The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer
 
supermanhr9's Avatar
 
"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Back in DENVER BABY!!
Posts: 1,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default Brady Quinn to San Fran?

Does somebody have insider, I just saw this on ESPN rumor mill but can't access it... I didn't see this thread anywhere, so if this is a double go ahead and delete it and hook me up with the link..
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,807
Default

It's... it's... it's everything he's ever dreamed of...

__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

There's something fundamentally wrong with having Quinn and Garthia playing that close to each other.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

According to a report from the San Francisco Chronicle, former No. 1 overall pick Alex Smith looked pretty bad during the San Francisco 49ers' most recent minicamp. Smith's passes were loose, and it appeared that he was still suffering some aftereffects of his shoulder surgery. This lackluster output, combined with the fact that the team has hosted both Mark Sanchez and Matthew Stafford in recent weeks, has led to speculation that they aren't satisfied with either Smith or Shaun HillFrank Gore, as well as to take the ball out of the hands of whoever does win the starting QB battle. entering the 2009 season as the team's starting quarterback. It's expected that the team's offense this season will be run-heavy to make use of their best offensive player,
But the other option is to acquire another player to compete with Smith and Hill for the job, and with the free-agent market all but completely dried up after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' signing of Byron Leftwich, that would leave the draft and a trade. It's possible that Sanchez and Stafford will both be gone by the time the 49ers' first pick rolls around at No. 10, and Kansas State's Josh Freeman would be a big stretch with that pick. Furthermore, rookie quarterbacks are always a gamble, and none of the top triumvirate of gunslingers in this year's draft class are considered surefire superstars, either.
Therefore, the 49ers could very likely be the mystery team that has been linked to a trade with the Cleveland Browns for Brady Quinn. The National Football Post has been informed by multiple sources that there is a team who has put a first-round pick on the table in exchange for Quinn, and the Niners would make a world of sense in that role. The team has searched fruitlessly for a stud quarterback since the Jeff Garcia days earlier this decade, and by all indications Quinn is a superstar waiting for the right situation.
In spite of other needs perhaps outweighing signal-caller -- including safety, wide receiver and linebacker -- making a move for Quinn would give the offense a genuine facelift, and would also silence critics of general manager Scot McCloughan, who has been steadfast in defending his decision to draft Smith with the No. 1 pick in 2005. The NFL is still the "League of Quarterbacks", and this team would be in much better shape in 2009 with Quinn under center inste


Posted in white. Cause it is secretad of Smith or Hill.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,154
Default

Ouch if true another chance Sanchez drops to 12.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
meangene
Ring of Famer
 
meangene's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Ouch if true another chance Sanchez drops to 12.
That could be good if we are looking to trade back!
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer
 
atomicbloke's Avatar
 
La 12 Boca Juniors

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 2,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
According to a report from the San Francisco Chronicle, former No. 1 overall pick Alex Smith looked pretty bad during the San Francisco 49ers' most recent minicamp. Smith's passes were loose, and it appeared that he was still suffering some aftereffects of his shoulder surgery. This lackluster output, combined with the fact that the team has hosted both Mark Sanchez and Matthew Stafford in recent weeks, has led to speculation that they aren't satisfied with either Smith or Shaun HillFrank Gore, as well as to take the ball out of the hands of whoever does win the starting QB battle. entering the 2009 season as the team's starting quarterback. It's expected that the team's offense this season will be run-heavy to make use of their best offensive player,
But the other option is to acquire another player to compete with Smith and Hill for the job, and with the free-agent market all but completely dried up after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' signing of Byron Leftwich, that would leave the draft and a trade. It's possible that Sanchez and Stafford will both be gone by the time the 49ers' first pick rolls around at No. 10, and Kansas State's Josh Freeman would be a big stretch with that pick. Furthermore, rookie quarterbacks are always a gamble, and none of the top triumvirate of gunslingers in this year's draft class are considered surefire superstars, either.
Therefore, the 49ers could very likely be the mystery team that has been linked to a trade with the Cleveland Browns for Brady Quinn. The National Football Post has been informed by multiple sources that there is a team who has put a first-round pick on the table in exchange for Quinn, and the Niners would make a world of sense in that role. The team has searched fruitlessly for a stud quarterback since the Jeff Garcia days earlier this decade, and by all indications Quinn is a superstar waiting for the right situation.
In spite of other needs perhaps outweighing signal-caller -- including safety, wide receiver and linebacker -- making a move for Quinn would give the offense a genuine facelift, and would also silence critics of general manager Scot McCloughan, who has been steadfast in defending his decision to draft Smith with the No. 1 pick in 2005. The NFL is still the "League of Quarterbacks", and this team would be in much better shape in 2009 with Quinn under center inste


Posted in white. Cause it is secretad of Smith or Hill.
I must say.... that was rather unique!
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
broncofan2438
Faneco this...
 
broncofan2438's Avatar
 
LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 6,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER
Default

Thought he was supposed to be heading to Denver
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,807
Default

Where's Boob? Is the deal done?

I won't believe anything until WPI reports it. /rolleyes
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
DBBBSBS
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Team Broncos
Default

braddy quinn and sfo.. marraige made in heaven. And he lived as happy as he could... ever ever ever
DBBBSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #11
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Ouch if true another chance Sanchez drops to 12.
I would rather have Quinn.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #12
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Where's Boob? Is the deal done?

I won't believe anything until WPI reports it. /rolleyes
You'll have to wait until he finishes his D&D tournament.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Talk about a wasted Draft pick in Quinn. Why doesn't Cleveland want him? They don't have another QB.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,357
Default

There is no real substance to the Quinn to SF rumor on ESPN Insider....just speculation that it makes sense.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #15
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Talk about a wasted Draft pick in Quinn. Why doesn't Cleveland want him? They don't have another QB.
Total rebuild, that's why they're trying to trade Braylon too.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,816

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
According to a report from the San Francisco Chronicle, former No. 1 overall pick Alex Smith looked pretty bad during the San Francisco 49ers' most recent minicamp. Smith's passes were loose, and it appeared that he was still suffering some aftereffects of his shoulder surgery. This lackluster output, combined with the fact that the team has hosted both Mark Sanchez and Matthew Stafford in recent weeks, has led to speculation that they aren't satisfied with either Smith or Shaun HillFrank Gore, as well as to take the ball out of the hands of whoever does win the starting QB battle. entering the 2009 season as the team's starting quarterback. It's expected that the team's offense this season will be run-heavy to make use of their best offensive player,
But the other option is to acquire another player to compete with Smith and Hill for the job, and with the free-agent market all but completely dried up after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' signing of Byron Leftwich, that would leave the draft and a trade. It's possible that Sanchez and Stafford will both be gone by the time the 49ers' first pick rolls around at No. 10, and Kansas State's Josh Freeman would be a big stretch with that pick. Furthermore, rookie quarterbacks are always a gamble, and none of the top triumvirate of gunslingers in this year's draft class are considered surefire superstars, either.
Therefore, the 49ers could very likely be the mystery team that has been linked to a trade with the Cleveland Browns for Brady Quinn. The National Football Post has been informed by multiple sources that there is a team who has put a first-round pick on the table in exchange for Quinn, and the Niners would make a world of sense in that role. The team has searched fruitlessly for a stud quarterback since the Jeff Garcia days earlier this decade, and by all indications Quinn is a superstar waiting for the right situation.
In spite of other needs perhaps outweighing signal-caller -- including safety, wide receiver and linebacker -- making a move for Quinn would give the offense a genuine facelift, and would also silence critics of general manager Scot McCloughan, who has been steadfast in defending his decision to draft Smith with the No. 1 pick in 2005. The NFL is still the "League of Quarterbacks", and this team would be in much better shape in 2009 with Quinn under center inste


Posted in white. Cause it is secretad of Smith or Hill.
Wow. Seeing speculation like this makes me totally want to pony up for Insider.

Insider: The Broncos defense sucked to historic levels last season. It would not be surprising to see them draft defensive players in the upcoming draft.

Insider: Josh McDaniels is a Bill Belichick protege. Expect to see him wearing a hoodie on the sidelines at some point next year.

Insider: Denver traditionally gets snow in the late autumn and winter months. Expect new QB Kyle Orton to play in at least one snowy game in 2009.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Total rebuild, that's why they're trying to trade Braylon too.
They sound like us.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #18
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue
 
no-pseudo-fan's Avatar
 
Follow me...

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: EPT
Posts: 2,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
They sound like us.
We aren't trading B-Marsh, I don't think.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Denver Broncos