The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default on broncos website - sat interviews with royal, hillis, jordan

See

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=8975

Royal is positive about the new system, from the article:

"Eddie Royal said it's a bit like starting all the way over, because there's completely new terminology. But that's not all that's new -- the second-year player said at times the receiving corps is still figuring out exactly where to line up. Regardless of the learning process, Royal said he's already a believer

"You get to do everything -- we move around a lot," he said. "It's hard to classify you as one position because we do so much, and I like that part about it."
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i love Eddie and Hillis. if we can get a few guys like them on Defense in this draft, i will be ecstatic
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I totally forgot we signed LaMont Jordan until I saw he had an interview.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

With having a headstart with the new system on Marshall, I bet the Eddie leads our team in receiving next year.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

"If you're a fan of this team, then be a fan of this team."
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
"If you're a fan of this team, then be a fan of this team."
"If you're a fan of this team, then be a fan of this team," he said. "When it's all said and done, winning heals all."-LaMont Jordan

Sadly some fans are just too stupid & bitter to let go of past players and coaches.

Wins will turn a few around, wins will also shut up a few, but some will be bitter for years.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
See

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=8975

Royal is positive about the new system, from the article:

"Eddie Royal said it's a bit like starting all the way over, because there's completely new terminology. But that's not all that's new -- the second-year player said at times the receiving corps is still figuring out exactly where to line up. Regardless of the learning process, Royal said he's already a believer

"You get to do everything -- we move around a lot," he said. "It's hard to classify you as one position because we do so much, and I like that part about it."
Royal would be positive if a grizzly did its business on his front lawn. I get the feeling that guy sees a silver lining in everything and that is what makes him such a good person.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Any Bronco fan that wants to feel better go listen to the Lamont Jordan tape.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #9
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Any Bronco fan that wants to feel better go listen to the Lamont Jordan tape.
Except for Blueflame. I strongly recommend that she not listen to it. They talk about the Patriots a lot in it and her head will probably explode after the sixth time they bring them up.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

That's so true.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Except for Blueflame. I strongly recommend that she not listen to it. They talk about the Patriots a lot in it and her head will probably explode after the sixth time they bring them up.
I love it.

Our last winning attitude was brought here directly from the San Francisco 49ers. To pretend that bringing in culture from other teams is some sort of new phenomenon is just goofy. Shanahan brought every bit as much from his former team as McDaniels is bringing, if not more.

Fine with me. That's the reason you go out and bring in new blood, because you want to change the culture of your franchise.

At the end of the day, we'll be the Broncos. We'll have some Patriots influences, as well as others, I'm sure. But, that's how this goes.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

And the buying-in process has already begun. Champ Bailey and Elvis Dumervil talked about the palpable excitement in yesterday's practice, and Royal, Jordan and Peyton Hillis echoed those sentiments today.

The bottom line is winning, and the players are ready to go out and do their jobs to make sure it happens.

"Coach McDaniels keeps telling us we're going to use different things each week to win games," Hillis said. "Whatever that is, whether it's running the ball, passing, it doesn't matter -- whatever it takes to win the game. I'm just going to play where they put me and be happy."

The gloom-doom crowd around here must just hate this stuff.

Such a shame to see the locker room "divided" like this, huh?

Old 04-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #13
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Ya we could have hired a coach from the Bangals..
Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #14
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We were playing an aggressive 3-4 defense before Dan Reeves was the coach, too. I prefer to see it as we're getting back to our roots.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
We were playing an aggressive 3-4 defense before Dan Reeves was the coach, too. I prefer to see it as we're getting back to our roots.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #16
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Agreed - especially since belichick was on the Broncos staff as a gopher for Joel Collier during the Orange Crush years.

Collier taught bill belichick, bill belichick taught McDaniels, McDaniels brings the 3-4 defense back to Denver.

The current Broncos remind of the John Ralston teams of the early to mid 70's - good offensive teams (with qb Charlie Johnson, rb Floyd Little, wr Haven Moses) with a poor defense. A few defensive oriented drafts with astute picks (Gradashar, Wright, Foley and others) gave the Broncos the best defense in the league a few years later. Let's hope history repeats.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #17
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Agreed - especially since belichick was on the Broncos staff as a gopher for Joel Collier during the Orange Crush years.

Collier taught bill belichick, bill belichick taught McDaniels, McDaniels brings the 3-4 defense back to Denver.

The current Broncos remind of the John Ralston teams of the early to mid 70's - good offensive teams (with qb Charlie Johnson, rb Floyd Little, wr Haven Moses) with a poor defense. A few defensive oriented drafts with astute picks (Gradashar, Wright, Foley and others) gave the Broncos the best defense in the league a few years later. Let's hope history repeats.
That's a great point.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

gradishar is a once in a lifetime pick.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #19
ro_50
Ring of Famer

If ever player on the team was like Eddie Royal and Peyton Hillis, then we'll be in good hands.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #20
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Mike Nolan's first NFL job was as the LB coach for the Broncos from 87-92, his first year under Collier and the later part under Wade Phillips.

The notion that this isn't a Bronco team because these guys were associated with other franchises when they had big success is just flat out stupid, no other way to put it.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #21
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

So the Patriots are more the Broncos than the Broncos are the Patriots.

For the love of God someone please PM this information to Blueflame ASAP.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #22
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
And the buying-in process has already begun. Champ Bailey and Elvis Dumervil talked about the palpable excitement in yesterday's practice, and Royal, Jordan and Peyton Hillis echoed those sentiments today.

The bottom line is winning, and the players are ready to go out and do their jobs to make sure it happens.

"Coach McDaniels keeps telling us we're going to use different things each week to win games," Hillis said. "Whatever that is, whether it's running the ball, passing, it doesn't matter -- whatever it takes to win the game. I'm just going to play where they put me and be happy."

The gloom-doom crowd around here must just hate this stuff.

Such a shame to see the locker room "divided" like this, huh?

You didn't get the memo - it doesn't matter what these guys say, Coach McDoodoohead is gonna trade or release all of them anyway.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #23
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
"If you're a fan of this team, then be a fan of this team," he said. "When it's all said and done, winning heals all."-LaMont Jordan

Sadly some fans are just too stupid & bitter to let go of past players and coaches.

Wins will turn a few around, wins will also shut up a few, but some will be bitter for years.
Thanks...I'm reallly looking forward to 4 1/2 months of every throwaway quote from a guy with a mic stuck in his face after practice being interpreted as a hidden doxology on the wonders of the new vs the old regime.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #24
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Thanks...I'm reallly looking forward to 4 1/2 months of every throwaway quote from a guy with a mic stuck in his face after practice being interpreted as a hidden doxology on the wonders of the new vs the old regime.
Then stop interpreting them as some sort of John McCain-esque "TORTURE" message that shows the locker room is divided and scared.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #25
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Then stop interpreting them as some sort of John McCain-esque "TORTURE" message that shows the locker room is divided and scared.
I'm not interpreting them as anything at all...most quotes from players are relatively meaningless tripe good for little more than sports page filler...more so in an April minicamp than any other time.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote