The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default round 1

Will anyone else loose it if we trade up for Dirty Sanchez? I have seen way to many mocks that are going this way. If we take a RB @18 I dont mind I would rather do it in the second but if we start moving pieces to get a guy who wouldnt be a second round pick in next years draft I will be furious.
nickademus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Yep, that is about the only thing we can do that will piss me off this year. I dont mind BPA at every pick if we have to, but selecting a QB this year is stupid.

(at least in the 1-3 rounds)
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Yep, that is about the only thing we can do that will piss me off this year. I dont mind BPA at every pick if we have to, but selecting a QB this year is stupid.

(at least in the 1-3 rounds)
i agree. i won't mind drafting a guy like Harrell, Bomar or whoever in later rounds though and letting Orton play out this season and if he is good re-sign him and if he sucks take Bradford next season
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 AM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I could care less what round the pick what position. I wait to see them play then decide. No one wanted Royal in the 2nd last yr but now if we didn't have him it would seem like we needed WR. He was a good a pick.

We may take a RB in first round and then cut some of the rbs we have, we may take no rbs. Who knows I just hope they find 3-4 starters that play well. Whatever position they play you add 2-4 starters each yr in draft that play well and in 3-4 yrs your team is full of talented starters.

Broncos have so many holes, and now with Cutler gone, really almost all positions are on the table. The only position that would really shock me in the first 2 rounds would be OT, WR or TE.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
UboBronco
Seasoned Veteran

If Sanchez is there at 12, I would have no problem with that pick, but I do not want to see us giving up picks to move up for a QB, or even Raji, or another defensive player. We need all of our picks, and if we could even trade 12 to Philly for xample, and get 21 and 28, I would, you could end up with a mix of T. Jackson, Ayers, Rey Rey, Laurinitus, Cushing or Matthews, Barwin (maybe early for him, but I feel he is going to be great,) But we could fill 3 spots with first round picks, the only problem with that could be the signing bonuses, not sure Bowlen could handle that this year.
UboBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:17 AM   #6
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I doubt the Broncos trade to get 3 1st rounders in this draft.

I don't see the Broncos looking at Sanchez that seriously, at least enough to try to trade up for him.

The Broncos need guys that can play NOW, especially on defense. Not projects types with their top picks. They did that too much with Shanahan and we saw where that got them.

DL and LB are key weaknesses that have to be addressed in this draft and done seriously. Sure, other areas need some help too, but these are the two main problems on this team.

They need bigger type DL and at least one other OLB that can rush the QB and that's assuming Dumervil can handle the other side. So might be better to get 2 in the draft for depth at least. Another ILB would be good too.

CB and safety? Sure, one of each would be nice.

As for offense, another RB would be good, especially one that could be an every down back and be a playmaker.

Another QB would be nice, but this draft is very weak, so hard to say if can really get anyone in the middle to late of this draft that would really amount to much.

Another TE will also be needed since even if Scheffler stays, chances are he goes down with an injury again.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

Sanchez is worth a 1st this year or next(if he came out then). I dont know why everyone is saying "next years" QBs are so much better. Teabow wont be a 1st day pick, Bradford comes for a QB system (Jason White anyone), and Chris Simms put up better numbers then Colt. Not to say that I dont like Bradford or Colt, I rather have either this year over them.
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bAbronco2 View Post
Sanchez is worth a 1st this year or next(if he came out then). I dont know why everyone is saying "next years" QBs are so much better. Teabow wont be a 1st day pick, Bradford comes for a QB system (Jason White anyone), and Chris Simms put up better numbers then Colt. Not to say that I dont like Bradford or Colt, I rather have either this year over them.
How the H did Simms put up better numbers than Colt?

Colt has better career stats and better single season stats in EVERY single category. TDs, completions, yards, rating, completion rate.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #9
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I could care less what round the pick what position. I wait to see them play then decide. No one wanted Royal in the 2nd last yr but now if we didn't have him it would seem like we needed WR. He was a good a pick.

We may take a RB in first round and then cut some of the rbs we have, we may take no rbs. Who knows I just hope they find 3-4 starters that play well. Whatever position they play you add 2-4 starters each yr in draft that play well and in 3-4 yrs your team is full of talented starters.

Broncos have so many holes, and now with Cutler gone, really almost all positions are on the table. The only position that would really shock me in the first 2 rounds would be OT, WR or TE.
If our D-linemen are gone (like Raji and Jackson), you would be against a falling Crabtree or Maclin at 12?

My point is that Orton will be successful like Warner is successful. If you surround him with top notch talent, he could do really well. If not, he looks "average."

A Crabtree or Maclin could give us one of the most dangerous receiving corps in football. Marshall and Maclin on the outside, with Royal in the slot? That's just ridiculously loaded. I'd do it if our defensive picks were off the board at 12.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #10
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

On another note, I will lose it completely if we draft a QB.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #11
Elway777
Ring of Famer

I would be O.k with Sanchez at 12 or use Sheffler to trade up to 8 spot to get Sanchez. The Broncos then go with Rey Rey or Jackson at 18. They could trade up again in second round to get Clay Mathews with one of their 3 rounders. Then draft Fila Moalo in the 3 round 1a Sanchez 1b Rey Rey 2. Clay Mathews 3. Fila Moala. The Broncos draft 4 Tojans. USC had the # 1 rated defence in college last year. Sanchez the prefect Qb for McDaniels System plus the Broncos could use both first round picks on defence next year . I would also be O.K with going with 2 top defensive players or One good defensive player then draft Wells or Maclin at 18. The Broncos are in rebuilding mold but our next 2 draft could build up the frame work for a team that could challege for Super Bowl.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
How the H did Simms put up better numbers than Colt?

Colt has better career stats and better single season stats in EVERY single category. TDs, completions, yards, rating, completion rate.
U are right, stats I was looking at didnt have last years #...... with that I do like Colt best out of next years class, but rather have either this year.
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

The roumer that got me all fired up was us packaging both our first round picks for sanchez. if that happens I will loose it.
nickademus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #14
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Probably lose it, too.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:27 AM   #15
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by UboBronco View Post
If Sanchez is there at 12, I would have no problem with that pick, but I do not want to see us giving up picks to move up for a QB, or even Raji, or another defensive player. We need all of our picks, and if we could even trade 12 to Philly for xample, and get 21 and 28, I would, you could end up with a mix of T. Jackson, Ayers, Rey Rey, Laurinitus, Cushing or Matthews, Barwin (maybe early for him, but I feel he is going to be great,) But we could fill 3 spots with first round picks, the only problem with that could be the signing bonuses, not sure Bowlen could handle that this year.
This is exactly how I feel about it too. I want to use all the picks that we have to get players. I don't want to turn 2 picks into one player. picking at 12 is the perfect spot to get the top talent that slips and not have to pay out a top 10 contract.

If McDaniels thinks Sanchez can be his franchise guy, I wouldn't have a problem if they took him at #12. That said, I firmly think that McDaniels thinks that Orton can be the guy in Denver and that the draft will be about adding pieces elsewhere. Particularly 3-4 defensive pieces like Rey Maualuga.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:01 AM   #16
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Unfortunatly, if Sanchez is there at 12, I think he'f be the choice, or the pick would be traded. That's why I hope the Seahawks take him early. Also, if the Rams take Curry, the whole draft would be shaken up. There are a lot pf pundits who were wrong in the past and will be wrong next Saturday. Funny how that works.......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: