The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Looking ahead to 2010

OK, I realize some people become exasperated when they see people looking ahead to future drafts but given our current state of affairs, it might have a little more wieght since we have more draft picks and also because some perceive our QBs to be stop gaps. Also there are those who feel we are in rebuild mode. So, I thought it would be worth some discussion kicking off a thread about 2010.

Ive previously stated that we need to avoid Raji and target Cody next year.

Also, here is a QB prospect that will be available next year:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...144&CID=813060
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I wonder if Raji realizes how much money that doobie cost him?
I say don't pay the big bucks for a 1st round rookie QB, take a chance on one in a later round.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Cody, Tebow, and Mays are guys I would love to go after next year.
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I wonder if Raji realizes how much money that doobie cost him?
I say don't pay the big bucks for a 1st round rookie QB, take a chance on one in a later round.
I read the NFL states no drug test results yet releases. Maybe he didn't test positive. Is that + test confirmed now? or are we just assuming where there is smoke there is fire?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I read the NFL states no drug test results yet releases. Maybe he didn't test positive. Is that + test confirmed now? or are we just assuming where there is smoke there is fire?
I think they said that teams arent actually notified of positive drug tests until a week or so before the draft. But it seems likely there is a leak. Couple that with the fact tha Raji pissed hot at BC and it seems highly likely. Theres a chance it could be wrong though.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=4037535
Old 04-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

With that much money on the line, why would Raji get anywhere near the stuff. The guy has all the talent but I smell Ricky Williams.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
AbileneBroncoFan
Pro Bowler

Do your job.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
Cody could be available to us with our highest pick. Mays, Berry, and/or Rolle will probably be available with our 2nd first rounder. Tebow will be available with our 3rd rounder. I don't want to go anywhere near the guy. To the OP, LeFevour could be a legitimate option. I'm still in the McCoy/Bradford camp, but all 3 have a year to show us they can do the job. Tebow does not have enough skill at throwing the ball to run a pass heavy offense in the NFL.
AbileneBroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
OK, I realize some people become exasperated when they see people looking ahead to future drafts but given our current state of affairs, it might have a little more wieght since we have more draft picks and also because some perceive our QBs to be stop gaps. Also there are those who feel we are in rebuild mode. So, I thought it would be worth some discussion kicking off a thread about 2010.

Also, here is a QB prospect that will be available next year:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...144&CID=813060
Some of us are old and getting older by the minute. I would like to see a great team again before i die. Thank you !!!!
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #10
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Why would Denver draft a TE in the 1st next year?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Dan LeFevour is a personal favorite of mine.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #12
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Quote:
Lemme ask you Lex, did you by any chance watch the Sugar Bowl? How many plays did Cody make against a far inferior OL in Utah? The guy has bust written all over him, he NEVER showed up for the most improtant game of his college career.

I dont get how so many people are so high on Cody, the kid is not that good.
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyNatural View Post
Lemme ask you Lex, did you by any chance watch the Sugar Bowl? How many plays did Cody make against a far inferior OL in Utah? The guy has bust written all over him, he NEVER showed up for the most improtant game of his college career.

I dont get how so many people are so high on Cody, the kid is not that good.
Actually, I missed the Sugar Bowl. But Utahs biggest weapon was the pass. In the pros, you need to clamp down on the run. The guy occupies two blocks just by waking up in the morning. I watch a lot of SEC during the season though and he's formiddable presence to run against.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #14
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Quote:
Actually, I missed the Sugar Bowl. But Utahs biggest weapon was the pass. In the pros, you need to clamp down on the run. The guy occupies two blocks just by waking up in the morning. I watch a lot of SEC during the season though and he's formiddable presence to run against.
The kid is big, thats it. I watched him in four games and he had a total of 9 tackles. Now if you want a space plugger, I could see that, but if you are looking for any technique or a nose for the ball, you are looking in the wrong direction.
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #15
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyNatural View Post
The kid is big, thats it. I watched him in four games and he had a total of 9 tackles. Now if you want a space plugger, I could see that, but if you are looking for any technique or a nose for the ball, you are looking in the wrong direction.
As a nose tackle, its his job to occupy blocks and free up the LBs. As I said, this guy occupies blockers like most people breathe. He doesnt need to make plays to have value.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Why would Denver draft a TE in the 1st next year?
I think he will be a very good pro QB. I know some people doubt that and say he will have to play a different position, but I disagree. I predict he will be the best QB in the class
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #17
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

I would much rather draft a QB in the future drafts rather than this years draft, you have Sanchez, who is very very raw. Only one full season in the College game as a starter. The success rate for underclassmen with that kind of experience is extremely low.

I would rather take a chance on a guy in the McCoy/Bradford mold who have will have more experience under their belts. Carson Palmer turned out the way he did because he stayed longer at U$C and Leinart bombed out because he is very limited in his talents. Sanchez has some talent, but he would have been smarter to wait another year...his old coach Pete, who was very unhappy, because he knows Sanchez will likely bomb out.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #18
AbileneBroncoFan
Pro Bowler

Do your job.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
I think he will be a very good pro QB. I know some people doubt that and say he will have to play a different position, but I disagree. I predict he will be the best QB in the class
And I'm sure you said Vick would be better than Brees. Tebow cannot throw the ball well enough to be consistently successful in the NFL. Period. Heart and trucking people don't complete a lot of passes in the NFL on 3rd and 8.

Bradford and McCoy will both be superior NFL QBs to Tebow. How good they will be remains to be seen, but it's not hard to be superior to a guy that can't play the position. That being said, the evaluation is incomplete, and Tebow has another year to improve his passing. It would take dramatic improvement, but it's possible. As of today, however, he isn't in the same class as the other 2 in the passing game.
AbileneBroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Dan LeFevour is a personal favorite of mine.
He is excellent player. If he continues to grow he will a 1st rounder
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post
I would much rather draft a QB in the future drafts rather than this years draft, you have Sanchez, who is very very raw. Only one full season in the College game as a starter. The success rate for underclassmen with that kind of experience is extremely low.

I would rather take a chance on a guy in the McCoy/Bradford mold who have will have more experience under their belts. Carson Palmer turned out the way he did because he stayed longer at U$C and Leinart bombed out because he is very limited in his talents. Sanchez has some talent, but he would have been smarter to wait another year...his old coach Pete, who was very unhappy, because he knows Sanchez will likely bomb out.
Sanchez with the 13 is possible though. True he is inexperienced but also strong arm, mobile, smart, accurate, everything Mcdaniles wants in a qb.

Also Sanchez a local boy, I have met him, he's very engaging and personable. Saw him play a few games in HS and he was a man among boys obviously. What impressed me even then though was how well he could audible. I think he would be a great fit.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post

naw he was pissed because it hurts USC chances the following yr. He wanted him to do the play the senior yr for the title thing and Sanchez decided he would be better off coming out. If he goes top 15 he is right IMO.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #22
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I predict that what we think our needs right now are will not look remotely like they will in 2010.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Draft defense in 2009. Try to trade down with our later first round pick to about #22 or so and pick up a high 2nd next year. Going into 2010 I would like to see us field 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks. Getting Bradford is a must. Many experts don't feel like the 2009 1st round talent is all that amazing and 2010 should be better.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-05-2009 at 05:19 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #24
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I predict that what we think our needs right now are will not look remotely like they will in 2010.
Good prediction.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #25
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer

I root for laundry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbileneBroncoFan View Post
Cody could be available to us with our highest pick. Mays, Berry, and/or Rolle will probably be available with our 2nd first rounder. Tebow will be available with our 3rd rounder. I don't want to go anywhere near the guy. To the OP, LeFevour could be a legitimate option. I'm still in the McCoy/Bradford camp, but all 3 have a year to show us they can do the job. Tebow does not have enough skill at throwing the ball to run a pass heavy offense in the NFL.
Taylor Mays? Second-round pick? Try top 10.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote