The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Default 2009 and 2010 mock draft with 4 All Pros in first round

The Broncos trade our 12 plus a 3 rounder for the 8 pick.
The Broncos trade Dumervil plus our 48 pick for Bengals 2 rounder
The Broncos trade Sheffler for a 3 rounder.
The Broncos trade Crowder for a 6 rounder

8. Raji, will be a All Pro nose tackle some day.
18 Beanie Wells, Franchise All Pro Rb
2. Conner Barwin , the Broncos move up to get their Sam
3a. Alex Magee, Sould make a solid 3-4 De
3b Shawn Nelson. replaces Sheffler
4. David Burton, hugh upside at safety
5. Jarrett Dillard, 41 inch vertical plus almost a 11 ft broad jump and great hands
6a Phillip Hunt, fall because only 6 ft
6b Nate Davis, Huge arm plus quick release
7a Cecil Newton, small scool center that can run block
7b Wopano Osaisai

2010 mock
1a Gerald McCoy, All pro 3-4 De
1b Rolando McClain, All pro Ted Linebacker
2. Eric Norwood, will fight for the rush linebacker spot
3. Marshawn Gilyard, Orton now has Marshall, Royal, Dillard Gilyard ,and Nelson to throw too
4. Zac Robinson, has a 66% completion plus throw for almost 10 yards per pass attempted. Prefect system Qb for Mcidiot
5a Keenon Clayton, SS for the Broncos that plays linebacker and forced 6 fumbles
5b Daryll Clark,another System Qb with low amount of int and high yard per completion with stong arm. Maybe Robinson or Clark will become the next Braddy.
6.Keiland Williams,bronco always draft a back
7a Kyle Callaway, 2 team all american offensive tackle from Iowa

The Broncos build a nasty front 7 with Magee, Raji, McCoy, Barwin, McCain, Williams and Norwood all from the Draft
They also added a Franchise back with 3 great receivers in Gilyard, Dillard and Nelson.
Maybe Nate Davis,Zac Robinson or Daryl Clark will work out as Qb.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

We know what we have in Dumervil, Sheffler and Crowder. It's so easy to look at some draft profiles and write, "Nelson replaces Sheffler." Really? Nelson could be a total bomb. None of these guys have played a lick in the NFL. Going into the draft, looking at those lists of names, you always have to keep the thought in the back of your head, "More than half these guys won't cut it in the NFL, no matter how high they're picked." Dumervil might not have a position in this new D, but I'll leave that for Nolan to figure out. Given how he plays, and his proven record, I wouldn't trade him unless there was no other choice. The guy can play. So can Sheffler. If I was a GM, I'd have major misgivings about Raji. I question whether his head is on right.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 04-04-2009 at 07:57 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
Elway777
Ring of Famer

I now that Dumervil is a great pass rusher but he cann't cover anybody or cann't tackle in the run game. I fill if the Broncos go for Raji and Wells in the first round then then still need a Sam. In order to move up in second round then you have to give up something. I would be ok with keeping Sheffler if he still wants to play for Broncos.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
I now that Dumervil is a great pass rusher but he cann't cover anybody or cann't tackle in the run game. I fill if the Broncos go for Raji and Wells in the first round then then still need a Sam. In order to move up in second round then you have to give up something. I would be ok with keeping Sheffler if he still wants to play for Broncos.
Dumervil will be an entirely different player if you let him pull back off the line as a WOLB, pass rushing linebacker.

He isntantly goes from very undersized to a bigger than average player. You can then let him drop a few pounds to increase his lateral agility. He won't be asked to cover heavily in the role either.

When Doom was a senior in college he was asked if he considered himself a 3-4 OLB at the next level, he said he thought he'd prefer to stay on the line closest to the QB and keep pass rushing. So he obviously wasn't an easy sell on our defensive changeover.

But recently he's said in media interviews that he is very amped up for the new direction the defense is taking. That to me implies that Nolan and the rest of the D staff have a very clear vision in mind for Dumervil's future, and have shared it with him.

He's very much like James Harrison in skill set. He could be that level of a pass rushing force in the 3-4.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

This is a very Madden-esque trade.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You keep mentioning McCoy as a 3-4 DE next year. McCoy's a true 4-3 DT, and a damn good one, but he's a penetrator, not a 3-4 DE that will stack the line. You'd have to move up so far to get him (probably top-5), that he wouldn't provide in value in our D.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattob14 View Post
You keep mentioning McCoy as a 3-4 DE next year. McCoy's a true 4-3 DT, and a damn good one, but he's a penetrator, not a 3-4 DE that will stack the line. You'd have to move up so far to get him (probably top-5), that he wouldn't provide in value in our D.
I think there's a decent chance Denver won't need to move up to get him if that's who they really want.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Dumervil will be an entirely different player if you let him pull back off the line as a WOLB, pass rushing linebacker.

He isntantly goes from very undersized to a bigger than average player. You can then let him drop a few pounds to increase his lateral agility. He won't be asked to cover heavily in the role either.

When Doom was a senior in college he was asked if he considered himself a 3-4 OLB at the next level, he said he thought he'd prefer to stay on the line closest to the QB and keep pass rushing. So he obviously wasn't an easy sell on our defensive changeover.

But recently he's said in media interviews that he is very amped up for the new direction the defense is taking. That to me implies that Nolan and the rest of the D staff have a very clear vision in mind for Dumervil's future, and have shared it with him.

He's very much like James Harrison in skill set. He could be that level of a pass rushing force in the 3-4.
That would be sweet. I don't want Doom going anywhere, but I was afraid he might.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Raji is really starting to make me nervous. First of all, it was questionable whether or not he is a true NT. Its not that he lacks the skill set but NTs also need to be willing to do the dirty work without the glory. Im not sure if Raji would be ok with taking up blocks since he is seems to want to get upfield. I dont know. Pat Kirwan says he's more of a one gapper. The senior bowl one on ones where he was so impressive was without a ball carrier. In such a scenario, the OL is purely at a disadvantage.

Also, now he has been popped for smoking weed. If that story is true, then he already has one strike against him. And if he has such a problem that he cant even not pass a piss test when he knows he has to take one, it doesnt bode well.

Maybe we should just focus on something else this year and go after Cody next year, even if we have to use both first next year to move up for him. But there are also a couple of other guys who might work. Next year seems a little more promising. Even if its because of an abundance of 4-3 DTs, that still doesnt over inflate the value of the comprarable 3-4 NTs, that are in the draft this year.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
I think there's a decent chance Denver won't need to move up to get him if that's who they really want.
Either way, do we really want to spend a top-5 pick on a 3-4 DE?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'm really hoping the Broncos find a way to snag Mount Cody next year.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #12
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm really hoping the Broncos find a way to snag Mount Cody next year.
With two 1sts, I think he's a Bronco if we want him.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

It's so easy to think people will be All Pro. But when you look at factual history, the odds are that only ONE of our 1st rounders over the next two years will ever make a Pro Bowl. In fact the odds are left at that. For every FIVE 1st round picks one will probably make a Pro Bowl in their CAREER... All Pro is even less.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #14
p7superfly
CHAMP IS THE TRUTH.

Born bleeding Orange & Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ WAR...D

Eff it. I'm for tanking for a year, and a PROPER re-build.

We could end up with a Crabtree at #12. If Raji slips, I think you grab him, weed test or not. And the glory? Just tell him he's our Richard Seymour, and the glory will come in 0's on your checks as the anchor of our defense.

Cody next year would be a coup. I'm totally cool with dropping off a cliff next season, get some more FA's, and use high draft choices.
p7superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7superfly View Post
Eff it. I'm for tanking for a year, and a PROPER re-build.

We could end up with a Crabtree at #12. If Raji slips, I think you grab him, weed test or not. And the glory? Just tell him he's our Richard Seymour, and the glory will come in 0's on your checks as the anchor of our defense.

Cody next year would be a coup. I'm totally cool with dropping off a cliff next season, get some more FA's, and use high draft choices.
He already knew he had money at stake when taking a urinalysis test at teh combine and he blew it. If he cant even pass a urinalysis test that he knew was coming with so much on the line, what makes you think incentives in the contract will work?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #16
p7superfly
CHAMP IS THE TRUTH.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ WAR...D

I don't knock him as much for it. It is stupid, but a lot of athletes smoke. It's a little insane to risk that much cash, but if it causes him to fall to 12? That joint was God working for us right there.

We need a 3-4 DT. Raji is the best talent to plug in. If he slips, we have to move on him.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #17
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't knock him as much for it. It is stupid, but a lot of athletes smoke. It's a little insane to risk that much cash, but if it causes him to fall to 12? That joint was God working for us right there.

We need a 3-4 DT. Raji is the best talent to plug in. If he slips, we have to move on him.
No, we cant afford to miss on these picks and Raji is too risky.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #18
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I don't kinow if he is the best talent. Maybe Brace is better......

I would rather see Wells at 12, Jackson at 18 and Brace at 48.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #19
p7superfly
CHAMP IS THE TRUTH.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ WAR...D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I don't kinow if he is the best talent. Maybe Brace is better......

I would rather see Wells at 12, Jackson at 18 and Brace at 48.....

This gets a thumbs up from me.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #20
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
in Nolan's offense, Doom will be used as a pass rusher only. he isn't going to be expected to drop into coverage much. and with time to react and without having to be man up with a OL he will probably be able to be a decent tackler in the running game.

i am against trading Doom at this point. he is the only guy on the roster who has shown any ability in getting to the QB, and as far as i am concerned is the only DE from last year that can make the transition to OLB in a 3-4.

i really don't like Raji, i would take Brace over him to be a NT. and i am on board with Wells. i have been calling for a good RB for years.

Also, with Barwin, as raw as he is, i don't like the idea of giving up so much in an effort to acquire him. if he is available when we are drafting, i am ok with taking a shot on him, but i don't want to trade anything to get into position to get him
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #21
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
in Nolan's offense, Doom will be used as a pass rusher only. he isn't going to be expected to drop into coverage much. and with time to react and without having to be man up with a OL he will probably be able to be a decent tackler in the running game.

i am against trading Doom at this point. he is the only guy on the roster who has shown any ability in getting to the QB, and as far as i am concerned is the only DE from last year that can make the transition to OLB in a 3-4.

i really don't like Raji, i would take Brace over him to be a NT. and i am on board with Wells. i have been calling for a good RB for years.

Also, with Barwin, as raw as he is, i don't like the idea of giving up so much in an effort to acquire him. if he is available when we are drafting, i am ok with taking a shot on him, but i don't want to trade anything to get into position to get him
I think we should go all out for Cody or a NT next year. At 48, we could possibly go with English, Barwin, Kruger, or Gilbert.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I think we should go all out for Cody or a NT next year. At 48, we could possibly go with English, Barwin, Kruger, or Gilbert.
i think we should send Chicago's 3rd rounder to Cleveland for Rodgers

and get someone like Hill in the middle rounds to be a backup to Rodgers at the NT position
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #23
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i think we should send Chicago's 3rd rounder to Cleveland for Rodgers

and get someone like Hill in the middle rounds to be a backup to Rodgers at the NT position
I would be ok with that. I guess Cleveland can get Raji to replace him. Id still kind of like to get Cody though. There is just no way that guy doesnt occupy two blocks at 350 lbs. Plus after another year of coaching under Saban, he should be a better player next year. The way I look at it is that the second #1 we got for Cutler could be the foundation of our defense for the future. Cody would be our Casey Hampton. Like I said, Im not averse to getting Rogers. But even if we do that, Id like to still get Cody depending on him being healthy and in good standing.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #24
p7superfly
CHAMP IS THE TRUTH.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ WAR...D

Cleveland would want more than a #3 for Rogers. I'd combine some picks for him.

Plus we could tank for Cody, and grab one of lots of QB's next year.

I think I am in love with Cody. He's as big as the back-flipping huge fatee from last year (Walter Thomas?), but actually a beast. Opposing C's would have nightmares, and our LB's would love him.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #25
COWBELL
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cutler

I am hoping we pick up Mays next year. That would be huge
COWBELL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: