The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2009, 02:59 AM   #1
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Default I love this mock draft.

The Broncos trade our 12 plus Sheffler to Jacksonville for the 8 pick. The Broncos trade either Moss or Dumervil for a 3 rounder. The Broncos draft 2 outside linebackers in the first round so do not need both players.

8.The Broncos draft either 1. Brian Orakpo or 2.Everette Smith. Im sure one of these players will be at the 8 spot.

18. Conner Barwin, The Broncos draft Barwin to play the Sam. This might be high for Barwin so could trade down a little before New England at 22 spot to get him.

48. Lesean McCoy. Shady and Hillis should make a great combination at running back. McCoy is a great cut back runner plus a great receiver out of backfield. McCoy is not the fastest but has great vision and runs with some power. McCoy should excel in the spread offence and will no longer be running against 8 or 9 man fronts. If Moreno or Brown fall then they could be the pick.

3a Fili Moala: good size for 3-4 De plus holds his ground against the run.

3b Chis Baker: The Broncos try to develope him into either Nt or De.

3c Travis Beckum or Shawn Nelson : someone to replace Sheffler

4. Terrance Taylor: another player to learn Nt position.

5. Jarrett Dillard : Love to see 3 receiver sets of Marshall, Royal and Dillard.

6. Lardarius Webb: fast corner that returns kicks.

7a Brandon Flechter, Could play either corner or free safety.

7b. Nate Davis: falls because of a leaning disability. Davis has a strong arm plus a quick release.

The Broncos also add Tyler Roehl, Celcil Newton,Brian Harline, Korry Sperry as undrafted free agents.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I doubt either Doom or Moss would get a 3rd round pick at this point. Moss hasn't played, you don't give up 3rd round picks for players that can't even get on active roster.

Doom you might be able to but I think Broncos like Doom as a pass rusher and will be keeping him. He may not start but I think would be a key role player.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Why on earth would the Jags want Marcedes Lewis Mk2
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Do you mean Everette Brown?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Do you mean Everette Brown?
no, Everette Smith

http://www.myspace.com/keitheverettesmith
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #6
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
nah dude that is keith everrette.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i am still not understanding the reasoning behind all these different people saying to trade Scheff and then use the pick we get for him on a TE to take his place.

Schef is proven and if we are just going to have to draft a replacement, why bother trading him?

i say we keep him, and only if he blows off minicamp before the draft do we explore trades.

supposedly McDaniels initially looked at Scheff and thought he could play the Ben Watson TE role here in Denver, and with Marshall's suspension status still undecided, i think it is in our best interest to keep Scheff.

although his word isn't worth much, but it is possible he was honest there.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

No, just no.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #9
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i am still not understanding the reasoning behind all these different people saying to trade Scheff and then use the pick we get for him on a TE to take his place.

Schef is proven and if we are just going to have to draft a replacement, why bother trading him?

i say we keep him, and only if he blows off minicamp before the draft do we explore trades.

supposedly McDaniels initially looked at Scheff and thought he could play the Ben Watson TE role here in Denver, and with Marshall's suspension status still undecided, i think it is in our best interest to keep Scheff.

although his word isn't worth much, but it is possible he was honest there.
Scheff could be a detraction on the team with his relationship with Cutler. He is one of our best assets to trade . He is also looking to get payed real soon.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
Pat Bowlen
President/Chief Executive

Take it from me, they're all looking to get payed.
Pat Bowlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Well.

There you go.

You just heard it from the horse's ***
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Schef and 12 won't jump up to 8. I quit reading there and I think if Denver did trade to 8 it would be for Sanchez.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I doubt either Doom or Moss would get a 3rd round pick at this point. Moss hasn't played, you don't give up 3rd round picks for players that can't even get on active roster.

Doom you might be able to but I think Broncos like Doom as a pass rusher and will be keeping him. He may not start but I think would be a key role player.
i agree with that. i think Doom will play here this year and try to make the transition to OLB. on our roster he is the only guy who has proven any ability at getting to the QB. he just needs some help so he isn't constantly fighting double teams and he will look good.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #14
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
Schef and 12 won't jump up to 8. I quit reading there and I think if Denver did trade to 8 it would be for Sanchez.
While I don't want to trade Schef, I disagree that it wouldn't be good enough value. I don't think Jacksonville wants Schef, but he is essentially puting Schefs value at a mid 3rd round pick. I think he is worth more than that. Frankly, he has similar measureables to Shockey and he netted a mid 2nd and 5th.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
Scheff could be a detraction on the team with his relationship with Cutler. He is one of our best assets to trade . He is also looking to get payed real soon.
he has very little to bargain with on a new contract considering injury history and while he has shown talent in bursts he has also gone several games as a non factor. he is a terrible blocker at the line. with all that in mind he can be re-signed for cheap

and with the Cutler stuff, he may be pissed now, but if he gets to camp and it looks like he will be used in the game plan a lot, he will get over it. he doesn't need to be best friends with McDaniels to play for us. if he can keep his mouth shut, he will not be a distraction, and so far he hasn't really caused a distraction.

he hasn't asked to be traded, he showed up to the initial "Mandatory" team meeting. the only thing that is slightly questionable is that he is training on his own with a trainer and supposedly is now in the best shape he has ever been. and the training he is missing is voluntary right now. i say if he isn't traded by minicamp in a few days, he is here to stay.

add in the unknown possible suspension of Marshall, and the fact that Orton is a guy who checks down his passes and uses his TEs and backs more often than Jay did. so a good receiving TE threat is going to be essential this season.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: