The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default I Propose A Self-Imposed Board Deadline

I PROPOSE A SELF-IMPOSED BOARD DEADLINE TO CEASE ALL:

Josh vs. Jay theads, p!ssy avatars (like the one on the left), flame-throwing anti-Josh posts AND rose-colored pro-Josh posts, and all intentionally provocative, angry posts ... we gotta come together somewhat.

I propose a dealine of FRIDAY NIGHT, APRIL 17 at MIDNIGHT - ONE WEEK BEFORE THE DRAFT. ... six days fron now

Who's with me?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Sign me up.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

BEST. IDEA. EVER.

I am with you!
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Why?

People have opinions and feelings...strong ones, thats what makes the board good.

Nothing wrong with rose-colored pro-Josh posts or flame throwing anti-Josh posts. The fan base is divided. That's just the fact. I'm not sure why people are striving to "get everyone on the same page". We're not. That doesn't reflect reality. Why would we want to do something that doesn't reflect reality. We have divergent views and we get different inferences from many of the same facts. That's just life. That's where the team is right now and where the fanbase is right now. It is in a state of turmoil.

There are folks who are very optimistic and feel there are many legitimate reasons to be so. Why would we silence them just because their posts are rose colored pro-Josh posts? There are folks who are very pessimistic and feel there are many legitimate reasons to believe Josh and Co. have been and will continue to be a destructive influence. Why would we silence them?

I'm not sure what the benefit would be. It would result in there being virtually no posts at all, because almost all posts are either going to be generally in one way or another on this topic. You'll force people to just throw in a qualifying line or two at the end of their posts so they can say "see, look, it wasnt a flame throwing post, I threw that in there at the end...or it wasnt a koolaid post, I threw that in there at the end".

I don't see what you are trying to accomplish, Senator.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

suck it. i will support mcdaniels til he gives me a total reason not to, and based on every players reaction to him, we could have a very good year on our hands.

now, all the hate-fest posts need to go, those are stupid.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Why?

People have opinions and feelings...strong ones, thats what makes the board good.

Nothing wrong with rose-colored pro-Josh posts or flame throwing anti-Josh posts. The fan base is divided. That's just the fact. I'm not sure why people are striving to "get everyone on the same page". We're not. That doesn't reflect reality. Why would we want to do something that doesn't reflect reality. We have divergent views and we get different inferences from many of the same facts. That's just life. That's where the team is right now and where the fanbase is right now. It is in a state of turmoil.

There are folks who are very optimistic and feel there are many legitimate reasons to be so. Why would we silence them just because their posts are rose colored pro-Josh posts? There are folks who are very pessimistic and feel there are many legitimate reasons to believe Josh and Co. have been and will continue to be a destructive influence. Why would we silence them?

I'm not sure what the benefit would be. It would result in there being virtually no posts at all, because almost all posts are either going to be generally in one way or another on this topic. You'll force people to just throw in a qualifying line or two at the end of their posts so they can say "see, look, it wasnt a flame throwing post, I threw that in there at the end...or it wasnt a koolaid post, I threw that in there at the end".

I don't see what you are trying to accomplish, Senator.

o.k. how about a ban on just ceaseless, irrational, long winded, circuitous, whiney, b****y
posts?
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
suck it. i will support mcdaniels til he gives me a total reason not to,

now, all the hate-fest posts need to go, those are stupid.
What a very principled and even handed approach you have.

tsiguy96: "My posts are awesome, I'm not going to do anything but everyone else who disagrees should change their posts, they are stupid".

Old 04-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

SoCal, we'll all still disagree ... I'm just hoping we can keep the angry clutter (I'm guilty) out of the draft and mini-camp threads.

What would you say to ONE Jay vs. Josh thread ... and maybe even a sticky thread during the season about Jay? The way we're going, every thread about Orton during camp/pre-season is gonna get angry Jay-comparison flaming retorts.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What a very principled and even handed approach you have.

tsiguy96: "My posts are awesome, I'm not going to do anything but everyone else who disagrees should change their posts, they are stupid".
no, more like: haters need to go, everyone who is off the "mcdouche" bandwagon and can handle a real discussion should stay.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
Popps
It's so easy

I'm just flat-out excited about this upcoming season. Maybe more so than in a long time. Some of it is definitely honeymoon period stuff, I'm sure. But, I'm just damned stoked that a new philosophy seems to be taking shape, one of a team-concept, and one that's likely going to place a true priority on the defensive side of the ball.

So, I'll probably keep firing shots back if people want to drag this team through the ****.

I loved this team with Mike and Jay, and I love this team without them... right now, maybe more so.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
The way we're going, every thread about Orton during camp/pre-season is gonna get angry Jay-comparison flaming retorts.
So?

It will always be a basis for comparison. That's the bed that was made. There's alot of anger out there. There's alot of people who are happy out there as well. This is just reality. It's not all nice and fit. There is alot of emotion in both directions in the fanbase right now.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I PROPOSE A SELF-IMPOSED BOARD DEADLINE TO CEASE ALL:

Josh vs. Jay theads, p!ssy avatars (like the one on the left), flame-throwing anti-Josh posts AND rose-colored pro-Josh posts, and all intentionally provocative, angry posts ... we gotta come together somewhat.

I propose a dealine of FRIDAY NIGHT, APRIL 17 at MIDNIGHT - ONE WEEK BEFORE THE DRAFT. ... six days fron now

Who's with me?
Not me.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So?

It will always be a basis for comparison. That's the bed that was made. There's alot of anger out there. There's alot of people who are happy out there as well. This is just reality. It's not all nice and fit. There is alot of emotion in both directions in the fanbase right now.
which is why some people are saying everyone needs to stop the sky is falling **** and wait to see if the team actually produces, which i have a good feeling they will.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

As long as you agree with me we'll be fine
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
scttgrd
Just treading water

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall

So I guess those who think it was a big mistake to give the new coach Shanny type power before he even coached a game should just be quiet? I don't think everone was sold on the fact we got the right guy, then the Cutler mess just gave more credance to it. I for one will question everything till the guy does something worth lauding. Till then he looks in over his head on at least half of his job.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #17
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
I'm not sure why people are striving to "get everyone on the same page".
Haven't you heard? Fan loyalty is measured by the willingness to suck up to whatever hair brained idea the new junta comes up with wtih no matter how stupid. Those who don't have emotional problems.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by scttgrd View Post
So I guess those who think it was a big mistake to give the new coach Shanny type power before he even coached a game should just be quiet? I don't think everone was sold on the fact we got the right guy, then the Cutler mess just gave more credance to it. I for one will question everything till the guy does something worth lauding. Till then he looks in over his head on at least half of his job.
so you questioning everything and us wanting or not wanting mcdaniels to get power will change anything? what about me, im in "wait and see" mode and am pretty supportive of everything they are doing, will that change anything either? or will i just go about my day better and having more enjoyment out of football then you do, but the bottom line will still be the same?

that is unless you enjoy being anti-everything broncos.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #19
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Haven't you heard? Fan loyalty is measured by the willingness to suck up to whatever hair brained idea the new junta comes up with wtih no matter how stupid. Those who don't have emotional problems.
That's right. The true fan card is still alive and well here at the Mane, unfortunately.

But it is what it is. Not much we can do about it, footsteps.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
That's right. The true fan card is still alive and well here at the Mane, unfortunately.

But it is what it is. Not much we can do about it, footsteps.

here's where they hug....
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #21
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
what about me, im in "wait and see" mode and am pretty supportive of everything they are doing, will that change anything either?

So which one is it? Are you pretty supportive of everything they are doing or are you in "wait in see" mode?

or will i just go about my day better and having more enjoyment out of football then you do, but the bottom line will still be the same?

that is unless you enjoy being anti-everything broncos.
If its all still the same, why would it bother you if someone feels differently? And why do you care how others go about their day or whether they allegedly have as much "enjoyment" out of it than you do?

Old 04-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #22
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

funny, no one responds to the approach of "wait and see, stop the doom and gloom til you find out if it has any merit"

are you incapable of doing that? or are you SO convinced that this team is dead now that you will just call this season a failure anyway, without even having seen the draft, minicamps, preseason or even a single game?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If its all still the same, why would it bother you if someone feels differently? And why do you care how others go about their day or whether they allegedly have as much "enjoyment" out of it than you do?
i will be supportive of what they do until i see the on field product is not any good. much like shanahans last few years.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I refuse to abandon my avatar.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #25
SoCalBronco
Nixonite