The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Default Mayock: Broncos need to select USC's Sanchez

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12152135

Mayock: Broncos need to select USC's Sanchez
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

"If they don't try to get Mark Sanchez, I think they're crazy," Mayock said Wednesday in a national conference call with reporters. "The bottom line to me is if their head coach goes 4-12 with Kyle Orton, he probably gets fired this year. If he goes 4-12 with Mark Sanchez, he's rebuilding."
Old 04-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Mayock was critical of the Broncos' decision to trade Cutler last month and says they should move up from their top draft position, No. 12 overall, to get Sanchez.

"The way I look at this is there's only six or seven franchise quarterbacks in this league," Mayock said. "Getting rid of one of them, I don't understand the whole thing. But now what you do is you go get another one. And the guy that fits them the best is Sanchez.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Mike Mayock is so right so often, more than any commentator, he's definitely right the Cutler trade was bad.

I guess I have to re-think the idea of drafting Mark Sanchez ... I have been 100% against it, but now with Mayock on board, I have to re-think this.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I was under the opinion that after the initial screwing around with the Cassell idea, the Broncos were committed to keeping Jay? At least, they gave every indication they were, with McD holding up his jersey and everything. So are we saying that this was a lie and the whole time, throughout the whole ordeal, the Broncos were always trying to get rid of Jay? It seemed to me that Jay and his agent used McD's original Cassell screw up to engineer a ride out of town. Like Bowlen said, Jay did not want to play in Denver. Period.

Anyway, as I've been saying all along, Sanchez is a great pick. I wouldn't trade up for him, but hey, whatever makes the team better. This would be the perfect situation to bring in a QB like Sanchez. Let him learn under Orton and Simms for a couple of years. No pressure. Then you end up with a highly talented, team-oriented QB who is a film room junkie (probably has a lot in common with McD), instead of some mopey drunk at your most important position.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:06 AM   #6
Paladin
Ring of Famer

One year wunderkind "franchise" QB.......

Tommy Maddox was a "franchise" QB-in-waiting......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #7
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The NFL is full of QB busts who did not play much in college, like Sanchez, and were thrown in to the QB starting spot in the NFL and were not ready and never got it together. No thanks.

This team will surely go 4-12 if they don't get players for the defense and draft QB's instead who aren't ready to play, if ever.

The Broncos need help on defense right now. If they need a QB, they have 2 #1 picks next year. I have a hard time believing they couldn't find a QB in next years draft who has at least as much potential as Sanchez.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The NFL is full of QB busts who did not play much in college, like Sanchez, and were thrown in to the QB starting spot in the NFL and were not ready and never got it together. No thanks.

This team will surely go 4-12 if they don't get players for the defense and draft QB's instead who aren't ready to play, if ever.

The Broncos need help on defense right now. If they need a QB, they have 2 #1 picks next year. I have a hard time believing they couldn't find a QB in next years draft who has at least as much potential as Sanchez.

I loathe the idea of drafting a junior QB who only played one season in college and played with tons of talent. There just aren't that many "franchise" QBs who came out as juniors and excelled even with 2-3 years of starting experience. I would much rather see what Orton/Simms can do this season and use our two 1sts next year to move up for one of the senior QBs (who were all better than Sanchez this year.)
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #9
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

you guys have any idea what the success rate of underclassmen QBs the last 10-15 yrs...

here's a hint...FAIL...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: