The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
SpiritGuy
Rookie

Default Doom is back to work and blogin

Whats going on, everybody?

Its been a while since Ive last updated, and plenty has happened since then. Most importantly, were back in the locker room for offseason conditioning and I couldnt be happier.

Coach Tuten has got us going, working hard, but as far as Im concerned its fun. He has taken a little different approach this offseason it seems like a lot of the stuff is a little more football oriented. Hes got us doing just enough to get guys pumped, but not enough to kill you.

Right now I can tell you the attitude in the locker room is definitely excited. Weve got some changing faces and changing packages, and weve got some new coaches we can really get behind. The direction theyre taking us is a direction that I feel will be very successful. We have the pieces, now were ready to put the puzzle together and make things happen this season.

One of those pieces is Andra Davis hes a natural leader. Hes ready to motivate guys and hes right there working as hard as anybody. Hes a vocal linebacker and a vocal leader traits that we can definitely use in the locker room and on the field. The same can be said about Brian Dawkins at the safety position. It seems like that secondary will be pretty tough this season.

Now I know plenty of you want me to address the recent trade. First of all there were a lot of new changes anyway over 50 percent of the locker room is made up of new guys. Its kind of a weird feeling, because guys knew what was going on but at the same time were just trying to get better and focus on offseason training. It really wasnt as much of a distraction in the locker room as it was maybe in the media and on TV. That just kind of shows the maturity that guys have in there people werent talking about it much, we were just getting to work.

Ive met Kyle Orton, and hes a cool guy. Theres a lot of changes in the locker room and hes a part of that. He has come on board and is already working hard, so were happy to have him.

But the good thing is when it comes down to it, its all about playing football, and were getting closer to doing that. Weve got mini camps coming up next weekend, so Im ready to get things rolling. Just being around the guys in the locker room has me excited for the season. Weve got a lot of talent right now, and weve got some coaches that I know will put us in the right places and right situations to play our best football.

Weve just got to take it one step at a time, and next weekend is the first step.

found here
SpiritGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
MrPeepers
Ring of Famer

Remember Darrent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TBD

cool thanks for the post.
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Tuten is doing football related drills?!?!
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

The Broncos site and player blogs might not be subject to the new content rules ... but remember it's basically just three paragraphs and a link I think.

From the day Josh and Nolan had their first meeting with Dumervil, I've been feeling pretty certain they've got him pencilled in at one of the OLB spots ... I wonder which.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

look for Doom to have a big 2009...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #6
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Awesome to hear his thoughts on the leadership of Davis.

Him and Dawkins might not be the answer...but they can be nice bridge players.

So much rests on the draft this year. They need to find a player that can become the player DJ should have been. The face of the D. A vocal enforcer that will eventually lead by example from the DL or LB position.

Who in this draft can be that...because that player is not currently on this roster.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
Tuten is doing football related drills?!?!
sounds like his drills are designed to be more football related. i like this.
i also like that it sounds like he is doing enough but not too much.

i often felt that the strength and conditioning may have needed to be retooled here in denver. hope this works out!
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Awesome to hear his thoughts on the leadership of Davis.

Him and Dawkins might not be the answer...but they can be nice bridge players.

So much rests on the draft this year. They need to find a player that can become the player DJ should have been. The face of the D. A vocal enforcer that will eventually lead by example from the DL or LB position.

Who in this draft can be that...because that player is not currently on this roster.
This notion here doesn't work.

We can't go back to the days of Al Wilson carrying the defense, telling the entire front seven how to basically do their jobs and being the guy who holds everyone accountable.

That only ends in the disastrous results we've seen when said team leader has to move on.

This team needs to build a culture of accountability and tough play, from every player.

That is where Dawkins, Davis, and the like are most important. They can come in and not only provide a bridge in the starting lineup on the field, but also immediately give a veteran presence that younger players can learn from and be held accountable to. Given a few years of that and the entire culture of the locker room will be not unlike the Pats, Ravens, and Steelers, where every guy who is on the roster is expected to put the team first and foremost. Not just one guy trying to police a whole squad.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

It really wasn’t as much of a distraction in the locker room as it was maybe in the media and on TV.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

You're right, Drek ... but this year don't be surprised if the 3-4 vet and leader Davis isn't pointing everyone and their brother to the right spot.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Right now I can tell you the attitude in the locker room is definitely excited. We’ve got some changing faces and changing packages, and we’ve got some new coaches we can really get behind. The direction they’re taking us is a direction that I feel will be very successful. We have the pieces, now we’re ready to put the puzzle together and make things happen this season.

Doesn't this idiot know they're going to be total failures for the rest of their careers?

Must not be reading this board, I guess.

Weird. I was sure this was going to "tear the locker room apart."
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Right now I can tell you the attitude in the locker room is definitely excited. Weve got some changing faces and changing packages, and weve got some new coaches we can really get behind. The direction theyre taking us is a direction that I feel will be very successful. We have the pieces, now were ready to put the puzzle together and make things happen this season.

Doesn't this idiot know they're going to be total failures for the rest of their careers?

Must not be reading this board, I guess.

Weird. I was sure this was going to "tear the locker room apart."
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

No matter what anyone thinks about McDaniels, everything I've read and everyone I've talked to that's met him really buys into what he's doing from a coaching stand point.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
No matter what anyone thinks about McDaniels, everything I've read and everyone I've talked to that's met him really buys into what he's doing from a coaching stand point.
And what do you expect them to say? Nobody ever says otherwise in these situartions, Khan ...

Every statistic and all the history says Josh will be gone by 2012. That's just realistic. All the pro-Josh guys on this board are quite short-sighted. Shanahan's amazing longevity has lulled guys to sleep about the realities of NFL coaching tenures ....

Remember, Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel were trumpeted as saviors when they left Belichick. And unlike Josh, those guys had lots of experience ... they experienced losing seasons, and they BUILT that Patriots dynasty. Josh was dropped into the dynasty and has never experienced losing. That, and the Goodman/Cutler problems mean there is every reason to expect he'll fail, and be gone by 2012.

Don't be surprised by 4-6 win seasons, guys. It's a tough league out there.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
The Broncos site and player blogs might not be subject to the new content rules ... but remember it's basically just three paragraphs and a link I think.

From the day Josh and Nolan had their first meeting with Dumervil, I've been feeling pretty certain they've got him pencilled in at one of the OLB spots ... I wonder which.
in Nolan's scheme he has one of the OLBs be simply a rush LB. he won't drop much into coverage, his main duty is just to rush the passer. that is the spot Doom will be in, and Moss will spell him at
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
And what do you expect them to say? Nobody ever says otherwise in these situartions, Khan ...

Exactly right. They know where their bread is buttered. They know who signs the checks. I wouldn't want an all poweful little Caligula or Bowlen breathing down my neck if I played for the team, that's for sure.

No one is going to depart from the party line, now. No one.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:

Every statistic and all the history says Josh will be gone by 2012. That's just realistic. All the pro-Josh guys on this board are quite short-sighted. Shanahan's amazing longevity has lulled guys to sleep about the realities of NFL coaching tenures ....

Remember, Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel were trumpeted as saviors when they left Belichick. And unlike Josh, those guys had lots of experience ... they experienced losing seasons, and they BUILT that Patriots dynasty. Josh was dropped into the dynasty and has never experienced losing. That, and the Goodman/Cutler problems mean there is every reason to expect he'll fail, and be gone by 2012.

Man, that's the worst argument ever.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #18
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:

Taco jock sniffers unit...again...

I swear you people want the team to fail just for the reason that you will be able to sit on a soap box (The Homer Lame) and type "I was right, I was right..."

So not one player will be on McDaniels side or buy into the concept. Ya right...

Also your comment about Josh not having experienced losing is just dumb. Or have the Patriots won the four (4) supers bowls? Oh ya they haven't, hell they lost a damn Super Bowl! Oh ya that's true McDaniels never had his franchise quarterback injured for the entire year...

For ****ing christ sakes. I really wish you sad Shanny people would let it go and support the team and a whole. Not just sit back and lurk waiting for you hero Taco to tell you when it's time to trash the current coach or quarterback.

Jay's gone, Shanny's gone, but the team remains. Let's all just sit back and watch what happens.

Stop your bull**** of laying seeds of doubt and discontent and just be a fan of the team.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Exactly right. They know where their bread is buttered. They know who signs the checks. I wouldn't want an all poweful little Caligula or Bowlen breathing down my neck if I played for the team, that's for sure.

Spealing of Taco Jock sniffers...
Is it me or are Mods the only people allowed to have sigs?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #20
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
No that's not true at all. You don't often here players say they're excited about a new scheme unless it's genuinely the case. That doesn't mean it will produce results, and some good schemes are not fun for every player, but it does say they're buying in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco

They were saying these comments before the Cutler trade, but if you think no one is genuinely excited about the scheme and they're all doing it out fear, you're wrong. I know that for a fact.

One thing I do agree with you on is there are no sacred cows on the team anymore. Everyone plays and everyone better produce or they're all gone. I like it that way. It's how it should be on a football team.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #21
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Stop your bull**** of laying seeds of doubt and discontent and just be a fan of the team.
"You're either with us or against us".

Old 04-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #22
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

One thing I do agree with you on is there are no sacred cows on the team anymore. Everyone plays and everyone better produce or they're all gone. .
That's right. Including the coach. He better produce. And produce IMMEDIATELY. No excuses and no grace period.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #23
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
"You're either with us or against us".
I think in football you can afford to take that stance. What else could you be for? You're personally upset at McDaniels and want the Broncos to fail so McDaniels will get fired. Your position is completely emotional. Some of you on here are so far off the deep end you'll be pissed if we start winning games because it will reduce the chance McDaniels get fired. I bet there's even a few fans in Broncos country who are hoping we don't win a Championship with McDaniels. They are mad and want revenge at the expense of success for their favorite team.

That's not a fan to me. That's someone who's got emotional problems.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #24
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I think in football you can afford to take that stance. What else could you be for? .
No, I don't think we can ever afford to take that stance. "Us" can never mean just the specific leadership group. It only means the team and what each individual thinks is what's best for the team.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #25
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
That's right. Including the coach. He better produce. And produce IMMEDIATELY. No excuses and no grace period.
So I guess you wont be going to Denver this summer for camp then...or will you be there protesting wearing a Cutler jersey, a Shanny mask and yelling at the top of your lungs that McDaniels is a crook?