The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default Come to admit your hypocrisy with Cutler

Since last year, I think I was the only Broncos fan who couldnt see why people would defend Cutler and berate Rivers when the one difference in personality and being a QB was that Rivers was a winner and a pro bowler (Cutler got his PB this last season). Sure I stuck my neck out and threw my opinion out without the homerism glasses that 99% of the Broncos poster received. I felt like Adolph Eichmann with only reps from the enemy like 400HZ and other Chargers trolls. I saw the talk and not the walk unlike Rivers who is 100% into the game he plays and shows it. Our guy was mouthing off while getting our A$$es handed to us, not much on studying the photos and notes from the sideline. Only did a thread that had one of the best lines from BroncoBuff of , "Yeah, but he is our D**K!" or to that affect did some finally realize that Cutler, while a good QB, had issues that cannot be screened for homerism. So, all those that are bad mouthing Cutler now even though the clues have all been there, was it pure blinders on for the home team? Time to repent, vent and admit the wrong doings and wash away Cutlerism from your soul. I know some cant bare to admit the evidence and I hope you can soon see the light so we can have a true Orangemane in harmony or until draft time when I hope a Orange 4 Life can give us another Hall of Fame meltdown. Now, back on the high horse......
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I was critical of Cutler but also in awe of his ability to throw a football. I thought he could be a great QB but I think Cutler already thinks he is that. It's really hard to get better as a QB when you switch teams and offensive systems. Orton and Cutler both have work cut out for them learning the new terminology and adapting to new styles of offense.

You wonder if Cutler can get much better if he already feels he is an elite QB.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #3
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Since last year, I think I was the only Broncos fan who couldnt see why people would defend Cutler and berate Rivers when the one difference in personality and being a QB was that Rivers was a winner and a pro bowler (Cutler got his PB this last season). Sure I stuck my neck out and threw my opinion out without the homerism glasses that 99% of the Broncos poster received. I felt like Adolph Eichmann with only reps from the enemy like 400HZ and other Chargers trolls. I saw the talk and not the walk unlike Rivers who is 100% into the game he plays and shows it. Our guy was mouthing off while getting our A$$es handed to us, not much on studying the photos and notes from the sideline. Only did a thread that had one of the best lines from BroncoBuff of , "Yeah, but he is our D**K!" or to that affect did some finally realize that Cutler, while a good QB, had issues that cannot be screened for homerism. So, all those that are bad mouthing Cutler now even though the clues have all been there, was it pure blinders on for the home team? Time to repent, vent and admit the wrong doings and wash away Cutlerism from your soul. I know some cant bare to admit the evidence and I hope you can soon see the light so we can have a true Orangemane in harmony or until draft time when I hope a Orange 4 Life can give us another Hall of Fame meltdown. Now, back on the high horse......
See you at the supper Bowl

Singed Jay Cutler .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Since last year, I think I was the only Broncos fan who couldnt see why people would defend Cutler and berate Rivers when the one difference in personality and being a QB was that Rivers was a winner and a pro bowler)

Oh, come on, now....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...9&postcount=21

I hate Rivers, but he's twice the QB Cutler is right now.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Oh, come on, now....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...9&postcount=21

I hate Rivers, but he's twice the QB Cutler is right now.
You were a little later on the stick but proof is in the pudding. You can join as first infantry in the "F YOU JAY!" fan club. welcome aboard. No meetings and no dues.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #6
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I was critical of Cutler but also in awe of his ability to throw a football. I thought he could be a great QB but I think Cutler already thinks he is that. It's really hard to get better as a QB when you switch teams and offensive systems. Orton and Cutler both have work cut out for them learning the new terminology and adapting to new styles of offense.

You wonder if Cutler can get much better if he already feels he is an elite QB.
I think Shanahan and Bates spoiled Cutler and he is going to have a hard time taking constructive criticism and not respond well to coaching. That might have happened with MCD all ready in the first few weeks they worked together, might even be the root of all this drama. Going to be interesting to see how he does in Chicago
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #7
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I thought the Rivers stuff was fun ... I don't think it meant much really.

Cutler is a d!ck, we all know that. But Rivers and his cohorts overreacted with the waving ...

Man, I am gonna miss that Rivers feud ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
You were a little later on the stick but proof is in the pudding. You can join as first infantry in the "F YOU JAY!" fan club. welcome aboard. No meetings and no dues.
Late, I STARTED the F you Jay thread!

I also took heat back in 07 when I called him Mopey Jay, noting that there was something wrong with this guy's attitude.

I also stated from early on that this kid's mechanics go in and out. Usually fine, but sometimes ****ty. The Bears aren't exactly a QB factory. I wonder how Jay's sloppy habits are going to be dealt with in Chicago? (Or not.)
Old 04-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Only did a thread that had one of the best lines from BroncoBuff of , "Yeah, Cutler is a d!ck, but he is our D**K!" or to that affect did some finally realize that Cutler, while a good QB, had issues that cannot be screened for homerism.
I only saw you said this after I posted above, and it just so happens I nearly said it again.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Rivers is a twat
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #11
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Late, I STARTED the F you Jay thread!

I also took heat back in 07 when I called him Mopey Jay, noting that there was something wrong with this guy's attitude.

I also stated from early on that this kid's mechanics go in and out. Usually fine, but sometimes ****ty. The Bears aren't exactly a QB factory. I wonder how Jay's sloppy habits are going to be dealt with in Chicago? (Or not.)
"Sloppy habits"? Sheesh, you are OUT there.

You really must start a "HE-MAN JAY-HATING CLUB" or something ... get an outlet for that stuff. Why still upset? You got what you wanted, you should actually be gloating ...
Old 04-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #12
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Two of our last 3 drafts were outstanding.

THAT was finally fixed, along with LT, WR's, and QB.

Signed:

Jake
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #13
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Wrong, I called him Mopey Jay first. Go on, your on a roll.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #14
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Popps, the thread is on Jay's actions of personality not mechanics. You showed a post from the last game of the season so I said you were late to the party. If you had a sooner example, I will step down and make you Emperor of the F YOU JAY! fan club. I will not palm you to a nice breeze though. Blart can do that grunt work. TDMVP can do it too since he neg repped me on this thread for liking the Stray Cats.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Popps, the thread is on Jay's actions of personality not mechanics. You showed a post from the last game of the season so I said you were late to the party. If you had a sooner example, I will step down and make you Emperor of the F YOU JAY! fan club. I will not palm you to a nice breeze though. Blart can do that grunt work. TDMVP can do it too since he neg repped me on this thread for liking the Stray Cats.
Yea, the only thing I could offer is my Mopey Jay posts, which I believe were in 07. But, you can head up the anti-fan club, that's fine with me.

Oh, and that dude neg-repped me like 40 times yesterday, talking about killing me and ****. Pretty stable guy, it sounds like.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #16
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Yea, the only thing I could offer is my Mopey Jay posts, which I believe were in 07.
Wrong, but you sure ran with it.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #17
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
"Sloppy habits"? Sheesh, you are OUT there.

You really must start a "HE-MAN JAY-HATING CLUB" or something ... get an outlet for that stuff. Why still upset? You got what you wanted, you should actually be gloating ...
Upset? These are the same observations I made for the last couple of years.
The guy went in and out of good mechanics. He threw off his back foot too often and got lazy when he was in mopey-mode.

This isn't new stuff, Buff. I'm not sure why you're treating it as such.

As for gloating, I'm just happy we can move onto rooting for players that want to play for my Broncos again. As I've said, don't let me stop you from following Jay into Chicago.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Wrong, but you sure ran with it.
True. He actually turned out to be a terrific guy.

My bad.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #19
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

It's funny watching people dog pile eachother on the "I hated Jay all along more than you" train... The usual front runners doing their usual front running.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #20
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
As for gloating, I'm just happy we can move onto rooting for players that want to play for my Broncos again. As I've said, don't let me stop you from following Jay into Chicago.
"You're either with us or against us," is that it?

Don't let me stop you from following W to Dallas, my friend.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
"You're either with us or against us," is that it?

Don't let me stop you from following W to Dallas, my friend.

Hey, you know I'm a fan first, Buff. I don't make any apologies for it.

Want to talk politics, and you won't find anyone more independent and non-partisan.

But, this isn't politics, this is football. I'm a Broncos fan and Jay Cutler didn't want to play for my team. So, forgive me if my reaction is one of slight agitation.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #22
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It's funny watching people dog pile eachother on the "I hated Jay all along more than you" train... The usual front runners doing their usual front running.
Yeah, it's getting pretty deep in here.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post

Taco, there was a bit of tongue in cheek fun going on here. Sorry man. A guy who didn't want to play for the Broncos is gone. Some fans may have a little fun with that.

Try your best to deal.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:49 AM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Hey, you know I'm a fan first, Buff. I don't make any apologies for it.

Want to talk politics, and you won't find anyone more independent and non-partisan.

But, this isn't politics, this is football. I'm a Broncos fan and Jay Cutler didn't want to play for my team. So, forgive me if my reaction is one of slight agitation.
I'm about ready to make a no more politics pledge on the mane. Time to commit 100% to being a Broncos fan first when it comes to the mane.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #25
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm about ready to make a no more politics pledge on the mane. Time to commit 100% to being a Broncos fan first when it comes to the mane.
Without LA that whole forum has basically became a ad for Gaffs book...
and jew hate .
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote