The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default The Offcial Start Spencer Larsen! Don't Draft Rey Rey Thread

First of all he Tallied 131 tackles to lead the PAC-10 in 2007.As everyone knows he played FB and MLB in one game the man has Heart!Yea Maualuga had 96 tackles, 37 tackles for loss, 4 interceptions (2 for TDs), -2 fumble recoveries and 1 kickoff return for a touchdown in his senior year.But the man Scored really low Wonderlic with 15, giving the middile linebacker has to be asked to call the Defense.By the way Larsen scored 25/33 on his Wonderlic last year.
Larsen has the Football IQ and Heart to play in the old school 3-4.

So I say Start Larsen and don't draft Maualuga
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
First of all he Tallied 131 tackles to lead the PAC-10 in 2007.As everyone knows he played FB and MLB in one game the man has Heart!Yea Maualuga had 96 tackles, 37 tackles for loss, 4 interceptions (2 for TDs), -2 fumble recoveries and 1 kickoff return for a touchdown in his senior year.But the man Scored really low Wonderlic with 15, giving the middile linebacker has to be asked to call the Defense.By the way Larsen scored 25/33 on his Wonderlic last year.
Larsen has the Football IQ and Heart to play in the old school 3-4.

So I say Start Larsen and don't draft Maualuga
I don't want Maualuga, that's for sure. If Larsen wins the starting spot, fine.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

PRBronco supports this thread.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

so if I do want Rey, do I have to start another thread, or can I chime in here??

the way things are nowadays I don't want to ruffle any feathers
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
so if I do want Rey, do I have to start another thread, or can I chime in here??

the way things are nowadays I don't want to ruffle any feathers
You could start a rant in here don't go making all these Threads on Rey Rey
Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

The reason I like the guy is because he reminds me a LOT of Al Wilson. Early in his career Wilson was known for making bad reads, getting caught on misdirections and missing assignments...he was basically over aggressive. Wilson also wasnt very good in coverage. I see a lot of those qualities in Rey and thats not so good for the immediate future.
However, the real key for Rey would be how he utilizes that playmaker's mentality to his advantage and tones down his initial reads...but he brings something to the MLB position that we havent seen in a very long time: FIRE and AGGRESSIVENESS...I think we can all agree that no matter how much we like or dislike DJ WIlliams, he just isnt a fiery type of guy..neither is Champ....what Rey may lack in smarts he brings in intensity and I think its something that we could use a pick for at #18...

hopefully he's not a Vernon Gholston and can learn defensive schemes...
Old 04-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i agree. i didn't want Maualuga before all the draft process began. i don't even think he was the best of the USC trio. i would want Matthews and Cushing before him.

start Larsen and draft Matthews to get Boss off the field.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I love Larsen, he is a warrior and an overachiever. He has smarts, instincts and hustle, some of the most important features in an ILB.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like larsons effort but I'm ready to crown him the next jack lambert or lawrence taylor.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
socalorado
Ring of Famer

What about this. And i highly doubt that Larsen can start over Andra.I like Spencer too! Just sayin,

JACK L.English E.Dumervil
WILL DJ. Williams W.Woodyard
MIKE S.Larsen A.Davis
SAM B.Cushing B.Bailey
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

NEWS FLASH!

Our starting ILB's will be Andra Davis (SILB) and DJ Williams (WILB).
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #12
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
The reason I like the guy is because he reminds me a LOT of Al Wilson. Early in his career Wilson was known for making bad reads, getting caught on misdirections and missing assignments...he was basically over aggressive. Wilson also wasnt very good in coverage. I see a lot of those qualities in Rey and thats not so good for the immediate future.
However, the real key for Rey would be how he utilizes that playmaker's mentality to his advantage and tones down his initial reads...but he brings something to the MLB position that we havent seen in a very long time: FIRE and AGGRESSIVENESS...I think we can all agree that no matter how much we like or dislike DJ WIlliams, he just isnt a fiery type of guy..neither is Champ....what Rey may lack in smarts he brings in intensity and I think its something that we could use a pick for at #18...

hopefully he's not a Vernon Gholston and can learn defensive schemes...
Yea i see what your saying we was missing that Captain on Defense but thats why we bought in B-Dawk,although B-Dawk will only be here for like 2 years I think a young guy like Woodyard can step up in take that "Fire" Place.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

I love Larsen. Larsen is a backup/ST guy. I would love for him to be more, but he isn't. Rey would bring attitude back to this defense, and RB would be a little less calm between the tackles. I don't like Cushing or Mathews. Cushing is an injury waiting to happen, and he is maxed out on potential. Mathews is a rush LB that doesn't sack the QB.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
NEWS FLASH!

Almost forgot, those 2 along with dumervil (OLB) probably have 3 of the 4 starting positions on lock down.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
NEWS FLASH!

There's no way Andra Davis is better than Larsen I think Larsen beats him out in Training Champ,The only thing i can recall on Davis was his Eye Gouge on Willis McGahee,Larsen hits hard and has the smarts.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

ummmmm,,, I probably shouldn't be on this thread for obvious reasons, however I do want to say I think it's a win win whatever we do as long as Larsen gets the nod over rey. I think Larsen is a Bad A$@ however I also think Rey Rey is too,,, so I'm in content as long as our defense just improves!!!
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #17
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I just really want a crazy Samoan "hit-man" on the Broncos
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #18
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
There's no way Andra Davis is better than Larsen I think Larsen beats him out in Training Champ,The only thing i can recall on Davis was his Eye Gouge on Willis McGahee,Larsen hits hard and has the smarts.
The only way Andra Davis is not better than Spencer, is that he is injury prone now, so relax, we will more than likely get a healthy dose of Larsen all season.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

I don't get it. Why the Rey hate? So he isn't the brightest bulb. I couldn't care less. He is the scary SOB in the middle that wants nothing more than to rip your head off. Davis isn't the answer, neither is Larsen. I am more confident that Doom and Moss will take care of the Russ LB position than I am that Davis or Larsen will take care of the MLB.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #20
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I just think our defense last year reflected a lot of the teams internal problems as it pertains to intensity and willing your way to wins....a lot of teams get some bad breaks here and there during a game but have those players who keep everybody up....not just by yelling or chest bumping but just pure fire...

for example: QB throws a pick inside our 30....last year this was an automatic 7 points on the board for the other team....and it was like everyone on the defense knew it...

guys like B-Dawk and Rey don't take the field with that attitude......i
Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #21
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
The only way Andra Davis is not better than Spencer, is that he is injury prone now, so relax, we will more than likely get a healthy dose of Larsen all season.
Relax as i can be,I just don't have high hopes for Andra Davis I like the signing in all but as you said the guy gets hurt in misses tackles.Larsen is better trust me.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
I don't get it. Why the Rey hate? So he isn't the brightest bulb. I couldn't care less. He is the scary SOB in the middle that wants nothing more than to rip your head off. Davis isn't the answer, neither is Larsen. I am more confident that Doom and Moss will take care of the Russ LB position than I am that Davis or Larsen will take care of the MLB.
Playing Devils Advocate, i like Cushing the most cause he can play all over, but WHOEVER comes to DEN to play LB is gonna vastly improve!
Nolan is well known for taking LBs and making them pro bowl calibur players, so i am not concerned in the least if any one of the USC players comes to DEN, i know he will be good with Nolan helping him every step of the way.
I would love to get Larry English too cause i think he is a really good fit at JACK in a 3-4 Nolan system, but he can play in a 4-3 as a DE as well.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #23
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Larsen is ok, but give me Rey Rey.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #24
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

How about the official Don't draft Rey-Rey simply because we don't need LaVar Arrington on this team regardless of Larsen?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #25
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Playing Devils Advocate, i like Cushing the most cause he can play all over, but WHOEVER comes to DEN to play LB is gonna vastly improve!
Nolan is well known for taking LBs and making them pro bowl calibur players, so i am not concerned in the least if any one of the USC players comes to DEN, i know he will be good with Nolan helping him every step of the way.
I would love to get Larry English too cause i think he is a really good fit at JACK in a 3-4 Nolan system, but he can play in a 4-3 as a DE as well.
I am confident that Nolan knows what he wants, and will take the best guy. Also check out Sidbury. He is bigger and faster than English.