The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default Another Mock draft

My mock draft as it stands right now with no trade would be

1 Beanie Wells Finally get a franchise RB
1 Brian Cushing Good LB to help in the front 7
2 Jarron Gilbert Good DE to bolster the line
3 Eric Wood Big strong Center that sets the line up for years to come
3 Alex Magee DT who could become a good DE in a 3-4
4 Terrance Taylor or Sammie Lee Hill NT, one or the other will be good
5 Brandon Tate Need a return man to keep Royal fresh
6 Rhett Bomar Late round QB for McDaniels to groom
7 Zach Potter Another DE. i am of the mind of getting a lot of line help
7 Frantz Joseph Adds depth to the LB corps

in my mock the only trade i would want to make, would be sending the Alex Magee 3rd rounder to Cleveland for Shaun Rodgers. it is good compensation for a guy who doesn't want to play in Clevelan and it addresses the biggest need our defense has right now

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 04-04-2009 at 08:51 PM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,228
Default

Can we dispense with the insults on McDs name? That just simply detracts from any legitimacy in your thinking you may have had.

As to your mock, not bad, and I would do the Cleveland trade. Don't know if Cleveland would do it.

Appreciate the effort except for the little juvie slip on the name calling.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
My mock draft as it stands right now with no trade would be

1 Beanie Wells Finally get a franchise RB
1 Brian Cushing Good LB to help in the front 7
2 Jarron Gilbert Good DE to bolster the line
3 Eric Wood Big strong Center that sets the line up for years to come
3 Alex Magee DT who could become a good DE in a 3-4
4 Terrance Taylor or Sammie Lee Hill NT, one or the other will be good
5 Brandon Tate Need a return man to keep Royal fresh
6 Rhett Bomar Late round QB for McDip**** to groom
7 Zach Potter Another DE. i am of the mind of getting a lot of line help
7 Frantz Joseph Adds depth to the LB corps

in my mock the only trade i would want to make, would be sending the Alex Magee 3rd rounder to Cleveland for Shaun Rodgers. it is good compensation for a guy who doesn't want to play in Clevelan and it addresses the biggest need our defense has right now
Im not big on Cushing but I would be happy if that were our draft. I really like the Frantz Joseph pick. I also had him in one of my recent mocks. I think the QB is more likely going to be Nate Davis or Mike Reilly though.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

BTW, for what its worth, Rogers is upset at Mangini for reasons that seem similar to Cutlers reason (at least partly) for not liking McDaniels. Rogers was upset because a lack of communication with Mangini, which almost seemed like the familiar ploy to treat him like "the player". It seemed Rogers wanted some rapport and acknowledgement and Mangini's MO rubbed him the wrong way. At least thats what I remember hearing a few weeks back. If thats true, then getting Rogers might be problematic for the same reason given Josh's lack of skill in dealing with players.

But on the other hand, maybe there would be more give and take between McDaniels and Rogers after what theyve both been through. Its doubtful though.

While Cody doesnt seem like the biggest scholar, he does seem to really value what his coaches think. So he seems coachable and responsive to authority. In fact, he seems to want guidance. The guy dropped a lot of weight at Sabans request and then decided not to go pro so to get his weight under control. He leaned on Saban for this. I think this is great. Thats just one more year of that guy getting coached by one of the best in the business.

I look at it this way: our offense can be just as good as last year if we improve the running game and have more balance. And on defense, we may not be a finished product but can we really be worse than last year? Nolan alone should be a big improvement. So, Im willing to go with Fields along with using a low risk mid round pick on Taylor(or Hill) and then targeting Cody next year. I think if Cody is healthy and in good standing, we could really see our defense start to take shape. That dude is a two gapper just by breathing.

I would be cool with getting Rogers, although, Id be a little skeptical. But Id really like to hang in there one year and get Cody.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
BTW, for what its worth, Rogers is upset at Mangini for reasons that seem similar to Cutlers reason (at least partly) for not liking McDaniels. Rogers was upset because a lack of communication with Mangini, which almost seemed like the familiar ploy to treat him like "the player". It seemed Rogers wanted some rapport and acknowledgement and Mangini's MO rubbed him the wrong way. At least thats what I remember hearing a few weeks back. If thats true, then getting Rogers might be problematic for the same reason given Josh's lack of skill in dealing with players.
There were a few events at which both Mangini and Rogers attended that Mangini didn't even speak to Rogers at, that has been something of a piece of contention.

But the real problem that was initially reported was that when Mangini first took over and was having one on one meetings with multiple players on the team to discuss their role going forward he basically had a representative call Rogers up and say "lose some weight you fat ass fatty!"

Now maybe Rogers is sensitive about is weight. Or maybe he thinks the playing weight he was at last year when he was a force at NT for Cleveland is just a fine weight for him to be at. But the initial rub came down before the events where Mangini snubbed him, and was tied to them basically saying he was a lazy turd who needed to get in shape before the new boss had any desire to talk with him.

Either way, if he can be had for a 3rd I'd be interested, but nothing more.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
There were a few events at which both Mangini and Rogers attended that Mangini didn't even speak to Rogers at, that has been something of a piece of contention.

But the real problem that was initially reported was that when Mangini first took over and was having one on one meetings with multiple players on the team to discuss their role going forward he basically had a representative call Rogers up and say "lose some weight you fat ass fatty!"

Now maybe Rogers is sensitive about is weight. Or maybe he thinks the playing weight he was at last year when he was a force at NT for Cleveland is just a fine weight for him to be at. But the initial rub came down before the events where Mangini snubbed him, and was tied to them basically saying he was a lazy turd who needed to get in shape before the new boss had any desire to talk with him.

Either way, if he can be had for a 3rd I'd be interested, but nothing more.

That sounds familiar. Yeah, I wouldnt want to give up anything more than a 3rd for him. Actually, I may give up a 2nd for him if its between he and Brace. Im not totally convinced that Brace can play right away. Another thing that Ive become wary about is the fact that Brace is only getting a 2nd round grade in what is supposed to be a weak DT class. Next year seems like it will be a stronger class so their value shouldnt be as inflated as it is this year. Next year you have McCoy and Oghobaase also in the mix. But obviously, Id rather get Rogers for a 3rd than a 2nd.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
That sounds familiar. Yeah, I wouldnt want to give up anything more than a 3rd for him. Actually, I may give up a 2nd for him if its between he and Brace. Im not totally convinced that Brace can play right away. Another thing that Ive become wary about is the fact that Brace is only getting a 2nd round grade in what is supposed to be a weak DT class. Next year seems like it will be a stronger class so their value shouldnt be as inflated as it is this year. Next year you have McCoy and Oghobaase also in the mix. But obviously, Id rather get Rogers for a 3rd than a 2nd.
we could try conditional pick for Rodgers. a 3rd that can become a 2nd next season if he reaches certain amount of playing time. and if we get a mid round guy and with Fields we can limit his time on the field and keep it as a 3rd rounder.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Can we dispense with the insults on McDs name? That just simply detracts from any legitimacy in your thinking you may have had.

As to your mock, not bad, and I would do the Cleveland trade. Don't know if Cleveland would do it.

Appreciate the effort except for the little juvie slip on the name calling.....
apologies all around. i have changed the insult on his name. and i agree, time to move on and move past the name calling. i still hate him but will be more mature about it.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,228
Default

Thank you.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:07 AM   #10
Elway777
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,886
Default

I would give up a 2 rounder and Sheffler for Rodgers.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #11
chanesaw
Ring of Famer
 
chanesaw's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,237

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Can we dispense with the insults on McDs name? That just simply detracts from any legitimacy in your thinking you may have had.

As to your mock, not bad, and I would do the Cleveland trade. Don't know if Cleveland would do it.

Appreciate the effort except for the little juvie slip on the name calling.....

Actually I prefer McDip****
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,228
Default

Right. You already use a dumpy, dipstick name for yourself, and you need to drag everyone else down with you?

It just seems to me that people here need to grow up sometime. Now these "great traumatic" events (the "loss" of Shanahan, McD and Culter's Move) should be a life changing events for the immature. Hope you can take advantage of it.......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
I would give up a 2 rounder and Sheffler for Rodgers.
i think that is too much. maybe Scheff and a late rounder for Rodgers, or a 3rd rounder alone, or a conditional pick for next season a 3rd that can become a 2nd if he reaches playing time requirements or certain stats.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
My mock draft as it stands right now with no trade would be

1 Beanie Wells Finally get a franchise RB
1 Brian Cushing Good LB to help in the front 7
2 Jarron Gilbert Good DE to bolster the line
3 Eric Wood Big strong Center that sets the line up for years to come
3 Alex Magee DT who could become a good DE in a 3-4
4 Terrance Taylor or Sammie Lee Hill NT, one or the other will be good
5 Brandon Tate Need a return man to keep Royal fresh
6 Rhett Bomar Late round QB for McDaniels to groom
7 Zach Potter Another DE. i am of the mind of getting a lot of line help
7 Frantz Joseph Adds depth to the LB corps

in my mock the only trade i would want to make, would be sending the Alex Magee 3rd rounder to Cleveland for Shaun Rodgers. it is good compensation for a guy who doesn't want to play in Clevelan and it addresses the biggest need our defense has right now
I don't understand the Wells pick. The Broncos don't need a big power RB, they already have that. If they get a RB, it's gonna be a smaller, more explosive runner who can break the big plays.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I don't understand the Wells pick. The Broncos don't need a big power RB, they already have that. If they get a RB, it's gonna be a smaller, more explosive runner who can break the big plays.
Wells is explosive. he has the speed to break long runs and the power to get tough yards. he is the best of both worlds. i am tired of these smaller backs who can't take the pounding.

and with Hillis, who even knows how much he will touch the ball, with McDaniels bringing in 3 guys to take his job.

if it were definite that Hillis was the starter i wouldn't even want to draft a back
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Wells is explosive. he has the speed to break long runs and the power to get tough yards. he is the best of both worlds. i am tired of these smaller backs who can't take the pounding.

and with Hillis, who even knows how much he will touch the ball, with McDaniels bringing in 3 guys to take his job.

if it were definite that Hillis was the starter i wouldn't even want to draft a back
Point being, Broncos don't need Wells and Hillis is more of a proven commodity than Wells at this point. Also, Wells doesn't catch balls out of the backfield, OSU did not throw to him. Why would the Broncos take Wells over a guy like Moreno? Wells just doesn't make sense right now.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #17
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
OSU did not throw to him. Why would the Broncos take Wells over a guy like Moreno? Wells just doesn't make sense right now.
Now that's a damm fine point.....

I think the Broncos will get offers for the 12 slot. What they get would depend on which offer they take and how they maximize the pick. I am not sure Sanchez will not be at 12, and the Bucs would give up a boatload of picks to get him if the Broncos chose. Also the Jets would watch the 12 spot as well. So I don't think Wells is in the picture for Denver unless he is the object of a trade........

Very interesting times, draft day could be ......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Now that's a damm fine point.....

I think the Broncos will get offers for the 12 slot. What they get would depend on which offer they take and how they maximize the pick. I am not sure Sanchez will not be at 12, and the Bucs would give up a boatload of picks to get him if the Broncos chose. Also the Jets would watch the 12 spot as well. So I don't think Wells is in the picture for Denver unless he is the object of a trade........

Very interesting times, draft day could be ......
i think even if we ended up moving back to around 20 on the probablitity Stafford or Sanchez fall or a LT is a need for a team behind us, there is a good chance the Wells last until that time anyway. and if he is there at 20, i can't see how we can possibly even think of not taking him. the value there would be incredible.

i am looking at this draft in a way that i think the guys who could help us most are going to go top 10 and we should take BPA, and at 12, i think Wells is the best there is. especially with a muddled situation at QB, we could use a really good RB and Wells is the best in this draft
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #19
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i think even if we ended up moving back to around 20 on the probablitity Stafford or Sanchez fall or a LT is a need for a team behind us, there is a good chance the Wells last until that time anyway. and if he is there at 20, i can't see how we can possibly even think of not taking him. the value there would be incredible.

i am looking at this draft in a way that i think the guys who could help us most are going to go top 10 and we should take BPA, and at 12, i think Wells is the best there is. especially with a muddled situation at QB, we could use a really good RB and Wells is the best in this draft
True, plus we have a boatload of picks but an inexperienced FO drafting players. We should not try to be too cute. When we have a chance to get a good player who can help us (especially this year) we should take him.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #20
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
True, plus we have a boatload of picks but an inexperienced FO drafting players. We should not try to be too cute. When we have a chance to get a good player who can help us (especially this year) we should take him.
exactly. considering the inexperience of the staff, it would be in the best interest to go after guys who are most likely to succeed instead of gambling on players simply because they fit a position of need
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #21
UboBronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 354
Default

If Sanchez or Raji is available at 12.... that would be our pick. If both are gone, we should shop the pick to the Jets or Tampa, for their first and a 3rd, so they can fight out for Josh Freeman. We then have one more choice to find a defensive player, and save some $ in the first round. We need lots of players, so an extra pick would be awesome.
UboBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UboBronco View Post
If Sanchez or Raji is available at 12.... that would be our pick. If both are gone, we should shop the pick to the Jets or Tampa, for their first and a 3rd, so they can fight out for Josh Freeman. We then have one more choice to find a defensive player, and save some $ in the first round. We need lots of players, so an extra pick would be awesome.
I agree. If there's not somebody there the Broncos really want at 12, it's the perfect spot for Freeman to go. Let some of the teams hold an auction. Seems like McD is pretty cool in negotiations. Imagine having three firsts and another third!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I agree. If there's not somebody there the Broncos really want at 12, it's the perfect spot for Freeman to go. Let some of the teams hold an auction. Seems like McD is pretty cool in negotiations. Imagine having three firsts and another third!
not only just for Freeman, but for teams who want to snag one of the last available 1st round OT.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Denver Broncos