The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default Would the Chargers pass on Tyson Jackson?

Like the title says. Trying to do my Broncos mock and wondering if Jackson would be around at #18. He would nicely replace Olshansky for them, but they've got quite a few needs don't they?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

if Wells or Moreno are available to the Chargers i think they take them before Jackson
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
if Wells or Moreno are available to the Chargers i think they take them before Jackson

I could see them also taking a LB from USC. I think theres a very good possibility they take a RB but one thing to consider is that they already have decent money tied up at RB. If the RB they draft is going to sit behind LT and Sproles a lot, its more cost effective if they draft a RB after the 1st.

Last edited by lex; 04-05-2009 at 09:02 PM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I could see the Chargers take Wells or Maclin if he is available, if a good OL falls like Oher that is also an option. Jackson would probably be 5th or so on their board, he is definitely an option for them but not the number 1.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

A lot of mocks have SD taking Rey Rey in the first round.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/189?refresh=0

Quote:
Q:Gil, Mike Singletary played for a gruesome bears defense. Don't you think it would be in his nature to draft a pass rushing end/lb with the tenth pick? If so, who?

A:Hi Dylan. Don't be surprised if the 49ers take LSU DE Tyson Jackson if he's there. I don't think he will be there at 10, howevr, but we'll see. If he's not there, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers go offense if a guy like WR Michael Crabtree is still there, or perhaps OT Michael Oher.

Q: Hey Gil, if BJ Raji slips to #9 can you see the Packers passing on him since they're switching to a 3-4 defense?

A: Hi Tosh. I think it's possible they pass on him because they've got Ryan Pickett to play NT, and I don't think Raji can play DE n the 3-4. I think the Packers will target a player like Tyson Jackson with the ninth pick. Or one of the elite offensive tackles.
Gil Brandt had a chat on nfl.com today, and in it he states he'd be surprised if Tyson Jackson makes it out of the top 10. I think he mentioned that he strongly feels that Green Bay will take him.

Depending on how much stalk you put into his opinion, it seems unlikely that he'll last until 18...hopefully 12 if we're lucky.

Last edited by s0phr0syne; 04-07-2009 at 08:20 PM..
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Why would we pass him?

We should take him at 12 and then get BPA on defense at 18

We would be looking at guys like Rey Rey, Clay Matthews, Malcolm Jenkins, Larry English, Aaron Maybin

Not too shabby
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I could see them also taking a LB from USC. I think theres a very good possibility they take a RB but one thing to consider is that they already have decent money tied up at RB. If the RB they draft is going to sit behind LT and Sproles a lot, its more cost effective if they draft a RB after the 1st.
That and how much of a difference will they figure in between a guy like Wells in the first and Jennings, say in the third? Considering the money tied up (like you said), I think they'll go with a RB a little later and focus on LB/DL in the first. A darkhorse for them would be OL.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

If Tyson is there at 12 I say we take him and don't look back-similar to the Clady pick-turn off the phones and submit the card.

He's not flashy, but he's going to be rock solid and would be a great first pick in trying to build through the draft.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: