The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Jake Plummer >>>>>>> Jay Cutler. Any questions.

How Jake was better than Cutler:

1) Jake put up better stats

2) Jake won more games

3) Jake was a real leader

4) Jake was a team player

5) Jake never had vagina-up the ass syndrome

6) Jake led this franchise to the AFC championship game; Cutler led this team, to, umm, urrrhh, umm, what did he lead us to?

In the end, you don't know what you got till its gone, do you? Remember how Jake led this team to a 7-4 record, and Jay the cult-arm god went 2-3 to finish the season and lose the game that could have gotten us into the playoffs against one of the worst teams in the league? Remember that? That wasn't a foreshadowing of things to come, right? Wrong.

The next season, Jay the cult-arm mopey god led us to a 7-9 record. But that couldn't have been the sign of things to come right?

This past season, Jay the cult-arm mopey, sensitive, loner QB led this team to, umm, urrrh, what was it again? Nothing.

What people don't understand about sports and life is that most people are followers. And followers are the most critical SOBs on the planet. Highly, highly critical of leaders; looking for faults left and right. But with the right leader, they shut the **** up. The followers bite their tongues. They get in line. Why? Because they don't won't to rock the boat. They don't won't to be the only follower-clown b****ing and moaning. But give a follower-clown an opening. Oh, that SOB is the most vicious, coniving, piece of **** you ever wanted to meet.

Because that is what a follower is. Talking **** left and right to the people around him about the man in charge, finding all his faults, yet that cock-sucker doesn't have the balls to ever be the man. He rather criticze, then ever lead. You know why? Because he can't handle the heat of leading men. He can't handle being talked about, yet walking strong amongst all the hate and vitrol for trying to lead peers of your own age. And that is what Jay's problem was.

Jay was a follower. Whatever was cool, was cool. But you can't EVER, EVER have that from the QB position. The QB is the MAN of the team. He is the leader, de facto. Not some chump ass tight-end or WR. Nope, its always the QB. Thats why playing QB is so damn tough in the NFL. It's not the reads, its the people skills. Everybody is looking at YOUR ass for direction and confidence, not the daggum FB; no matter how damn charismatic that FB maybe, it just doesn't work.

That's why so many QBs fail in this game, especially the high 1st round draft pick QBs. Those guys have SO MUCH DAMN PRESSURE on them: make the right reads, lead grown ass men who are your age, handle the press, come up clutch in the end, lead the team to the promise land. Can you imagine all the **** that comes along with being an NFL qb? You get all the blame for losses, and all the credit for wins? That's some damn pressure.

But to be a QB, you got to be cool. You got to be the coolest guy in the room. Joe Namath cool, John Elway cool, Joe Montana cool. You got to be able to role with the punches, never let them see you sweat. Because if you sweat, everybody on the team sweats. You got to be able to handle that pressure.

Jay Cutler? Never in a million years. He will never be like that. He will always be that petulant child, throwing his teammates under the bus when things go bad, never accepting blame, b****ing at receivers when he doesn't make half the reads and throws he suppose to. And that is a leader? Really?

And people wonder why Jake Plummer was successful in Denver and Jay couldn't win a lick as the starting QB; a sub .500 record as a starting QB in the NFL.

There is whole lot damn more to being a starting QB in the NFL than whipping the ball across the field at 110 miles per hour. That's only 1/10th of what a QB is.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,074
Default

I could give a **** at this point.

Neither will take a snap for us in 2009.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Well, if nothing else... one will go down in history as the 2nd winningest QB in Bronco history, and the other will go down as the beginning to the end of the Shanahan era.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,742

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Just let it go. Time to begin the recovery phase and get excited for the draft.

Time for everybody to unite and become one again. If you like the direction or not, we're here and there is only one way to go. Up.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Well, if nothing else... one will go down in history as the 2nd winningest QB in Bronco history, and the other will go down as the beginning to the end of the Shanahan era.
Yeah, the f-er! Jay was the death knell for Shanahan ...


I think you should start calling him "Coach-Killer Jay."
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
How Jake was better than Cutler:

1) Jake put up better stats

2) Jake won more games

3) Jake was a real leader

4) Jake was a team player

5) Jake never had vagina-up the ass syndrome

6) Jake led this franchise to the AFC championship game; Cutler led this team, to, umm, urrrhh, umm, what did he lead us to?

In the end, you don't know what you got till its gone, do you? Remember how Jake led this team to a 7-4 record, and Jay the cult-arm god went 2-3 to finish the season and lose the game that could have gotten us into the playoffs against one of the worst teams in the league? Remember that? That wasn't a foreshadowing of things to come, right? Wrong.

The next season, Jay the cult-arm mopey god led us to a 7-9 record. But that couldn't have been the sign of things to come right?

This past season, Jay the cult-arm mopey, sensitive, loner QB led this team to, umm, urrrh, what was it again? Nothing.

What people don't understand about sports and life is that most people are followers. And followers are the most critical SOBs on the planet. Highly, highly critical of leaders; looking for faults left and right. But with the right leader, they shut the **** up. The followers bite their tongues. They get in line. Why? Because they don't won't to rock the boat. They don't won't to be the only follower-clown b****ing and moaning. But give a follower-clown an opening. Oh, that SOB is the most vicious, coniving, piece of **** you ever wanted to meet.

Because that is what a follower is. Talking **** left and right to the people around him about the man in charge, finding all his faults, yet that cock-sucker doesn't have the balls to ever be the man. He rather criticze, then ever lead. You know why? Because he can't handle the heat of leading men. He can't handle being talked about, yet walking strong amongst all the hate and vitrol for trying to lead peers of your own age. And that is what Jay's problem was.

Jay was a follower. Whatever was cool, was cool. But you can't EVER, EVER have that from the QB position. The QB is the MAN of the team. He is the leader, de facto. Not some chump ass tight-end or WR. Nope, its always the QB. Thats why playing QB is so damn tough in the NFL. It's not the reads, its the people skills. Everybody is looking at YOUR ass for direction and confidence, not the daggum FB; no matter how damn charismatic that FB maybe, it just doesn't work.

That's why so many QBs fail in this game, especially the high 1st round draft pick QBs. Those guys have SO MUCH DAMN PRESSURE on them: make the right reads, lead grown ass men who are your age, handle the press, come up clutch in the end, lead the team to the promise land. Can you imagine all the **** that comes along with being an NFL qb? You get all the blame for losses, and all the credit for wins? That's some damn pressure.

But to be a QB, you got to be cool. You got to be the coolest guy in the room. Joe Namath cool, John Elway cool, Joe Montana cool. You got to be able to role with the punches, never let them see you sweat. Because if you sweat, everybody on the team sweats. You got to be able to handle that pressure.

Jay Cutler? Never in a million years. He will never be like that. He will always be that petulant child, throwing his teammates under the bus when things go bad, never accepting blame, b****ing at receivers when he doesn't make half the reads and throws he suppose to. And that is a leader? Really?

And people wonder why Jake Plummer was successful in Denver and Jay couldn't win a lick as the starting QB; a sub .500 record as a starting QB in the NFL.

There is whole lot damn more to being a starting QB in the NFL than whipping the ball across the field at 110 miles per hour. That's only 1/10th of what a QB is.

Youre the one who should be asking questions.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
How Jake was better than Cutler:
1) Jake put up better stats
2) Jake won more games
3) Jake was a real leader
4) Jake was a team player
5) Jake never had vagina-up the ass syndrome
6) Jake led this franchise to the AFC championship game; Cutler led this team, to, umm, urrrhh, umm, what did he lead us to?
In the end, you don't know what you got till its gone, do you? Remember how Jake led this team to a 7-4 record, and Jay the cult-arm god went 2-3 to finish the season and lose the game that could have gotten us into the playoffs against one of the worst teams in the league? Remember that? That wasn't a foreshadowing of things to come, right? Wrong.
The next season, Jay the cult-arm mopey god led us to a 7-9 record. But that couldn't have been the sign of things to come right?
This past season, Jay the cult-arm mopey, sensitive, loner QB led this team to, umm, urrrh, what was it again? Nothing.
What people don't understand about sports and life is that most people are followers. And followers are the most critical SOBs on the planet. Highly, highly critical of leaders; looking for faults left and right. But with the right leader, they shut the **** up. The followers bite their tongues. They get in line. Why? Because they don't won't to rock the boat. They don't won't to be the only follower-clown b****ing and moaning. But give a follower-clown an opening. Oh, that SOB is the most vicious, coniving, piece of **** you ever wanted to meet.
Because that is what a follower is. Talking **** left and right to the people around him about the man in charge, finding all his faults, yet that cock-sucker doesn't have the balls to ever be the man. He rather criticze, then ever lead. You know why? Because he can't handle the heat of leading men. He can't handle being talked about, yet walking strong amongst all the hate and vitrol for trying to lead peers of your own age. And that is what Jay's problem was.
Jay was a follower. Whatever was cool, was cool. But you can't EVER, EVER have that from the QB position. The QB is the MAN of the team. He is the leader, de facto. Not some chump ass tight-end or WR. Nope, its always the QB. Thats why playing QB is so damn tough in the NFL. It's not the reads, its the people skills. Everybody is looking at YOUR ass for direction and confidence, not the daggum FB; no matter how damn charismatic that FB maybe, it just doesn't work.
That's why so many QBs fail in this game, especially the high 1st round draft pick QBs. Those guys have SO MUCH DAMN PRESSURE on them: make the right reads, lead grown ass men who are your age, handle the press, come up clutch in the end, lead the team to the promise land. Can you imagine all the **** that comes along with being an NFL qb? You get all the blame for losses, and all the credit for wins? That's some damn pressure.
But to be a QB, you got to be cool. You got to be the coolest guy in the room. Joe Namath cool, John Elway cool, Joe Montana cool. You got to be able to role with the punches, never let them see you sweat. Because if you sweat, everybody on the team sweats. You got to be able to handle that pressure.
Jay Cutler? Never in a million years. He will never be like that. He will always be that petulant child, throwing his teammates under the bus when things go bad, never accepting blame, b****ing at receivers when he doesn't make half the reads and throws he suppose to. And that is a leader? Really?
And people wonder why Jake Plummer was successful in Denver and Jay couldn't win a lick as the starting QB; a sub .500 record as a starting QB in the NFL.
There is whole lot damn more to being a starting QB in the NFL than whipping the ball across the field at 110 miles per hour. That's only 1/10th of what a QB is.
Football is about WINNING GAMES.

Jay won games by himself.

Jake never did.

Jake had better stats than John. So by your logic ...............
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Football is about WINNING GAMES.

Jay won games by himself.

Jake never did.

Jake had better stats than John. So by your logic ...............
Wow, that's a lot of running in circles. You must be tired.

Jake=Winner in Denver.

Jay=Loser in Denver.



See, simple.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

You know I am a big supporter of Plummer but let's be honest, Cutler has ten times more talent. Plummer is a far better leader though.

IDK I wrote this after I got home from the bars.

Plummer=Orton I love it!!!!!!!!!!1
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

:yawn:
Attached Images
 
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman444 View Post
You know I am a big supporter of Plummer but let's be honest, Cutler has ten times more talent. Plummer is a far better leader though.

IDK I wrote this after I got home from the bars.

Plummer=Orton I love it!!!!!!!!!!1


Hey, maybe we'll return to winning games again.

I don't care if Rosie O'Donnel is playing QB for us. I just want to beat the **** out of the Chargers like we used to.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #12
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,832
Default

Plummer had some very good defenses and running games that hid his short comings. Cutler had horrible defenses, and he didn't have the type of running game that Plummer did, especially last year because of the injuries. Plummer and the Broncos would have been bottom feeders if he was the QB the last two years.

I don't see why people can't see that.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #13
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Wow, that's a lot of running in circles. You must be tired.

Jake=Winner in Denver.

Jay=Loser in Denver.



See, simple.
I thought it took a team to win games?

****, wait, which of the two contradictory talking points am I supposed to be on in this thread?
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #14
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

You're a numbskull.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #15
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
The window is open!

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,788
Default

I actually agree.

And I've always kinda thought so.

It was just a great way to get flamed around here, so I kept quite. lol
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #16
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Wow, that's a lot of running in circles. You must be tired.

Jake=Winner in Denver.

Jay=Loser in Denver.



See, simple.
More simple:


Jake = had good defense
Jake = had good, nee, GREAT running game

Jay = horrifying defense (DomCasual annd I could've started at safeties)
Jay = no running game. At all.


See how easy?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #17
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
More simple:


Jake = had good defense
Jake = had good, nee, GREAT running game

Jay = horrifying defense (DomCasual annd I could've started at safeties)
Jay = no running game. At all.


See how easy?


Too many qualifiers in yours.

History will know Jake as a winner in Denver, and Jay as a loser.

You don't have to like it, but that's how it'll go down in the history books. Check the stats if you doubt it.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,578

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Funny thing is Jake Plummer flat out sucked in AZ when he had no talent really on O to help him and a D that gave up alot of points. Plummer then had to make things happen on his own which more often then not resulted in a INT.
Then when we got Plummer around a D that was good and made Plummer buy into the fact that because of our talented D he didn't have to force bad throws and put added pressure on the D.

This doesn't sound like anyone that was just traded a few days ago does it? (Other then our O being way more talented then what Jake had at AZ.)
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #19
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Funny thing is Jake Plummer flat out sucked in AZ when he had no talent really on O to help him and a D that gave up alot of points. Plummer then had to make things happen on his own which more often then not resulted in a INT.
Then when we got Plummer around a D that was good and made Plummer buy into the fact that because of our talented D he didn't have to force bad throws and put added pressure on the D.

This doesn't sound like anyone that was just traded a few days ago does it? (Other then our O being way more talented then what Jake had at AZ.)
I'll say this... I think the Bears have a real problem analyzing and developing offensive talent. (Could be why they rarely ever have any.)

That alone doesn't mean Orton will be any good, but you sure have to like the chances he's got behind or line, with our receivers... and with an offensive guru calling the shots for him.

Plus, imagine a healthy Hills, Buckhalter and Jordan to tote the rock.

I have no idea how good the guy is or isn't, or even if he's being thought of as a starter or just a back-up. But, it's an interesting situation. Brandon Marshall really lit up when talking about him, and his ex-teammates go out of their way to praise him, heavily. (Admittedly, I criticize Marshall's behavior, I just found it interesting that he seemed so excited about Orton.)

We'll see.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #20
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,333
Default

Liked Jake ... I Liked Jay ... /shrug

Do you have to hate one to like the other ?

Sure I'll learn to love Dave Grohl ... didn't mind him in college ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:49 AM   #21
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

If you really believe this thread to be true you know nothing about football.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #22
Tyrant
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 232
Default

Jay was far more talented and would have done great things with the 03-05 teams.

But excuse the bad analogy, if I'm in a war, I want Jake fighting along side next to me before Jay any day of the week.
Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #23
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,578

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'll say this... I think the Bears have a real problem analyzing and developing offensive talent. (Could be why they rarely ever have any.)

That alone doesn't mean Orton will be any good, but you sure have to like the chances he's got behind or line, with our receivers... and with an offensive guru calling the shots for him.

Plus, imagine a healthy Hills, Buckhalter and Jordan to tote the rock.

I have no idea how good the guy is or isn't, or even if he's being thought of as a starter or just a back-up. But, it's an interesting situation. Brandon Marshall really lit up when talking about him, and his ex-teammates go out of their way to praise him, heavily. (Admittedly, I criticize Marshall's behavior, I just found it interesting that he seemed so excited about Orton.)

We'll see.
With our line and Wrs it would be impossible for a QB to be that bad in our system. The problem still is our D and the pressure it puts on the QB to have to score everytime he has the ball.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #24
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
If you really believe this thread to be true you know nothing about football.
When Bob's the one with the level headed opinion in a thread, you know it's bad.
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #25
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Talent and stats don't win games. Jay was good but came up short in must-win situations.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Denver Broncos