The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Default Chicago's getting the 2007 Cutler

With their o-line problems and poor receiving options, aren't the Bears getting the 2007 model Cutler?

In 2007, with half our o-line on injured reserve and only Marshall as a legit receiving option (Stokley in the slot as well, but Rod Smith was done), Cutler fumbled 11 times, was sacked 27 times, and threw 14 picks.

Isn't THAT the Cutler Chicago is getting? They're so infatuated with last season's passing statistics, but that was with Royal, Marshall, Stokley and Scheff, PLUS an o-line that gave up only 11 sacks. He's not going to be sacked that little in Chicago...

Anyway, just a thought.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

agree
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Ooh snap...he had undiagnosed diabetes that year, so he really faded as the year went along. He may get knocked around that much and might turn it over 25 times though.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

The 2007 Cutler played with untreated diabetes.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
With their o-line problems and poor receiving options, aren't the Bears getting the 2007 model Cutler?

In 2007, with half our o-line on injured reserve and only Marshall as a legit receiving option (Stokley in the slot as well, but Rod Smith was done), Cutler fumbled 11 times, was sacked 27 times, and threw 14 picks.

Isn't THAT the Cutler Chicago is getting? They're so infatuated with last season's passing statistics, but that was with Royal, Marshall, Stokley and Scheff, PLUS an o-line that gave up only 11 sacks. He's not going to be sacked that little in Chicago...

Anyway, just a thought.
i wouldn't say all that...

Cutler is a better player now than 07...he's learned more...

Cutler being sacked only 11 times has to also be credited to Cutler's pocket awareness and escapability...he's very good at that, plus he forced throws in order to avoid sacks (almost to a fault)...don't get me wrong, our o-line is terrific, but the o-line can't get ALL the credit for the low sack total...

plus, he was playing with undiagnosed diabetes...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Cutler has one of the best arms I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I think that gives him the confidence (maybe over-confidence?) to try and zing it in just about anywhere. Not a good trait if your Oline isn't keeping the pressure off. Plus, with the receivers he's got in Chi-Town, it doesn't look like a real good mix on paper. I guess by week eight we'll have a pretty good idea.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

That is true that culter has good escapability and we will miss a qb that can scramble for a first if needed(not orton), but the thing we will not miss is the forced throws to keep from getting sacked. The other thing that drove me frickin nuts with cutler was anytime he had to lead a wr down the field he couldn't fing do it. The guy didn't know if he should put air under it and lead the guy or put it on a line. He missed so many opportunities down the field, so when Chicago says they have a guy that can finally throw the long ball their right; they just forgot to worry about the most important part-------------ACCURACY!!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Cutler has one of the best arms I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I think that gives him the confidence (maybe over-confidence?) to try and zing it in just about anywhere. Not a good trait if your Oline isn't keeping the pressure off. Plus, with the receivers he's got in Chi-Town, it doesn't look like a real good mix on paper. I guess by week eight we'll have a pretty good idea.
You know what else we'll get by week 8? Midseason "who won the trade" talks on every football show on the planet.

Shoot me.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #9
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

You guys are delusional.

The Bears are getting a 4th year quarterback fresh off of a pro bowl season. He is coming into an offensive system that is not nearly as complicated as Shanahans, so the learning time won't be quite as long. He won't be passing as much, and they have Forte who will be sure to open up passing lanes. On the other end, they have to respect Cutler's arm as well. The Bears are going to be better than us next year. That's just something you all are going to have to deal with. If you really think Cutler is that bad, I don't know why you are worrying about it. You should be ecstatic that we got all those picks and Cutler should be but a dot in your review mirror.

Leave the sour grapes threads to us who actually wanted him around, and still do.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
That is true that culter has good escapability and we will miss a qb that can scramble for a first if needed(not orton), but the thing we will not miss is the forced throws to keep from getting sacked. The other thing that drove me frickin nuts with cutler was anytime he had to lead a wr down the field he couldn't fing do it. The guy didn't know if he should put air under it and lead the guy or put it on a line. He missed so many opportunities down the field, so when Chicago says they have a guy that can finally throw the long ball their right; they just forgot to worry about the most important part-------------ACCURACY!!
Accuracy, an attribute of Cutler's that has been praised TIME AND TIME AGAIN by many of scouts, players, coaches, and oh yeah, fans on the orange mane.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #11
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp View Post
Accuracy, an attribute of Cutler's that has been praised TIME AND TIME AGAIN by many of scouts, players, coaches, and oh yeah, fans on the orange mane.
Do you agree or disagree with this
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Short and medium distance passes is one thing, but I believe he is referring to his deep ball accuracy in the post above. He is very inaccurate with the deep ball.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #13
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Short and medium distance passes is one thing, but I believe he is referring to his deep ball accuracy in the post above. He is very inaccurate with the deep ball.
someone gets it
Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
You guys are delusional.

The Bears are getting a 4th year quarterback fresh off of a pro bowl season. He is coming into an offensive system that is not nearly as complicated as Shanahans, so the learning time won't be quite as long. He won't be passing as much, and they have Forte who will be sure to open up passing lanes. On the other end, they have to respect Cutler's arm as well. The Bears are going to be better than us next year. That's just something you all are going to have to deal with. If you really think Cutler is that bad, I don't know why you are worrying about it. You should be ecstatic that we got all those picks and Cutler should be but a dot in your review mirror.

Leave the sour grapes threads to us who actually wanted him around, and still do.
I don't really care if the Bears are better than the Broncos. They're not in our division. Who said Cutler is "bad?" Frankly, I could care less what happens to Cutler now, but it makes for interesting football speculation, which I think is what this board is all about. If I was a Miami fan (ugh!) on a Fishhead board, I'd probably be talking about it too. It's the most interesting football topic going on right now. I'll leave the sour grapes to the fans who still have a man crush on Cutler. That ain't me.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #15
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

the broncos divisional opponents defenses were #25, #27, and #31 ... the bears divisional opponents defenses were #6, #20, and #32 ... and for all the stuff we keep hearing about the bears "good/great defense" - it was #21 last year, hardly "good/great"

and cutler's 13-1 record when opponents score 21 points or less is designed to sway naysayers into placing more blame on the broncos' defense for cutler's less than stellar 17-20 record as a starter. truth is, jake plummer was 39-5 using the same criteria ... AND the broncos' offense was #8 in the league last year in turnovers and #16 in scoring despite being #2 in total yardage. that suggests a less than efficient offense. what's cutler going to do behind an inferior o-line with a marginal WR corp against better divisional defenses? time will tell.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #16
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
You guys are delusional.

No sour grapes here, I was pissed with long ball accuracy for the last two years...didn't know there was a club for you guys though.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #17
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
But not on the long ball down the sideline.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #18
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:
You guys are delusional.

Sad, but true. Bowlen will regret this
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #19
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

He may struggle. The Bears O-line won't give Cutler the protection to throw into triple coverage...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #20
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
He may struggle. The Bears O-line won't give Cutler the protection to throw into triple coverage...
Even with the signing of Pace?
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #21
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan2438 View Post
pace will be an upgrade over what the bears had last year, but he's nowhere near what he once was. the bears lost BOTH offensive tackles from last year's unit.

i'd be more worried about their WR corp (or lack thereof). it's one of the worst in the league. and during his press conference, cutler was comparing it favorably to what he had in denver. what an idiot.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #22
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Cutler will get around 3,600 yards, 20 TDs and 15 INTs this next year.

If he stays healthy. Probably puts it on the ground 7 or 8 times too.

He has the talent to put up ok stats but everything around him is inferior with the exception of Forte. The running games are about equal.

Last edited by snowspot66; 04-06-2009 at 10:20 AM..
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan2438 View Post
The odds that Pace can play sixteen games are very low. How many games has he played in the last three years, twelve?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #24
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

I will agree with the fact that Cutler didn't complete a whole lot of BOMB passes, but how many quarterbacks outside of the ones who have had the luxury of receivers like Fitzgerald and Moss do? You also have to remember that Marshall isn't exactly a burner. Royal is pretty darn fast but how many times did we send him deep? If THAT'S your argument here I think that's pretty nitpicky.

Cutler's real strength lies in the fact that hey can get balls to receivers about 25 to 30 yards downfield faster than most anyone. As soon as the receiver gets open the ball gets there. I'm sure he will improve his long ball with time.

I know what you guys are saying but I couldn't resist...

Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #25
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
I will agree with the fact that Cutler didn't complete a whole lot of BOMB passes, but how many quarterbacks outside of the ones who have had the luxury of receivers like Fitzgerald and Moss do? You also have to remember that Marshall isn't exactly a burner. Royal is pretty darn fast but how many times did we send him deep? If THAT'S your argument here I think that's pretty nitpicky.

Cutler's real strength lies in the fact that hey can get balls to receivers about 25 to 30 yards downfield faster than most anyone. As soon as the receiver gets open the ball gets there. I'm sure he will improve his long ball with time.

I know what you guys are saying but I couldn't resist...

his long ball won't improve much unless the bears get a better group of WRs.