The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default new mock draft

after a few people questioned my last mock, i thought for awhile and decided to alter a few picks. i feel we need to find 2 defensive starters in round 1, and then in mid-late rounds fill in offensive players as needed. so with this new mindset, here is my new mock.

1 Tyson Jackson instant starter in the DE spot for our 3-4
1 Clay Matthews best of the UCS LBs
2 Jarron Gilbert Good DE to bolster the line and be part of a rotation
3 Rashad Jennings Powerful workhorse that becomes our franchise back
3 Eric Wood Big Strong Center that sets up the line for years to come
4 Terrance Taylor or Sammie Lee Hill NT, one or the other will be good
5 Brandon Tate Need a return man to keep Royal fresh
6 Rhett Bomar/Other Late Round QB for McDaniels to groom
7 Zach Potter Another DE to add depth and possibly be a rotational guy eventually
7 Frantz Joseph Adds depth to the LB corps

i have a very front 7 heavy draft, and overlooked the secondary because, a good front 7 will make a bad secondary look better than it is, that doesn't work the other way around. plus i feel next season we can get Taylor Mays, and i am still holding out hope on Barrett especially with him learning behind Dawkins.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 05:54 AM   #2
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I like it. Don't like Bomar personally and I think Taylor will be better than Hill, but other than that, one of the better mocks.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:06 AM   #3
Crushisback
Camp fodder

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2008/...ock-draft.html

This mock would be a dream come true!
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Yeah, i could live with that. I'm still not sure how I feel about Matthews though. I def. am drawn to maualuga because I think he'd help our run defense immensely. I think, of all the players in the draft, he's suffered the most from nitpicking/overanalyzation. The guy flat out is a force on game day. They said Ray Lewis would probably be a 2 down LB too when he was coming out of school....that worked out OK
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
Paladin
Ring of Famer

You saying that Rey-Rey is like Ray-Ray? Don't know, but I do like the OP draft projections. Could happen. Would sure be a change on D......

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people insist on a C being drafted. The Broncos have: Wiegmann, LTS, Hamilton, and I thought there was another on the PS. Wasted pick. Need another LB instead........
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

haha, i dont want to proclaim Rey-Rey as the next Ray-Ray, but i've watched him play plenty and the guy just brings power and attitude. Sure, he's a little undisciplined at times, but he packs a punch. If we came outo f the first day with T. Jackson, Rey Rey, and Ron Brace. That's some man power our D desperately needs. Coach McD did mention something about stopping the run...well, that would go a long way to that.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I like it! Maybe Barwin instead of Rey Rey, but I could deal with a run stopper at ILB for us.

Also I like Hoyer (QB from MSU) instead of Bomar, but we can get him in the 6th im sure.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Can't disagree with the idea of a run stopper.... But I remember that he Broncos did not go to USC Pro day - not that that means anything, really - and I don't know if Nolan even knows this guy exists......

People say that McD is picking. I think it will be Nolan leading the picks on D.

Any response to my question about the C pick?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
I like it! Maybe Barwin instead of Rey Rey, but I could deal with a run stopper at ILB for us.

Also I like Hoyer (QB from MSU) instead of Bomar, but we can get him in the 6th im sure.
I think Bomar's agent is Bus Cook too...so i assume they stay away from him
Old 04-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #10
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post

Mayock says that Barwin is a project and has some development ahead of him (as in a year or 2) as a rush LB. He says the the hype train is tremendous because of his measurables but in football terms, he's not worth a second because he doesnt think he can help this year. He said, he's worth a third as a rush OLB but that he's closer to being NFL ready as a TE and can see a team taking him as a TE in the 2nd.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #11
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Can't disagree with the idea of a run stopper.... But I remember that he Broncos did not go to USC Pro day - not that that means anything, really - and I don't know if Nolan even knows this guy exists......

People say that McD is picking. I think it will be Nolan leading the picks on D.

Any response to my question about the C pick?
The thinking is that Wman has 1-2 years left and those other guys you mentioned are probably not future starting centers.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #12
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I really like your mock my man. I LOVE the first four picks. Clay Matthews is one of my FAVs in the entire draft. I also would LOVE to get Tate in the draft. Nice job. I would be EXTREMELY happy with this!!!
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #13
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

This is a necessary draft, and I hope it happens just like this. For the Broncos to even be realistically competitive against the NFC East teams and San Diego in our own division we absolutely, positively must bolster that D-line and get some playmaker LBs for that 3-4. We have to.

Great mock draft. I'd take this any day.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, i could live with that. I'm still not sure how I feel about Matthews though. I def. am drawn to maualuga because I think he'd help our run defense immensely. I think, of all the players in the draft, he's suffered the most from nitpicking/overanalyzation. The guy flat out is a force on game day. They said Ray Lewis would probably be a 2 down LB too when he was coming out of school....that worked out OK
See and i look at Maualuga and just see a younger more physically gifted Nate Webster for some reason.

but when i see Matthews play, i see some Romanowski in the guy. he plays mean, and nasty and goes all out every single play.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
You saying that Rey-Rey is like Ray-Ray? Don't know, but I do like the OP draft projections. Could happen. Would sure be a change on D......

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people insist on a C being drafted. The Broncos have: Wiegmann, LTS, Hamilton, and I thought there was another on the PS. Wasted pick. Need another LB instead........
i am looking long term and with the fact that Weigman still hasn't been re-signed yet. and with Hamilton as much as i like the guy, i would prefer someone bigger in his position.

the way i would like to see the line looking in 2010 would be

Clady, Lichtensteiger, Wood, Kuper, Harris. all young big tough guys, that have the line set up for years to come

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 04-08-2009 at 11:52 AM..
Old 04-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #16
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i am looking long term and with the fact that Weigman still hasn't been re-signed yet. and with Hamilton as much as i like the guy, i would prefer someone bigger in his position.

the way i would like to see the line looking in 2010 would be

Clady, Lichtensteiger, Wood, Kuper, Harris. all young big tough guys, that have the line set up for years to come
I would love the addition of Wood to our team. I just dont see him lasting until the 3rd round. We would have to take him with our 2nd rounder and with all the other more pressing needs, it doesnt seem plausable.
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #17
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

I like it --

But I would not be surprised to see a trade up in round two to nab Ron Brace.

And/or maybe a trade up in the third to nab either

R Jennings RB or R Johnson FS
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
See and i look at Maualuga and just see a younger more physically gifted Nate Webster for some reason.

but when i see Matthews play, i see some Romanowski in the guy. he plays mean, and nasty and goes all out every single play.
I have no clue why you see Nate Webster in Rey. Rey was a man among boys in college. He was a pocket explosion. I guess they both play ILB...i think thats where the similarities end
Old 04-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I have no clue why you see Nate Webster in Rey. Rey was a man among boys in college. He was a pocket explosion. I guess they both play ILB...i think thats where the similarities end
i am saying i think the guy is a lot of hype. he overpursues too much, gets washed out of plays a lot. although when he is on, he is awesome, but he isn't always on his game.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
i am saying i think the guy is a lot of hype. he overpursues too much, gets washed out of plays a lot. although when he is on, he is awesome, but he isn't always on his game.
You put Rey Rey inside in a 3-4 and he will dominate. You put him in the middle in a 4-3, I think he will still be good, but maybe a little slow dropping into coverage.

I like Rey, IMO he's a safe bet to start at Linebacker, make an impact, make defense more physical.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:14 AM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You put Rey Rey inside in a 3-4 and he will dominate. You put him in the middle in a 4-3, I think he will still be good, but maybe a little slow dropping into coverage.

I like Rey, IMO he's a safe bet to start at Linebacker, make an impact, make defense more physical.
honestly. i don't think there is a big difference between DJ, Davis, Woodyard and Larsen in the middle and what he would bring. if we only had DJ i would be more open to the pick, but i don't even think he is the most physical LB from USC in this draft.

and yes, more than likely he would start, but his addition wouldn't be a big enough impact to warrant being picked 12 or 18.

however a guy like Matthews, who plays the OLB position and would take Boss out of the starting spot, is an instant upgrade and makes the defense better. Ray's addition wouldn't warrant as much notice on the inside, and isn't much of an upgrade over the guys we already have there.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 04-10-2009 at 02:06 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: