The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Vanderbilt Coach Defends Cutler

During Jay Cutler’s messy divorce from the Denver Broncos, his reputation took a major hit as he was widely portrayed as a spoiled, petulant brat in NFL circles.

In the wake of Cutler receiving a mountain’s worth of bad publicity during the process of being traded to the Chicago Bears, Cutler’s Vanderbilt coach Bobby Johnson spoke out this week during a conference call to defend his former star player, according to Maurice Patton of the Tennessean.

“I saw him (painted) as a whiner, spoiled, things like that,” Johnson said. “That’s the furthest thing from Jay Cutler you could imagine. … During his career here at Vanderbilt, he never whined, never whimpered. He was a trooper for us.

“He did everything we could ask him to do. To see him labeled like he was, was really disappointing to me. I did get the chance to talk to him and he told me exactly what happened. I’m still a huge Jay Cutler fan.”

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Dude what's with the pic of the back of the guy on roids?
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
During Jay Cutler’s messy divorce from the Denver Broncos, his reputation took a major hit as he was widely portrayed as a spoiled, petulant brat in NFL circles.

In the wake of Cutler receiving a mountain’s worth of bad publicity during the process of being traded to the Chicago Bears, Cutler’s Vanderbilt coach Bobby Johnson spoke out this week during a conference call to defend his former star player, according to Maurice Patton of the Tennessean.

“I saw him (painted) as a whiner, spoiled, things like that,” Johnson said. “That’s the furthest thing from Jay Cutler you could imagine. … During his career here at Vanderbilt, he never whined, never whimpered. He was a trooper for us.

“He did everything we could ask him to do.
To see him labeled like he was, was really disappointing to me. I did get the chance to talk to him and he told me exactly what happened. I’m still a huge Jay Cutler fan.”

And did the same as a Bronco until told otherwise, why stay at your job when the boss doesn't want you.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Did his dad come out in support of Cutler as well?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

So the coach of Vandy is they guy who came around here as a fluffer for Cutler? You know the guy they call cutlerfan!

Sounds like he was a what everyone expected in college. But in the pro's his ego overtook that. Eh well it happens, its Chicago's problem now.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

This is the place that threw open it's arms for a dirty scumbag like Maurice Clarett until he left to pursue armed robbery instead.

Truth is irrelevant here...the color of the jersey is all that matters.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
This is the place that threw open it's arms for a dirty scumbag like Maurice Clarett until he left to pursue armed robbery instead.

Speak for yourself.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Speak for yourself.
I'm not one who welcomed the felon here.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:59 AM   #9
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Dude what's with the pic of the back of the guy on roids?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorian_Yates

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #10
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

It's over and done, I'm not going to dwell on it now. The only things that really surprised me out of this fiasco is this. People honestly know very little about what really went down. They jumped to conclusions repeatedly (such as Jay and his agent demanding a new contract, which I saw in every damned thread, and yet it was never true), and based on what the team said, painted Cutler as a whiny crybaby. And I'm sure he was being butthurt more than he should have been.

But does he really deserve all the hate directed his way? I never got that. He at least has tried for our team. He HAS been here. McD is getting 10 times the support from people, and he has done nothing for the team yet! Not one win, not one move that I am super impressed with, nothing. He will earn my respect when I see him produce some wins for our team. Once the rebuilding looks like something positive, not just his method to make the team feel like his own. He is utterly tearing our team apart. It better have results. Good ones. Or he won't be long for this team either.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

He was the king at Vandy. He was the king here under Shanny. He'll be the king in Chicago. I'm sure he's real cool with everyone who treats him like a king.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post

“He did everything we could ask him to do. To see him labeled like he was, was really disappointing to me. I did get the chance to talk to him and he told me exactly what happened. I’m still a huge Jay Cutler fan.”

Bobby just want's bears tickets.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Whether we like the results of all those involved (Shanahan included) or not in TIME this whole thing will play itself out. I honestly wish the best for everyone involved and am not ashamed to say my preference is for our Broncos from top to bottom to succeed.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post

Truth is irrelevant here...the color of the jersey is all that matters.
Quoted for Truth.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Clarett was a clear reach. Moss was a reach.

We reached for Moss as far as Cutler.

Cutler decide to let Bus handle it.

We came out like starving pigs, and he'll get a new contract in the uncapped year.

Those are facts.

Last edited by watermock; 04-18-2009 at 05:12 PM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote