The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default BJ Raji highlights ... boy looks good

looks like a big, fast men among boys
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

his speed is what sells me on him, big guy that fast....good Christ

the only thing I don't like is he over pursues like crazy in that video and ends up trying to arm tackle
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

He is just unblockable, wow that guy is fast.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
He is just unblockable, wow that guy is fast.
I know right, it jumps out at me immediately how quick and fast he is for being so big
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tyson Jackson
Old 04-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Any chance we can draft both of those guys, wow.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Am the only one who ended up noticing Ron Brace more than Raji? Brace took a lot more double blocks except in the vandy game when he seemed to spend the whole time pushing an offensive line lineman into the backfield.

Right now, I would love me some Brace in the 2nd round at the NT, he looks like a manchild.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
Beej
Seasoned Veteran

I like Raji's spin move.

Not so sure about Jackson, though.
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Ron Brace
Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I would take Raji at 12, but look at it for what it is folks. He's a huge DT for the collegiate level, and he is fighting single linemen on most plays. If you watch old videos of Marcus Thomas at Florida, he looked more "unblockable" than Raji (although technically different).

When Raji has to take on double teams in the NFL, he will have to learn quickly. He's not there yet.

I'll take Raji, but he's not even as good as Dorsey was in college (IMO). Dorsey has had a rough transition to the NFL, and will now be asked to make a switch to NT for the Chorfs. Raji's no "sure thing," but he has a lot of the measurables we are looking for. He would be a good #12 pick, but it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the DT's in rounds 3-5 do just as well in the NFL.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #11
Polster60
Solid Starter

I'm sold on Raji! He uses his hands very well. Uses good technique; the swim move he puts on the RT against Vandy for the sack is impressive. He always plays on the offensive's side of the line of scrimmage. And most importantly he just knows how to play football; he's a true and true blue collar, mean football player. Watch him flow to the ball, he makes good plays in traffic. That is difficult for a DT. I'm impressed.
Anyone notice Holtzclaw in those films? I think he will be a player!! Does anyone know if he comes out next year?
Polster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Polster60
Solid Starter

"I'll take Raji, but he's not even as good as Dorsey was in college (IMO). Dorsey has had a rough transition to the NFL, and will now be asked to make a switch to NT for the Chorfs. Raji's no "sure thing," but he has a lot of the measurables we are looking for. He would be a good #12 pick, but it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the DT's in rounds 3-5 do just as well in the NFL."

I'll agree with you that I think Dorsey was a more impressive player. I still believe he will turn out to an all pro player. I worry that even with Raji's measureables that he would be a better fit in 4-3 d, instead of 3-4 NT. Do I think he could? Sure, but I think there will be a learning curve for him.

But i'm still pretty impressed overall.
Polster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #13
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Raji has a little Ricky Williams smell to me.

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #14
Anaximines
Anaximines

Anaximines

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Yes, he looks great, but I agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I would take Raji at 12, but look at it for what it is folks. He's a huge DT for the collegiate level, and he is fighting single linemen on most plays.
Also, how much do you guys think Raji and Ron Brace have helped each other out by being on the same team? I mean, two top DT prospects on the same line have to be inflating each other's performance a bit.
Anaximines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #15
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
I would take Raji at 12, but look at it for what it is folks. He's a huge DT for the collegiate level, and he is fighting single linemen on most plays. If you watch old videos of Marcus Thomas at Florida, he looked more "unblockable" than Raji (although technically different).

When Raji has to take on double teams in the NFL, he will have to learn quickly. He's not there yet.

I'll take Raji, but he's not even as good as Dorsey was in college (IMO). Dorsey has had a rough transition to the NFL, and will now be asked to make a switch to NT for the Chorfs. Raji's no "sure thing," but he has a lot of the measurables we are looking for. He would be a good #12 pick, but it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the DT's in rounds 3-5 do just as well in the NFL.
Here's a college highlight video of none other than..... Marcus Thomas. Watch him beat the crap out of the SEC. Great highlight reels don't necessarily equal NFL success.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

While we're at it, here's Jarvis Moss. For those that doubt he has the tools to be an OLB, here is how fast he played in college:

Old 04-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #17
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Raji has a little Ricky Williams smell to me.
Where's Jimmy in the Raji video?

DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #18
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Not against the Hokies. In big games he disappears.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #19
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Anybody have any input about how/why the two best NTs in thgis draft are from the same college? That seems pretty odd ... and makes me a tad skeptical about both ...

That said, he looks majr-quick for his size. But like Hargrove said, MY looked just as quick then. Although I am higher on Thomas that you hargrove.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #20
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Here's a college highlight video of none other than..... Marcus Thomas. Watch him beat the crap out of the SEC. Great highlight reels don't necessarily equal NFL success.

MT is so fast ... I cannot believe they're not listiung him at DE in the 3-4. At :37 in, he comes off the edge with blazing quicknsss ... at 1:08 he looks linebacker-fast.

Anybody recognize that quarteback at :56 into this?

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 04-10-2009 at 02:16 PM..
Old 04-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #21
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Anybody have any input about how/why the two best NTs in thgis draft are from the same college? That seems pretty odd ... and makes me a tad skeptical about both ...

That said, he looks majr-quick for his size. But like Hargrove said, MY looked just as quick then. Although I am higher on Thomas that you hargrove.
No, Broncobuff, don't get me wrong - I like Marcus Thomas. And, if anyone can get him to a pro bowl level, it is probably Wayne Nunnely. He has been taking his lumps and learning in the big man's league. This year should tell us a lot about Marcus. I hope he becomes a force this year, because he has the potential to do so.

It's just all talk until he does it.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #22
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
No, Broncobuff, don't get me wrong - I like Marcus Thomas. And, if anyone can get him to a pro bowl level, it is probably Wayne Nunnely. He has been taking his lumps and learning in the big man's league. This year should tell us a lot about Marcus. I hope he becomes a force this year, because he has the potential to do so.

It's just all talk until he does it.
Do you see him as a NT though? They're listing Thomas as NT on the pre-camp depth chart released last week.

Not only is his 305 too light for NT ... just look at his skills. At 1:08 - 1:12 in that video, that is some serious speed for a DT. It seems to me the combination of that size and that quickness/penetration skill is well-suited to 3-4 DE ... what do you think? Drek? SoCal?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #23
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #24
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

It has me thinking.

Where does Marcus Thomas fit in this new defense? He was one of our better defensive linemen, although that is not saying much. Is he big and strong enough for the middle? or will he be pushed towards the end?
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #25
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

His tangible benefits are great. He looks like he can get away with pure raw talent for a bit while he learns the finer points of technique.

I like the intangibles as well. I really like the ease he walks onto the field with. He gives off serious confidence and a great leader personality for a team that desperately needs it.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote