The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default Directv

Anyone who has had the luxury of watching games of their choice on the NFL network channel knows how great it is even though the package will cost you a chunk of change. Knowing everyone is in a financial crunch, people losing their jobs,homes etc. I think it would be a great gesture on directv's part if they would cut the price in half for us loyal fans for the NFL ticket this year. They would probably make out pretty good, with the potential of more first time subscribers plus the regulars subscribers compared to the ones they may lose, due to the financial crisis !
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

The main thing I hate about Direct TV is I can't get it in Baja.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
Anyone who has had the luxury of watching games of their choice on the NFL network channel knows how great it is even though the package will cost you a chunk of change. Knowing everyone is in a financial crunch, people losing their jobs,homes etc. I think it would be a great gesture on directv's part if they would cut the price in half for us loyal fans for the NFL ticket this year. They would probably make out pretty good, with the potential of more first time subscribers plus the regulars subscribers compared to the ones they may lose, due to the financial crisis !
Good luck with that....Directv has us by the balls and they know it.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
Where's Plummer???
orton has plummers beard

Orton Is A Team Leader!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

my pops told comcast that he'll switch to them and sign a 2 yr contract if they gave him free NFL Network and 1/2 off NHL network... it worked. that lucky prick
Where's Plummer??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Get programming at your residence stateside, and buy another dish and mount it on your house in Baja. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to do it.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Good luck with that....Directv has us by the balls and they know it.
Ya I know , its a like a love/hate relationship.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Get programming at your residence stateside, and buy another dish and mount it on your house in Baja. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to do it.

Thanks. How you been Doc.?

I did that for years but the problem now is they decreased their footprint so that we no longer receive the Direct TV signal here but we do get Dish network which is poor step sister to DTV.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Even without the Sunday NFL Ticket I would still use DirecTv, the other programming they offer is good, tons of HD channels and a reasonable price, as compared to the other options.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #9
Broncobuddy7
\m/ >< \m/

For some of you

Yup, def overpriced but can't live without it. I'm sure the NFL is raking in a crapload of cash in this exclusive deal too. NFL + DTV = $$$
Broncobuddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Thanks. How you been Doc.?

I did that for years but the problem now is they decreased their footprint so that we no longer receive the Direct TV signal here but we do get Dish network which is poor step sister to DTV.
I'm good... thanks. So you can't physically recieve the signal in Mexico? That would seem difficult from DTV's standpoint, but I guess not impossible. I was thinking about an HD slingbox. Maybe we could work something out for the games. PM me if you are interested.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #11
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

We had the Direct TV NFL Network one season and dumped it, never again (NFL Network).
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I am on the fence about resigning up for the ticket this year.

I have both cable and Directv for the sunday ticket only.

Money is tight.

Last year a good portion of the games were on national or doubleheader games and I didn't even turn the dish on some weeks.

Sounds like we will only get 2 national games this year and with 6 early starts I am not going to get those with out the dish as DA BEARS are an early start team and will get the nod.

It is hard to justify spending $250+ on a rebuilding team when I got 2 little ones and other needs.

I figure if there is really a game I want to see I can hit the bar or leach off a friend. It is so nice to have it at the house though.

This may come down to the wire...

Oh and there is no way they will cut the price. They may not raise it but they will never cut it back. I remember paying $165 for the whole season, it has gone up almost $100 bucks since then.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where's Plummer??? View Post
my pops told comcast that he'll switch to them and sign a 2 yr contract if they gave him free NFL Network and 1/2 off NHL network... it worked. that lucky prick
You cannot get Sunday Ticket on Comcast. You need the dish. NFL network is part of a sports package that costs an extra $5-6 a month. Not sure about NHL network. With the comcast NFL network you get the NFL channel that has 8 games the last 8 weeks of the season.

If you are in Denver then you get the games locally and do not need nfl network at all, for Bronco games.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where's Plummer??? View Post
May have worked for them but Comcast loses NFL network on May 1st. They can't get a contract together.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #15
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
You should be able to if you know somebody with a valid US address who's willing to be listed as the physical address for your account. You can by the dish and converter in the States, and take it back there to set it up. Pay your bill online.

I miss DirecTV more than I can say ....
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #16
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
You should be able to if you know somebody with a valid US address who's willing to be listed as the physical address for your account. You can by the dish and converter in the States, and take it back there to set it up. Pay your bill online.

I think he has done this in the past... and DTV somehow focuses the signal on the continental US to the point where he can't recieve it.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #17
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I just saw on another board that Directv is jacking up the prices again....the early bird special is now five payments of $55.99 for the NFL Season Ticket.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #18
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

Anybody else been having problems with their DVR lately?
TheManeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #19
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

GO Bison Kick OU

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I think he has done this in the past... and DTV somehow focuses the signal on the continental US to the point where he can't recieve it.
Slingbox
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 AM   #20
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

I did that for years but as I mentioned to the Doc DTV figured out how to shrink their signal footprint so that it ends just over the US border and I am too far South. I tossed two HD DVRs in the trash a few years back I was so pissed. Over a thousand Americans had that same thing happen. DTV knew lots of people were doing that but they shrank the signal footprint anyway maybe at was an airspace thing.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #21
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I just canceled Comcast and signed up for Dish Network. Over two years Direct TV was going to cost $400 more. I know "it's better" because of more HD or whatever, but all of the shows I watch are HD on Dish in the package I want and since I live in Colorado, getting Bronco games is no big deal. Comcast was the most expensive for two TV's with DVR.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #22
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I just canceled Comcast and signed up for Dish Network. Over two years Direct TV was going to cost $400 more. I know "it's better" because of more HD or whatever, but all of the shows I watch are HD on Dish in the package I want and since I live in Colorado, getting Bronco games is no big deal. Comcast was the most expensive for two TV's with DVR.
I got Dish and pay about $85 for 200 channels HBO Cinna Max and Stars.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I just saw on another board that Directv is jacking up the prices again....the early bird special is now five payments of $55.99 for the NFL Season Ticket.
ugh, what was it last year? Every year i consider cancelling it and just getting my ass to the bar, but every year i wind up buying it
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #24
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Yes, but if this season is anything like all the seasons before, new customers get their full package including ALL premium channels FREE for the first four months ... so that $55.99 is all you pay the first four months.

On the fifth month, make sure you cancel all the premiums and it's about $120 the fifth month (including the 5th Ticket payment). Then about $60-70 from then on. Not much different than cable, and a much better service overall.

FYI ... that special usually starts August 1st, not before.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #25
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I think when SundayTicket first came out it was $125 a year and if you continued year after year they held the price for you.