The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default jason campbell "pissed"

but is handling the situation like an NFL quarterback, not a f-ing baby.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ell-is-pissed/
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I think as we watch the Campbell situation unfold (or better fizzle and fade away), it will provide some real insight into why having lost Cutler isnt such a bad thing over the long term.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Campbell sucks, and has no reason to be mad about the Redskins (and a coach who is already very familiar with him) pursuing a significantly better player. It's not a slight to be included in a trade for a better player. Obviously he is going to be butthurt about it, but it's not like they were trying to dump him for Tyler Thigpen (i.e. Cutler for Cassel)
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Campbell sucks, and has no reason to be mad about the Redskins (and a coach who is already very familiar with him) pursuing a significantly better player.
Campbell's actually pretty good, Sgt Chicken. His teammates love him and if he had any semblance of an offensive line during the second half of last year, there's no reason to think the 'Skins wouldn't have built on the 6-2 start and gone to the playoffs.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Campbell sucks, and has no reason to be mad about the Redskins (and a coach who is already very familiar with him) pursuing a significantly better player. It's not a slight to be included in a trade for a better player. Obviously he is going to be butthurt about it, but it's not like they were trying to dump him for Tyler Thigpen (i.e. Cutler for Cassel)
yes but in getting rid of cutler, given what weve seen in this offseason, wed get a QB whos a better leader, a better temperament, can handle **** going wrong, as well as picks to help fix the real problem on the team: defense.

the team would be improved, just as their QB situation MAY be improved (thats arguable, it feels like cutlers career is gonna go south)
Old 04-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Campbell's actually pretty good, Sgt Chicken. His teammates love him and if he had any semblance of an offensive line during the second half of last year, there's no reason to think the 'Skins wouldn't have built on the 6-2 start and gone to the playoffs.
Campbell is horrible, I watched 10 skins games on account of a close friend being a huge fan. You obviously don't watch skins games. He has zero accuracy, floats balls left and right, and takes a year to release the ball.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
****ING YAWN

It's done, you are very tiresome.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Campbell is horrible, I watched 10 skins games on account of a close friend being a huge fan. You obviously don't watch skins games. He has zero accuracy, floats balls left and right, and takes a year to release the ball.
Funny, I have a friend who's a big skins fan as well. He LOVES Jason Campbell,and doesn't want him to leave DC. I've watched lots of skins games with him, and what I saw was a quarterback who didn't throw a pick for 8 weeks until his offensive line came down with injury-itis, and he couldn't get rid of the ball.

In Denver, hopefully he wouldn't have that problem.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:

Cutler isn't significantly better than anything, he and Campbell are the same player with different release speed. I don't get the godlike worship of his talent powers, it's getting crazy. Nothing Cutler has or does is unique. This isn't pop warner ball, or high school where a guy stands out like that. Differences in the NFL are minute at most, it's more perception and hype. That's why nfl scouts and gms look at game tape, not message boards.

Byron Leftwich is trying out for the backup position as we speak.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Jason Campbell was 0 and 4 last year when his team held the other team to 20 points or less. The Skins D didn't allow a team to score over 30 points once last year. I don't think you will find many QBs in the NFL that wouldn't have won more games with the Skins if they started for them. Even with Portis running for them that O didn't top 30 points once last year either.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #11
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

The coaching staff didn't want him to throw the fragging ball, and they only had one wideout, santana moss. Cooley disappeared in the gameplan for some bizarre reason. Combine that with Jason's long windup and release and you have a mess. He did improve somewhat in these areas but I doubt he'll ever have a 'whip' release. That just isn't his body language.

Now if he's pissed enough at management he may develop one...
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
The coaching staff didn't want him to throw the fragging ball, and they only had one wideout, santana moss. Cooley disappeared in the gameplan for some bizarre reason. Combine that with Jason's long windup and release and you have a mess. He did improve somewhat in these areas but I doubt he'll ever have a 'whip' release. That just isn't his body language.

Now if he's pissed enough at management he may develop one...
Absolutely right. I don't know what they call the offensive scheme they're running in DC these days... but there's a reason they're pining for Shanahan.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Cutler isn't significantly better than anything, he and Campbell are the same player with different release speed. I don't get the godlike worship of his talent powers, it's getting crazy. Nothing Cutler has or does is unique. This isn't pop warner ball, or high school where a guy stands out like that. Differences in the NFL are minute at most, it's more perception and hype. That's why nfl scouts and gms look at game tape, not message boards.

Is that why ten teams were interested in him even though the announced starting price was 2 firsts?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:

Campbell couldn't make this type of throw.

frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post

That is sick...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #16
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Seriously and iam not depending campbell but how the **** do you know campbell can't make that throw? you should say ( it's your opinion he can't make that throw)

53 sec

Last edited by Bronx33; 04-05-2009 at 12:43 PM..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
So a player getting upset has to do with how good they think they are? Wow Cutler must think he is really good.

By the way people when you think you are great, you rarely work hard to get better. Improving yourself is all about self evaluation and determining what you need to get better at. If all you do is look in the mirror and say, you really are Elway, then you will never be.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Seriously and iam not depending campbell but how the **** do you know campbell can't make that throw? you should say ( it's your opinion he can't make that throw)
Wah. Almost every post in here states something w/o labeling it ''imo''. STFU already. It's a sick throw.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #19
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post

53 sec
So similiar!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #20
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Wah. Almost every post in here states something w/o labeling it ''imo''. STFU already. It's a sick throw.

I didn't say it wasn't a sick throw.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #21
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

could they have picked a more terrible song for that highlight film
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #22
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

haha, it's come so far that the Cutler haters now have become Campbell defenders just for the sake of trying to tarnish Cutler even more?

You guys got what you wanted, he's out of here. I don't understand why you insist on trying to "prove to everybody" just how bad Cutler was and how worthless he was going to be to this team.

Same thing is true for the rabid Cutler defenders...what's done is done.

Bowlen, McD, and Xanders are busy charting a course to get us to the promised land. It's way different than the path we originally imagined, but let's see where it takes us.

Sure, right now, between having a sh*tty (and now old as hell) defense, a murky situation at QB, our premier WR facing the threat of suspension, and losing 3 valued members of our scouting department (not counting Jeff Goodman), it's not looking good, but there's still a long way to go until opening day, and then after that there's a loooooong way to go until the season is over.

There's plenty of things worth discussing (ie draft) that are better than the in-fighting over the Cutler exodus and McD's fascism.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Campbell sucks. He doesn't make plays. He just tries not to make plays for the other team. He spends most of his time hanging onto the ball and checking down.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #24
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
So a player getting upset has to do with how good they think they are? Wow Cutler must think he is really good.

By the way people when you think you are great, you rarely work hard to get better. Improving yourself is all about self evaluation and determining what you need to get better at. If all you do is look in the mirror and say, you really are Elway, then you will never be.
that isn't what I said.

My point is that Campbell sucks and hasn't shown the improvement that Zorn is looking for, it's not like Zorn walked in and immediately tried to shop Campbell, all the while pretending like he wasn't, and worse yet, was looking for inferior talent, a total slap in the face. Zorn has given Campbell a fair shake and was looking to improve at the position.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
haha, it's come so far that the Cutler haters now have become Campbell defenders just for the sake of trying to tarnish Cutler even more?

You guys got what you wanted, he's out of here. I don't understand why you insist on trying to "prove to everybody" just how bad Cutler was and how worthless he was going to be to this team.

Same thing is true for the rabid Cutler defenders...what's done is done.

Bowlen, McD, and Xanders are busy charting a course to get us to the promised land. It's way different than the path we originally imagined, but let's see where it takes us.

Sure, right now, between having a sh*tty (and now old as hell) defense, a murky situation at QB, our premier WR facing the threat of suspension, and losing 3 valued members of our scouting department (not counting Jeff Goodman), it's not looking good, but there's still a long way to go until opening day, and then after that there's a loooooong way to go until the season is over.

There's plenty of things worth discussing (ie draft) that are better than the in-fighting over the Cutler exodus and McD's fascism.
no one is denying what cutler does on the field. its his leadership, his mentality, me-first attitude and temperament that we doubt, with very very good reason, and the reason he is no longer on this team.