The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default My Ideal Broncos Mock Draft

12. Traded to Philadelphia along with the #84 Pick and Tony Sheffler for picks #21 and #28. Philadelphia uses their two first round picks to move ahead of New Orleans and get their guy Chris “Beanie” Wells. Pair him with Brian Westbrook and they have the best Thunder/Lightning combo in the league. They also get a receiving threat at tight end and an extra 3rd round pick. This gives Sheffler the value of an early 4th round pick. Sheffler will be under utilized in this offense and doesn’t seem to want to be a Bronco anymore. McDaniels would be smart to get as much value for him as he can on draft day. The Broncos know the meat of this draft is between picks 18-35 and they now have 3 selections in that range.

18. Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU. Tyson Jackson is a tough player that can come in and start right away. He is the best 3-4 end in this draft. This is not a glamorous position so he won’t be rolling in sacks. What he will do is shore up our run defense and give our OLB’s chances to make some plays. If he is gone Malcolm Jenkins or Rey Maulauga could go here.

21. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia. The Broncos think long and hard about selecting Moreno at 18 so they jump at the chance to get him here. He was the #1 RB on their board and is perfect for a zone-blocking scheme. McDaniels also loves his versatility catching passes out of the backfield. If he is gone I like Larry English or Malcolm Jenkins here.

28. Larry English, OLB, Northern Illinois. I love this selection. In my opinion Larry English will end up being the 3-4 backer of this draft class. He can get to the QB off the edge better than anyone and also has the athletic ability and hips to hang with TE’s and RB’s in coverage. Mike Mayock compares him favorably to Lamar Woodley. Him and Elvis off the edge are a nasty combination that should really improve our pass rush.

48. Rashad Johnson, S, Alabama
. Johnson is a straight up ball-hawking safety in the Ed Reed mold. Was a walk-on at Alabama and became a starter and leader of the defense for an elite SEC team. Nick Saban called him one of the smartest players he’s ever coached. He was never the biggest, strongest or fastest guy. He is just a smart football player and the fact he came in as a walk-on speaks volumes to his work ethic. I would not be surprised at all if he earns a starting spot early. The perfect FS compliment to Brian Dawkins. He can also help out in the return game.

79. Victor “Macho” Harris, CB, Virgina Tech. Macho is the type of physical corner that Mike Nolan loves. He drops because of is 40 time but I truly believe he is one of the most underrated players in this draft. When you watch him play it is hard to figure out why he is not a 1st round prospect. He will come in and succeed as our nickel corner immediately. I believe he will replace Andre Goodman as a starter by seasons end. This dude is a stud.

114. Terrence Taylor, NT, Michigan
. Is good at holding is ground and can take on double teams. He seems to have the mentality to be a nose tackle. Also has a knack for recovering loose balls.

149. Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina. A big strong tight end who excels at blocking. He also has underrated receiving ability. He isn’t a deep threat like Sheffler but can make plays over the middle. Is actually a very similar player to Daniel Graham. He is a very nice value pick for a 5th round prospect who can contribute in two tight end sets and special teams immediately.

185. Worrell Williams, ILB, California. Played 3-4 ILB in college. I like him but he will drop due to several weaknesses in his game. His lack of height and speed will cause him to slide as well. He is a two-down backer, a thumper who struggles in coverage. Seems like he could be an excellent special teams player and playing to play with his older brother could actually help him make the transition to the NFL.

225. Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech. A underrated QB prospect that McDaniels would find ideal as his next project. Had a 71.5 completion percentage and has the lowest interception rate among all QB prospects in this years draft. An efficient smart QB whose weaknesses would be hidden in McDaniels offense.

235. Ryan Walters, S, Colorado. A smart football player who loves to lay woo-licks. A former QB that uses that experience to his advantage in reading plays. His injury history will really scare teams. A natural leader, a great teammate and a great person. My high school teammate and a guy I will really be rooting for to make it in the league.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I like it.

But Sheffler is wayyyy overrated here. He wont garner that return, be realistic.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I agree. I love the draft, but doubt the realism. Philly is in a good place this draft.

However......

If Maclin or Crabtree falls to our spot, Philly might just pick up the phone and start dealing...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
I like it.

But Sheffler is wayyyy overrated here. He wont garner that return, be realistic.
If you change the deal to include 79 instead of 84 that would give Sheffler the value of the 114th pick in the draft in this trade. If you honestly think that'd be too much for him we can simply deal 12, 79, and 114 for 21 and 28. Then deal Sheffler to another team or simply keep him. Maybe a 5th from Detroit.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I agree. I love the draft, but doubt the realism. Philly is in a good place this draft.

However......

If Maclin or Crabtree falls to our spot, Philly might just pick up the phone and start dealing...
I could see Philly doing this deal realistically. For one I think Beanie Wells going to them is a match made in draft heaven. Regardless of where some mocks have him I dont see Beanie falling to #21. Also Philly has 12 picks so I think they are gonna target guys they want and make moves to get them. For example pairing that third they would receive from us with their late 2nd rounder to get a guy WR they like at the top of the 2nd round. A guy I really like is Brian Robiskie. Unlike Detroit they have more picks than they do needs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: