The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,576
Default Beanie Wells fails to show in Denver for private workout?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...s-off-broncos/

A league source tells us that Ohio State running back Chris “Beanie” Wells was supposed to visit the Broncos on Wednesday.

Per the source, Wells missed his flight.

And, as a result, Wells didn’t show for the meeting.

It’s unknown at this point whether the Broncos were informed that Wells wouldn’t be there, or whether some dude dressed in black is still holding a sign that says “Beanie” in the Denver airport.

If so, we assume that anyone nearby is standing upwind.


I wonder if this is true?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,061
Default

Haha! Another player who doesn't want to play for McDaniels.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:07 AM   #3
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Confirmed by Denver Post.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12104180

Ya know, this wouldn't only bad for his standing with the Broncos; other teams obviously will know about this too. I mean, he had to have called, right?

No matter. The Broncos history with backs from THE Ohio State University is tip top.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:23 AM   #4
meangene
Ring of Famer
 
meangene's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,082
Default

Dumbass!
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:35 AM   #5
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,909

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

If i had a $1 for everytime I missed a flight....
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #6
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,788
Default

Just say no to backs from Ohio State.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:42 AM   #7
dreasher54
getting good
 
dreasher54's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darcel McBath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
If i had a $1 for everytime I missed a flight....
I would have zero dollars
dreasher54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:44 AM   #8
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,006
Default

He has 'BUST' written all over him--with his injury history and rumored 'attittude issues' coupled with missing an interview with a potential employer...plus he goes by 'beanie'...those traits work well in the corrupt program that is OSU, but it's not somehting I want to see on my Broncos.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:47 AM   #9
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

I almost missed a flight when I was stationed in DC. Our liberty didn't begin until 7am, and I took a 7:30am flight at Baltimore-Washington... lucky my Chief Petty Officer let me go.

I doubt Wells had that same problem, though.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:47 AM   #10
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,206
Default

God I hope we don't touch him with a ten foot pole.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:10 AM   #11
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston
 
chickennob2's Avatar
 
Glad to be back

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,081

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
God I hope we don't touch him with a ten foot pole.
What if its dripping with AIDS?
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #12
davidtkd
Seasoned Veteran
 
davidtkd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickennob2 View Post
What if its dripping with AIDS?
How is this even remotely funny?
davidtkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #13
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtkd View Post
How is this even remotely funny?
you would know why if you browsed the mane more often.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,343
Default

Beanie’s Agent Explains Broncos Blow Off
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2009, 8:10 a.m. EDT

We were told last night that Ohio State running back Chris “Beanie” Wells didn’t show for his Wednesday visit with the Broncos because he missed his flight.

Adam Heller of DeBartolo Sports Agency has supplied the player’s side of the story.

“Beanie was scheduled to be in Denver yesterday for a short ‘in and out’ visit with the Broncos,” Heller told us via e-mail. “Per his flight itinerary, he was getting in at 9:33 AM and then leaving for Arizona [at] 3:00.

“The flight to Denver was delayed due to mechanical issues so it made the Broncos visit impossible. However, because is was still the best way to get to [Arizona], Beanie took the flight, went through Denver and then got on his flight to Arizona and is there now. The Broncos were aware of the flight delay.”

We appreciate the explanation, but the chain of events suggests that Wells prefers the Cardinals to the Broncos. Or Wells would have stayed in Denver and taken a later flight to Arizona.

Wells was in Denver. And instead of finding a way to visit the Broncos and then head to Phoenix, Wells jumped a plane to Arizona.

Frankly, Wells probably made the smarter move. The Cardinals are widely regarded as looking for a running back in round one; for the Broncos, who signed at last count 13 free-agent tailbacks, more pressing needs arise elsewhere.


http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ncos-blow-off/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:02 AM   #15
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

13 free agent running backs

That's an exaggeration right?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #16
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,032

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I like Moreno better anyway. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if the Broncos didn't see a defensive player they like at #12 if they took Moreno.

Who cares they signed some free agent RB's. Even if they had kept the other guys they had, it was stated the Broncos needed a true #1 RB.

The guys the Broncos signed at RB are better than the guys they had, but none are the long term solution to the starting RB spot.

Moreno would probably be gone by #18.

Some are saying wait to take a RB. Well, that was Shanahan's way and look at all the different RB's that have been coming and going. It would be nice to find a RB who filled the starting role for awhile and I think that's Moreno.

Not to mention the RB class this year isn't strong, so guys like McCoy and Brown in particular, may not even be there at the Bronco 2nd rounder. There are teams picking higher in the 2nd that could use a RB.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:10 AM   #17
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Hillis
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #18
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I like Moreno better anyway. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if the Broncos didn't see a defensive player they like at #12 if they took Moreno.

Who cares they signed some free agent RB's. Even if they had kept the other guys they had, it was stated the Broncos needed a true #1 RB.

The guys the Broncos signed at RB are better than the guys they had, but none are the long term solution to the starting RB spot.

Moreno would probably be gone by #18.

Some are saying wait to take a RB. Well, that was Shanahan's way and look at all the different RB's that have been coming and going. It would be nice to find a RB who filled the starting role for awhile and I think that's Moreno.

Not to mention the RB class this year isn't strong, so guys like McCoy and Brown in particular, may not even be there at the Bronco 2nd rounder. There are teams picking higher in the 2nd that could use a RB.
Cosign. Moreno will be a STUD. Like a bigger Brian Westbrook. But b/c of their signings, I am not sure that they will go that route even if presented with that scenario

Last edited by broncofan7; 04-09-2009 at 07:17 AM..
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #19
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
He has 'BUST' written all over him--with his injury history and rumored 'attittude issues' coupled with missing an interview with a potential employer...plus he goes by 'beanie'...those traits work well in the corrupt program that is OSU, but it's not somehting I want to see on my Broncos.
Jealousy is a stinky cologne.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #20
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

please tell me that there aren't really people on this board that believe Wells won't be a good NFL RB because he missed an airplane flight?...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #21
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,659
Default

Is it just me, or is it that this whole draft class is starting to look like one big fat bust for everyone?
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #22
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Already has a nickname "Beanie Baby"
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #23
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Is it just me, or is it that this whole draft class is starting to look like one big fat bust for everyone?
There's only a handful of picks in the first that I feel "comfortable" with.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #24
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBen's Avatar
 
Go Broncos !!

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Beanie’s Agent Explains Broncos Blow Off
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2009, 8:10 a.m. EDT

We were told last night that Ohio State running back Chris “Beanie” Wells didn’t show for his Wednesday visit with the Broncos because he missed his flight.

Adam Heller of DeBartolo Sports Agency has supplied the player’s side of the story.

“Beanie was scheduled to be in Denver yesterday for a short ‘in and out’ visit with the Broncos,” Heller told us via e-mail. “Per his flight itinerary, he was getting in at 9:33 AM and then leaving for Arizona [at] 3:00.

“The flight to Denver was delayed due to mechanical issues so it made the Broncos visit impossible. However, because is was still the best way to get to [Arizona], Beanie took the flight, went through Denver and then got on his flight to Arizona and is there now. The Broncos were aware of the flight delay.”

We appreciate the explanation, but the chain of events suggests that Wells prefers the Cardinals to the Broncos. Or Wells would have stayed in Denver and taken a later flight to Arizona.

Wells was in Denver. And instead of finding a way to visit the Broncos and then head to Phoenix, Wells jumped a plane to Arizona.

Frankly, Wells probably made the smarter move. The Cardinals are widely regarded as looking for a running back in round one; for the Broncos, who signed at last count 13 free-agent tailbacks, more pressing needs arise elsewhere.


http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ncos-blow-off/

I will buy this story.. I am sure his Agent or someone let the Broncos know what was going on. There was not going to be enough time for him to make the afternoon flight. You have to figure that the Broncos were going to give him a physical (has a history of injury), work him out, and interview him.

It could be argued that maybe he should have postponed the Arizona trip to the next day and met with the Broncos. But there are too many things we don't know about. Maybe some of the Bronco staff were unavailable for a later time. Maybe the Agent couldn't get another flight; maybe the budget didn't allow it.

I don't buy this.. Benie doesn’t want to play for the Broncos. This is his chance to play in the NFL. I don't think he would want to blow it.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #25
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Is it just me, or is it that this whole draft class is starting to look like one big fat bust for everyone?
Well one thing is clear it's not the best draft to have 10 picks in.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Denver Broncos