The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,800
Default OT: MSNBC, better than Comedy Central

Probably not safe for work.



Last edited by snowspot66; 04-14-2009 at 06:58 PM..
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,441

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
misturanderson
Ring of Famer
 
Why not?

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diago
Posts: 1,786

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas
Default

That's awesome. On the same level as the "I'd hit it" campaign from McDonald's a couple years ago.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
521 1N5
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 968
Default

Lol!!!
521 1N5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,260
Default

Nice to see MSNBC still clueless as ever.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
halfcreek
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Nice to see MSNBC still clueless as ever.
You just can't make up stuff like "a Dick Army" to lead the teabaggers.
halfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
DBruleU
Ring of Famer
 
DBruleU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boulder
Posts: 3,704
Default

There's a reason MSNBC's ratings are the worst night in and night out.
DBruleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,260
Default

Just like The Rocky Mountain News, spinning BS slanted stories and then wondering why no one would buy their paper. Boy I sure cried alot when they went outta business.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Nice to see MSNBC still clueless as ever.
How is MSNBC clueless? The people throwing the "tea parties" are calling it teabagging. On Rachel's show yesterday, she could barely keep a straight face.

By the way, these tea parties are about the dumbest things ive ever heard of. If you go, you deserve to be mocked
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #11
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,483

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcreek View Post
You just can't make up stuff like "a Dick Army" to lead the teabaggers.
Or an "Army of Dick$."




Edit: Wow, Dick(s) is censored?? Worse than the pathetic networks.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,483

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
How is MSNBC clueless? The people throwing the "tea parties" are calling it teabagging. On Rachel's show yesterday, she could barely keep a straight face.

By the way, these tea parties are about the dumbest things ive ever heard of. If you go, you deserve to be mocked
No kidding. They are clueless about the issues they're protesting.

Tax increases for the rich and tax cuts for the 'teabaggers.'
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
How is MSNBC clueless? The people throwing the "tea parties" are calling it teabagging. On Rachel's show yesterday, she could barely keep a straight face.

By the way, these tea parties are about the dumbest things ive ever heard of. If you go, you deserve to be mocked

Oh yeah...opposing tax hikes on everyone, not just the rich is being clueless. Or maybe you are ok with "stimulus" packages that cost 3.7 tril a pop.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

MSNBC's ratings are up and up and up .... and Fox's ratings are down and down and down.

You know, like how the Republicans all got kicked out on their asses?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #15
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Probably not safe for work.
The REALLY funny part in all this is how Fox's Neil Cavuto said, "FoxNews is not promoting tea-bag day, we are merely covering the story ... the same way we covered the million man march."

The punchline: FoxNews didn't startup until a year AFTER the million man march!
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,483

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
MSNBC's ratings are up and up and up .... and Fox's ratings are down and down and down.

You know, like how the Republicans all got kicked out on their asses?
Fox hasn't figured out yet how to attack Obama without losing market share.

They're lying in wait in the tall grass.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
MSNBC's ratings are up and up and up .... and Fox's ratings are down and down and down.

You know, like how the Republicans all got kicked out on their asses?

http://www.mediapost.com/publication...art_aid=103890


This is one of several reports that shows Fox is still crushing CNN and MSNBC.

*Edit* And another...

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...Still_Tops.php


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
http://www.mediapost.com/publication...art_aid=103890

This is one of several reports that shows Fox is still crushing CNN and MSNBC.

*Edit* And another...

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...Still_Tops.php

Overall yes, FoxNews ratings still lead by a wide (though shrinking) margin.

But when you break down the viewer demographics, you'll find that the 55 and over age demo is the bulk of their overall lead. Here's and inside-baseball tip how to tell: watch O'Reilly Factor for example ... pretty frequently his breaks include full 60-second co-op commercials for hearing-aid devices. THAT is reflective of who's watching. Sixty second ads of any kind are kinda rare, but co-op 60 second spots mean only one thing: the advertiser can target their demographic with razor precision. ("Co-op" ads means the network is paid based on how many phone calls and/or purchases the sponsor receives on the # during that show ... Sham-Wow and Snuggie are other examples, co-op advertisers use different 800-phone numbers for each network or show they co-op with). Further along these lines, Fox day-parts are loaded with Social Security disability ads, scooter ads for the diabled, and elderly-targeted ads in general. Nothing wrong with that, but make no mistake, FoxNews is receding based on these factors, and of course based upon Republican losses and discredited policies.

Even more inside these numbers ... the most important and most valuable demographic to most advertisers - the "advertising demo" - is ages 25-49. And in that demo, Olbermann has actually beaten O'Reilly on a handful of nights in '07 and '08 ... a feat considered unthinkable just a year or two earlier ... and Rachel Maddow so detroyed Greta Van Susteren, that she was moved up outta that slot, the repeat of her show late night was pulled, FoxNews abandoned all pretense at objectivity by canning Allan Colmes, and Hannity has that old slot now.


All that said, FoxNews has come into a huge bonanza in just the last six weeks: Glen Beck's ratings are through the roof. I've read more than one Newser blog that says O'Reilly is becoming insecure (isn't that his natural mindset) about his time slot because Beck is such a shoorting star.

I think Beck is a mental patient, but hey, I'm obviously in the minority.

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 04-14-2009 at 08:56 PM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #19
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default

According to both articles, and several others, the bulk of fox' viewers are between the ages of 24-55, and growing % wise. This is opposite of shrinking. I understand your inordinate fear of conservatism, because hell, logical thinking scares most insane people, but trust me lil buddy, it will be fine. Fox also has an 86 month streak of leading in the ratings. I know you probably dont think so, but this is a center-right leaning country. One fluke election of a tin man using a 20 year old socialist playbook doesnt change that.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #20
Shoemaker
A Lurker No More
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I think Beck is a mental patient, but hey, I'm obviously in the minority.
Oh jeez, I've been in that same "minority" for a long time. I watched his "You Are Not Alone" special out of morbid curiosity, and I about died laughing. One of the most hilarious hours of TV I've ever seen, especially considering that he was serious about the paranoid mumbo-jumbo he was babbling.

And I agree that MSNBC has really been on with their mockery of these "Tea Parties" lately. Rachel Maddow in particular was hilarious about it.

What an absolutely ridiculous concept for a protest.
Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #21
ton80
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
http://www.mediapost.com/publication...art_aid=103890


This is one of several reports that shows Fox is still crushing CNN and MSNBC.

*Edit* And another...

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...Still_Tops.php


Never bother using facts, logic, reason when dealing with leftist ideologues. You're simply wasting your time. It is not an effective technique for winning an argument.
ton80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #22
halfcreek
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Oh yeah...opposing tax hikes on everyone, not just the rich is being clueless. Or maybe you are ok with "stimulus" packages that cost 3.7 tril a pop.


Where are the tax hikes for anyone making less than $250,000 a year and the tax on those people will be 10% less than they were under Raygun.
halfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #23
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
According to both articles, and several others, the bulk of fox' viewers are between the ages of 24-55.
Of course the bulk of ALL viewers are in the advertising demographic ... that's true for all cable news netowrks. Focus more closely on the details: the majority of Fox's overall LEAD is found in the 55+ age demographic. FoxNews rules that demo. Just watch their sponsors. I've worked in media most of my life and am currently a programming and Internet consultant for two radio groups. But you don't have to be a consultant to know that MSNBC has been a supernova the last 30 months ... a genuine supernova.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #24
halfcreek
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Overall yes, FoxNews ratings still lead by a wide (though shrinking) margin.

But when you break down the viewer demographics, you'll find that the 55 and over age demo is the bulk of their overall lead. Here's and inside-baseball tip how to tell: watch O'Reilly Factor for example ... pretty frequently his breaks include full 60-second co-op commercials for hearing-aid devices. THAT is reflective of who's watching. Sixty second ads of any kind are kinda rare, but co-op 60 second spots mean only one thing: the advertiser can target their demographic with razor precision. ("Co-op" ads means the network is paid based on how many phone calls and/or purchases the sponsor receives on the # during that show ... Sham-Wow and Snuggie are other examples, co-op advertisers use different 800-phone numbers for each network or show they co-op with). Further along these lines, Fox day-parts are loaded with Social Security disability ads, scooter ads for the diabled, and elderly-targeted ads in general. Nothing wrong with that, but make no mistake, FoxNews is receding based on these factors, and of course based upon Republican losses and discredited policies.

Even more inside these numbers ... the most important and most valuable demographic to most advertisers - the "advertising demo" - is ages 25-49. And in that demo, Olbermann has actually beaten O'Reilly on a handful of nights in '07 and '08 ... a feat considered unthinkable just a year or two earlier ... and Rachel Maddow so detroyed Greta Van Susteren, that she was moved up outta that slot, the repeat of her show late night was pulled, FoxNews abandoned all pretense at objectivity by canning Allan Colmes, and Hannity has that old slot now.


All that said, FoxNews has come into a huge bonanza in just the last six weeks: Glen Beck's ratings are through the roof. I've read more than one Newser blog that says O'Reilly is becoming insecure (isn't that his natural mindset) about his time slot because Beck is such a shoorting star.

I think Beck is a mental patient, but hey, I'm obviously in the minority.
O'Reilly attacked Beck's position on the handling of the piracy issue. So I think that you are right.
halfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #25
Shoemaker
A Lurker No More
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I understand your inordinate fear of conservatism, because hell, logical thinking scares most insane people...

One fluke election of a tin man using a 20 year old socialist playbook doesnt change that.
I was about to point out the hilarity of your first statement (conservatism and logic are far closer to opposites than they are to synonyms), but I appreciate you saving me the trouble with that second one.

If Obama's victory by 192 electoral votes was a "fluke," then what in the hell do you call Bush's court appointed victory in 2000 and slim 35-EV win in 2004? That old "center-right nation" notion is hogwash; our country has been moving left for years, and two straight crushing electoral victories for the left is hardly a "fluke."
Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Denver Broncos