The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Meck77

Default Wireless speaker system for ipod?

Anyone out there use wireless speakers for their ipod or stereo system?

Ideally they'd be indoor/outdoor and have some decent output.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Malcontent
Life....on tap.

Got Mustard?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Mustard

Didn't even know there was such a thing...I guess I am trying so hard to pay the mortgage,car pmt, elec bill, food, gas, hooker, that I just plain missed it. lol...
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Just about any wireless system could be used with a Ipod for the most part .

What are you wanting to do with it ? ... Are we talking everyday use or something more like P.A. speakers for special events ?

Last edited by TDmvp; 04-19-2009 at 05:34 PM..
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

You can get an airport extreme from the mac store and play Itunes through any system that has a mini input.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Just about any wireless system could be used with a Ipod for the most part .

What are you wanting to do with it ? ... Are we talking everyday use or something more like P.A. speakers for special events ?
Didn't know that. I thought you had to buy a ipod specific speakers that had a docking station.

Just looking to have flexible movement of speakers for the yard this summer.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Didn't know that. I thought you had to buy a ipod specific speakers that had a docking station.

Just looking to have flexible movement of speakers for the yard this summer.
signal is signal ... Anything that has a input can be made to work with mini input. Wire from to the Ipod to receiver (whatever that may be) ... Dont look as cool as something with a IPOD dock but who cares ....

Now if you actually want something with a Dock , I like this ... Dock even tilts sideways for the Ipod touch ... wireless sub ...

http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...ystem+DC912-37

But any wireless system would technically work ... Just might have to get some adapters to go from RCA to mini input ...

I use my touch with everything from my Roland digital machine and PA , to just cheap speakers around the house ....
Old 04-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Im confused. Do you want the speakers to be wireless, or the Ipod to be wireless? Wired speakers from an amp source are always going to sound better. You could potentially go wireless from the IPOD to the amp with a bluetooh adapter... but I don't really see the point or advantage. The Bose Ipod speaker system with docking station kicks ass for a portable Ipod sound system. I actually have one that I bring to whichever operationg room I'm in so I can rock out while I work.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

I hate wires SO i like that dock Meck .... Good bass , fake surround sound ... not bad ....

I may get this for the same reason .... no wires ... And this thing sounds UNREAL ... I thought a bird was in Walmart one night cause of these lol ...

http://www.walmart.com/Sony-HT-CT100...tem/ip/9447379

Sounds as good to me as true surround sound and none of that 5.1 wires running all over the room .... Bar in front of TV , sub under something ... done deal ... Anyone looking for some speakers should listen to these things ...
Old 04-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #9
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Anyone out there use wireless speakers for their ipod or stereo system?

Ideally they'd be indoor/outdoor and have some decent output.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Honestly Meck, I haven't heard any wireless speakers that are worth their asking price, YET. There are wireless sets for under a $100, but if you're planning on using them out in the yard, for a party or a large open space, they just don't get loud enough/sound quality isn't acceptable. Like an earlier poster stated, without wired signal, not enough juice.

I just googled it though, and if you have some extra coin to blow, you might try to somehow listen to the EOS system....looks promising.

http://www.eoswireless.com/

150 ft range, the core package comes with the base reciever and 1 wireless, then you can buy up to four more wireless. Has an auxillary jack as well, for your t.v., radio, etc etc. Integrated (and removable) power source on each additional speaker, so you can plug them in anywhere you have a standard outlet.

Pricey, I'd try to listen to them first.

Last edited by Boobs McGee; 04-19-2009 at 07:43 PM..
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
Honestly Meck, I haven't heard any wireless speakers that are worth their asking price, YET. There are wireless sets for under a $100, but if you're planning on using them out in the yard, for a party or a large open space, they just don't get loud enough/sound quality isn't acceptable. Like an earlier poster stated, without wired signal, not enough juice.

I just googled it though, and if you have some extra coin to blow, you might try to somehow listen to the EOS system....looks promising.

http://www.eoswireless.com/

150 ft range, the core package comes with the base reciever and 1 wireless, then you can buy up to four more wireless. Has an auxillary jack as well, for your t.v., radio, etc etc. Integrated (and removable) power source on each additional speaker, so you can plug them in anywhere you have a standard outlet.

Pricey, I'd try to listen to them first.
I had a feeling that would be the case. Right now I use the Ipod hi fi. http://www.google.com/products/catal...ult#ps-sellers

The system flat out rocks. It's pricey but you can hear music from almost a football field away. The problem is I sprayed the box with the garden hose once and my girlfriend almost killed me. Amazingly enough after a few sparks and smoke it still worked the next day.

I'm thinking I may just hard wire some outdoor speakers. Thanks for all the advice people.