Post
over the course of last season the bears' defense and special teams score 5 TDs - the broncos scored 2 ... that's 21 points (assuming the PATs are good). that amounts to a mere 1.3 points/game difference in scoring.

the bears defense was #21 last year while the broncos were #29. the bears defense/special teams got 3 TDs in one game and 2 the rest of the year. for all the yards cutler and company got until the red zone, they couldn't finish the job often enough. hence #2 in yards and #16 in scoring while also being #8 in turnovers.
To play Devil's advocate. You also need to take into account the fact that the bears were one of the top teams in forcing turnovers. So you could think that many of the points the bears offense scored was off of a short field. I think their average starting field position was something like ten yards better than ours. So you have to take that into account as well. Just saying.
jayman_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #13
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Giving up 41 points to a Frerotte led offense would concern me to say the least. Orton is not as bad as the Cutler fans would have you believe. Because he doesn't have a cannon, he isn't a good QB. That's how deep their QB evaluation runs.
One thing I noticed on short passses is that Orton can throw as hard as Cutler. Difference is Cutler can throw that hard off his back foot and Orton has to step into it.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
Your right, giving up 41 points helps Orton out a lot.
Two TDs from the defense does help, but point taken.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #15
TheDave
Sauced...

Having watched this, I can't figure out why people b**** about Ortons arm. Granted it's not on the same planet as Cutlers, but he has more than enough zip on his short and intermediate throws.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
haha, i got you... I was just joking bout that earlier, people that are putting all this blame on cutler when our defense was the real problem all year...
I dont think people are puttig blame on cutler's play. They are putting blame on him because he's acted like a total a-hole
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote