The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default Michael Lombardi: Sunday at the Post

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...y-at-the-post/

Denver, AFC West, and prospects that Denver is rumored to be interested in tidbits

Quote:
1. A report from the Denver Post claims the Broncos will bring in Mark Sanchez for a workout this week, but that can’t be correct. NFL rules state that teams are not allowed to work out a player in the team’s city unless it also happens to be the player’s home town or college town. In the case of Sanchez, the only way the Broncos could work him out this week would be at USC or in his home town, but not in Denver. In addition, no prospects are allowed to travel this week, as all visits have to end on Friday a week before the draft.
Quote:
3. I hear that OLB Aaron Curry might not be a lock in the top three and that the Chiefs might not have him targeted as their pick. The word around the league is the Chiefs are in love with DE Tyson Jackson of LSU and see him as another Richard Seymour type. Teams are worried (as I am) about Curry being a just a Sam Backer and not an effective blitzer. Curry is a fine football player, but it’s hard to pay the high cost of a top-three pick if he can’t rush the passer.
I'd love that. Jackson will be solid for a long time, but that's not the type of guy you should be taking with the 3rd overall.

Quote:
5. A general manger told me that he expects Cleveland to trade Brady Quinn this week but he’s not sure what team he will be heading to. The prevailing feeling in the NFL is that the Browns like Mark Sanchez and have spent considerable time getting to know everything they can about him.

6. More on Sanchez: I keep hearing (and not from our own diehard ‘Skins fan Ray Gustini) that Washington is trying to find a way to move up and get the USC quarterback. Sanchez left Washington on Saturday and has spent considerable time with ‘Skins brass.

7. I hear the reason that Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez is not coming to the offseason program is that he really wants the Chiefs to be motivated to trade him. Guard Brian Waters is also holding a protest and not attending the offseason program.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

I bet Sanchez ends up in Washington. Snyder went hard after Cutler and was denied, he will not be denied twice.

We should trade up and make it look like we are after Sanchez and at the last minute offer the pick to Snyder saying our guy was taken ahead of our upgraded pick. Nothing like a Snyder rape to start the draft.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
backup qb
Ring of Famer

I like your thinking baja
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I bet Sanchez ends up in Washington. Snyder went hard after Cutler and was denied, he will not be denied twice.

We should trade up and make it look like we are after Sanchez and at the last minute offer the pick to Snyder saying our guy was taken ahead of our upgraded pick. Nothing like a Snyder rape to start the draft.
it would be SICK if we could move up 6-8 then trade back to washingtons spot. say if you dont trade we are taking sanchez. that would be hilarious, take em for half their draft.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
it would be SICK if we could move up 6-8 then trade back to washingtons spot. say if you dont trade we are taking sanchez. that would be hilarious, take em for half their draft.
What would be even better is if Sanchez is there at out 12 pick and we call Snyder and say three teams want to trade up for our pick to take Sanchez but since you have the 13th pick we would like to trade with you, we will need your second next year and a third this year to swap picks, now we know that is a lot to move up one pick but Detroit and Tampa Bay are willing to do even better but we want your 13th so we are willing to make you this deal.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

But we have Kyle Orton now, how would anybody believe that we are drafting a QB. I mean we would have to be immensely stupid to have traded a known star commodity without getting a starter back, right?

McDaniels drafts a QB in the first round= we already lost the trade. Orton is the starter.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Orton is the starter.
Or Simms.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

The Chiefs will try and trade down then. I would love it if they took Tyson Jackson third overall.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #9
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
But we have Kyle Orton now, how would anybody believe that we are drafting a QB. I mean we would have to be immensely stupid to have traded a known star commodity without getting a starter back, right?

McDaniels drafts a QB in the first round= we already lost the trade. Orton is the starter.
Oh really, have you seen many mock drafts lately.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

not necessarily. if sanchez fell to 10 and we traded to pick him up, we netted a first round pick out of cutler and still have a QB. if mcdaniels can work his magic again, we could have a better starter for this system and another first to put on defense or whatever.

well see how it turns out, dont go all doom and gloom til you see the results.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #11
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Sarcasm aside, HTH do you "win" or "lose" a trade? That is just so stupid.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Or Simms.
Orton...
Gcver2ver3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #13
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The Chiefs will try and trade down then. I would love it if they took Tyson Jackson third overall.
I have it from a good source that the Chiefs are finalizing a deal with a team (I'm not at liberty to say which one) that would send the 3rd pick in this year's draft for every first round pick from the other team through 2050.

This deal will happen. It's done.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #14
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I have it from a good source that the Chiefs are finalizing a deal with a team (I'm not at liberty to say which one) that would send the 3rd pick in this year's draft for every first round pick from the other team through 2050.

This deal will happen. It's done.
I will only believe this, if you testify that you heard it on the super double secret pod cast two weeks ago........
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #15
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

If prospects can't travel, why was Sanchez in Washington?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
If prospects can't travel, why was Sanchez in Washington?
Synder bought USC and moved campus to Wash
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

this is a situation where we need Mike back. he would have raped the hell out of Snyder.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote