The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default A Mile High House Divided

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=481052485
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

interesting
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I always love those photos.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

I'm done with my b****ing time to move on go Ort
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I'm done with my b****ing time to move on go Ort
I haven't been on this board for a long time. I knew once the 2008 season when downhill and they lost their last 4 games and didn't make the playoffs that the anger and discontent in here (and rightfully so I might add) would be too much for me to get involved in and I'd probably make a first class ass out of myself again. So that's why I've stayed away.

I've tried very hard not to unload so many hateful rants. Today though I'm still very upset about this Cutler trade, right or wrong. The Broncos have taken a step back IMO and it may be several years before they can recover.

I think McD is a "Dead Man Walking" and by the time his 3 year contract expires he'll be out of a job. Negative thinking I know but that's the way I see it.

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 04-04-2009 at 10:50 AM..
Old 04-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

This article by Krieger of the Denver Post pretty much nails my feelings on the Cutler trade.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12060312

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 04-04-2009 at 11:06 AM..
Old 04-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Dead Man walking won't be what you will be saying in 3 years. Good riddance glad they stopped playing Cutlers childish games.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Dead Man walking won't be what you will be saying in 3 years. Good riddance glad they stopped playing Cutlers childish games.
I truly want to believe your right but I think McD giving this sorry divorce from Cutler will have a hell of a lot to prove to me. I never thought his hiring was a good idea to begin with.

We should have gone after a defensive coach and people who believe that Nolan will be the guy to save McD’s a$$ must be in an orange fog.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #9
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

People need to quit acting like the Broncos were some kind of glorious thing with Cutler. They were a mediocre team and an embarrassment with him. Yes it's mostly on the defense but when he had chances to win games with his arm he consistently failed. And before you bring up the exceptions, he nearly blew the San Diego game with a back to back red zone pick and unforced fumble (before Hochuli bailed him out) and Cleveland was a team that was making a habit of blowing games late.

The Broncos had a lot of work to do with or without Cutler. The moping and crying about Cutler being gone would be a bit more rational if he had proven more than he did while he was here.

But let's get real for a moment. This is ALL Cutler was when he was here: A kid with a golden arm who could occasionally dazzle, when he wasn't making bone headed mistakes. His golden arm and a couple of dazzling games bought him a ticket to a Pro Bowl he didn't deserve. So now he's regarded as an established "Pro Bowl Quarterback" when all he really was was a promising guy who we were all waiting to see put it together, if his cockiness, petulance and immaturity didn't get in the way of making him understand he had to work harder to improve.

I think the Broncos have just as good a chance of being okay without that as with it.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
People need to quit acting like the Broncos were some kind of glorious thing with Cutler. They were a mediocre team and an embarrassment with him. Yes it's mostly on the defense but when he had chances to win games with his arm he consistently failed. And before you bring up the exceptions, he nearly blew the San Diego game with a back to back red zone pick and unforced fumble (before Hochuli bailed him out) and Cleveland was a team that was making a habit of blowing games late.

The Broncos had a lot of work to do with or without Cutler. The moping and crying about Cutler being gone would be a bit more rational if he had proven more than he did while he was here.

But let's get real for a moment. This is ALL Cutler was when he was here: A kid with a golden arm who could occasionally dazzle, when he wasn't making bone headed mistakes. His golden arm and a couple of dazzling games bought him a ticket to a Pro Bowl he didn't deserve. So now he's regarded as an established "Pro Bowl Quarterback" when all he really was was a promising guy who we were all waiting to see put it together, if his cockiness, petulance and immaturity didn't get in the way of making him understand he had to work harder to improve.

I think the Broncos have just as good a chance of being okay without that as with it.

and those "dazzling plays" also occurred when he had all day to throw, choose what side of the field to go to, and hit an open guy.

Ain't gonna happen in Chi-town...man, they're talking so much bull there I just laugh. A golden era? Just like that? I like the highlight clips they keep showing of Cutler, it basically looks like the same play over and over.

Shanahan = established offensive system geared to yardage and points

Bears= have no clue about qbs, still go on and on about a mediocre Luckman 50 years ago

I've got the NFL package. I can't wait to see Cutler scream at Hester for dropping an easy bomb, or those club footed receivers who can't get separation.

That is, when he ain't running for his life or being stepped on by his center.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote