The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Default My wish mock...and my more realistic mock

First, here is what I would love to happen...all depends on where LeSean McCoy would go. I do understand, however, that 1) McCoy could be a Cardinal in rd 1 and 2) an early RB isn't likely in the mix so the second is my mock which may be a bit more realistic.

WISH LIST
1A-Everette Brown, OLB, Florida State
1B-Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
2-LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt
3A-Dorell Scott, NT, Clemson
3B-Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
4-Chris Clemons, S, Clemson
5-Quan Cosby, WR, Texas
6-Zach Potter, DE, Nebraska
7A-AQ Shipley, C, Penn State
7B-Ian Johnson, RB, Boise, State

VERSION 2
1A-Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
1B-Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
2-Ron Brace, NT, Boston College
3A-Sean Smith, DB, Utah...some like him to climb, but I still think he isn't an early guy
4-Andre Brown, RB, North Carolina State
5-Quan Cosby, WR, Texas
6-Zach Potter, DE, Nebraska
7A-AQ Shipley, C, Penn State
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i am not high at all on McCoy. to small, and not a feature back, at best he is a change of pace guy, and not worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. i rank him behind Wells, Jennings, Greene, Moreno and Brown in that order.

i see Everett Brown and just think of Jarvis Moss with more defensive moves
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

McCoy is a badass. He carried Pitt even when everyone knew he was their only weapon. He was the #1 RB recruit in the nation his senior year for a reason and didn't disappoint when he broke some dude name Dorsett's records at Pitt. He is undoubtedly a feature back in the NFL.

I don't disagree about Everette brown. He is arguably the BEST RB in this draft w/ wells and Moreno.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27atwater View Post
McCoy is a badass. He carried Pitt even when everyone knew he was their only weapon. He was the #1 RB recruit in the nation his senior year for a reason and didn't disappoint when he broke some dude name Dorsett's records at Pitt. He is undoubtedly a feature back in the NFL.

I don't disagree about Everette brown. He is arguably the BEST RB in this draft w/ wells and Moreno.
McCoy seems too much like Ced Benson. He plays against weaker competition and only averaged 4.8 per carry and that was even the case when Otah was blocking for him. It was a similar story with Benson at Texas when he barely averaged 5.0 per carry in spite of his team being more talented than 90% of the teams they played against.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

1A-Jeremy Maclin, WR Mizzou
1B-C!ay Mathews, OLB USC
2-Ziggy Hood, DE (3-4), Mizzou
5-Quan Cosby, WR, Texas
6-Curtis Painter, QB, Purdue
7A-Chris Ogbonnaya, RB, Texas

IF Everette Brown falls to #12 I'd be fine with him at 12 and Percy Harvin at 18. In fact, I would prefer that b/c I think Harvin would present a similar skillset as Kevin Faulk. He's not the blocker, but he is willing and capable... just will take some time to develop and recognize where the pressure is coming from.

Loved the middle rounds of Scott, Brinkley, Clemons, and Crosby. Too bad they are all such big needs b/c I'd love to fit Woods in there somehow too.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
Paladin
Ring of Famer

If Sheffler fetches a third, I'd like to see Freeman in Denver.......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
1A-Jeremy Maclin, WR Mizzou
1B-C!ay Mathews, OLB USC
2-Ziggy Hood, DE (3-4), Mizzou
5-Quan Cosby, WR, Texas
6-Curtis Painter, QB, Purdue
7A-Chris Ogbonnaya, RB, Texas

IF Everette Brown falls to #12 I'd be fine with him at 12 and Percy Harvin at 18. In fact, I would prefer that b/c I think Harvin would present a similar skillset as Kevin Faulk. He's not the blocker, but he is willing and capable... just will take some time to develop and recognize where the pressure is coming from.

Loved the middle rounds of Scott, Brinkley, Clemons, and Crosby. Too bad they are all such big needs b/c I'd love to fit Woods in there somehow too.
I'd be happy with that
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

12 - T. Jackson
18 - Barwin
2 - Ziggy Hood
3 - Eric Wood
3 (2) - Jasper Brinkly
4 - Mike Thomas
5 - Zach Follet
6 - Bomar
7 - no clue
5 -
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I don't like Mccoy, he has the production, but his numbers won't translate well, he suffers from that deadly combination of being small and slow.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i am not high at all on McCoy. to small, and not a feature back, at best he is a change of pace guy, and not worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. i rank him behind Wells, Jennings, Greene, Moreno and Brown in that order.

i see Everett Brown and just think of Jarvis Moss with more defensive moves
I don't understand this comparison, and is it meant as a bad thing? Jarvis Moss with some moves would be awesome, and physically there's no similarity whatsoever.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I think we go with 2 DL, 1 LB, 1 RB and 1 DB in the first 3 rounds.

1a. Malcolm Jenkins
1b. Robert Ayers
2. Donald Brown
3a. Paul Kruger
3b. Dorell Scott
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
I don't understand this comparison, and is it meant as a bad thing? Jarvis Moss with some moves would be awesome, and physically there's no similarity whatsoever.
it doesn't matter how many rush moves Moss has, he has no strength and because of that will never be anything in this league.

i just don't think Brown is a guy who is going to come in and have success. he may become a 5 sack a year guy. but he isn't going to be a badass.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Actually when I watch Everette Brown I think Jarvis Moss too for some reason. Not sure what it is b/c as PRB pointed out, it's definitely not physical body types. Brown has more moves too and seems to close like a leopard! Still, for whatever reason that is who has been popping into my mind when I see Brown. FWIW, I still think Moss is a lot better than people give him credit for. He's not been developed and that is a big part of his problem. Two different systems in two years. It gets old defending the guy and if he was a true stud he would show it no matter the system... but I still have faith the guy can play.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #14
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Brown is better than Orakpo IMO. I would love to land him at 12. I think he's got a Freeney like burst off the ball and is very explosive.

Still, I think he's gone before 12.

Tyson Jackson is at 1a for me and Michael Johnson is at 1b. Josh McDaniels already said that he's looking to increase the size on the lines. These two guys immensely outgrow those around them.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #15
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

OL in rd1
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #16
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Brown is better than Orakpo IMO. I would love to land him at 12. I think he's got a Freeney like burst off the ball and is very explosive.

Still, I think he's gone before 12.

Tyson Jackson is at 1a for me and Michael Johnson is at 1b. Josh McDaniels already said that he's looking to increase the size on the lines. These two guys immensely outgrow those around them.
Michael Johnson scares me. Freakish athlete with weak production. Still, he has Julian Peterson like upside!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

I completely disagree about McCoy. I've watched him closely from day 1. He's not too small and he's not too slow. I'm betting you all haven't even seen him play. He is only 5 lbs lighter than Brown, who everyone is jocking right now cuz the "experts" need subscribers to keep buying their "updated" rankings and he's faster than both Moreno and Wells. Not a blazer, but undoubtedly fast enough. Add to that the fact that he had the flu at the combine...for all you combine lovers who think that workouts in shorts make the man. His vision and shiftiness is incredible and he knows how to run. Trust me...Pitt had NOTHING outside of McCoy. Dude put the ball in the endzone 35 times in 2 years and 4.8 ypc is just fine considering this isn't a video game. He is a great running back.

As far as his size is concerned, he as big as Wells. He also doesn't have the body of Adonis. It doesn't mean he isn't strong. His body has never been one of those that have that chiseled look. Doesn't mean he's soft or weak.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by 27atwater; 04-05-2009 at 09:54 AM..
Old 04-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #18
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I also like McCoy, I wouldn't be against him in round 2. I think he's a great prospect. Nice hands out of the backfield too. He probably needs to work on his pass blocking and ultimately, whether he holds up in this league depends on him adding weight.

He reminds me a lot of Clinton Portis coming out of college and I think his future is very bright on the next level.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #19
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
Michael Johnson scares me. Freakish athlete with weak production. Still, he has Julian Peterson like upside!
I mean, he scares me a little bit. Not as much as guys that are being thrown out there in the middle of the 1st round like Maualuga, Mathews, Ayers, Freeman or Moreno.

I think Johnson is the type of player that has a huge ceiling and also a high floor. At worst, in the 3-4, he's gonna be a serviceable 4-5 year starter with the chance to be a multiple pro bowler a la Karlos Dansby. I think his range would be a huge acquisition at the SAM spot in the 3-4 defense and if we flip around and still play the 4-3, he could play base end. His length and athletic ability is going to give him a tremendous advantage moving forward.

Just my opinion but it's VERY hard to find 6'7", 270 lb guys that can run like him and play multiple positions like he probably can.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #20
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

There have been a lot of "rumors" going around that McCoy is actually the top RB on several teams boards right now. He'd be great for us. Honestly, I wouldn't mind his value at #18 if Wells and Moreno weren't on board.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
There have been a lot of "rumors" going around that McCoy is actually the top RB on several teams boards right now. He'd be great for us. Honestly, I wouldn't mind his value at #18 if Wells and Moreno weren't on board.
I hate Moreno as a prospect. Even more so now that people are trying to peg him around the #15 selection. If I was in a war room, Knowshon would be lucky if he was slotted in the 2nd round by me. Reason? He runs high, he's too east and west, jukin and jiving and he's slow for his narrow frame. What does that translate to? A guy having many injuries fighting for yardage and a frame that won't be able to take the punishment. Not good.

Beanie Wells is intriguing. He's one of the fastest football players on the field in terms of "FOOTBALL SPEED". I don't care what he times out with on pro days or whatever. I've seen him blow by guys from Michigan, LSU, Florida... if you can run by those guys, you can get by NFL guys. He's a poor man's version of Jamal Lewis.... or maybe he's not a poor man's version at all. I think he'll be better in the pro's and IMO, should be the #1 back on the board, any teams board.

I'm very high on McCoy, always have been for the reasons listed above. He's got some growth to do but he could be a great weapon for a team in a year or two. He's just a baby. Is he even 21 yet? Look at his stats though. Pretty impressive with low milage. I like that.

Donald Brown is rising up my draft board along with many others. He's more of a finished product vs. McCoy but not as versatile. He isn't very good catching the ball out of the backfield. He's more of a classic Broncos back under Shanahan. He gets better, the more carries he's gets and has some long speed. Good prospect.

I love Andre Brown as a fit for McDaniels offense. He's had various injuries during his career but when he's healthy, he's a workhorse that can catch and run. He's a 80/50 guy per game. 80 yds rushing to move the chains and will play on third down and bring in about 50 yds rec. I would be stoked to land him in the 3rd round.

A great mock to me without any weird trading scenarios which could happen would be:

1a. Tyson Jackson - DL - LSU (SIZE SIZE SIZE ON DEFENSE!)
1b. Michael Johnson - SAM/DE - GTech(SIZE!)
2. Will Moore - FS Mizzou (SIZE BABY!)
3a. Andre Brown - HB NCState (Versatile HB which is needed)
3b. Jasper Brinkley - ILB uSC (SIZE BABY!)
4. Adam Levitre - OG OSU (MAYBE GONE)/Austin Collie - WR BYU(Levitre is awesome, most likely got by 3rd round though. Collie is a sleeper pick from BYU. Won't run a blazing 40 but is supremely quick.)
5. Terrence Taylor - NT Michigan (Vastly underated after coming back for senior year and getting Rodriquezed in the 3-3-5)
6. Joe Burnett - CB - UCF(love this guy, compares to Asante Samuel also from UCF)
7a.Chase Patton - QB - Mizzou (Backed up the other Chase, better pro potential)
7b.Will Davis - OLB - Illinois (I love this guys burst.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: