The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default B-Marsh coming up on NFL Total Access

Fyi
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Please give us the 411 on what he says.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Tankgunner95
Hell yea I want some PIE!

Oh its true

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Cartman

was that a shot at cutler saying orton is a proven winner going 15 and two at home.
Tankgunner95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankgunner95 View Post
was that a shot at cutler saying orton is a proven winner going 15 and two at home.
Marshall and Cutler were not the BEST BUDDIES that some people think.

Cutler was nice to him and helped him. But they really didn't "like" each other. They did nothing together at the Pro-Bowl. Cutler was always around Clady, Weigmann, Royal, or Scheffler. Cutler honestly seemed like Marshall anoyed him. Part of me thinks Marshall is partially happy to see Cutler gone and Cutler vice versa... especially since Cutler is reunited with Earl Bennett in Chicago.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
521 1N5
Perennial Pro-bowler

"It means nothing to throw for 4500 yards and 25 touchdowns if you don't win"

-B Marsh
521 1N5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

"I'm going to take the lead of the guy with the rings."

Good quote.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 521 1N5 View Post
"It means nothing to throw for 4500 yards and 25 touchdowns if you don't win"

-B Marsh
I caught that.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
jayman_37
Seasoned Veteran

Marshall sounded pissed
jayman_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman_37 View Post
Marshall sounded pissed
Though I like Cutler.

He's probably pissed because he got the trash in his face for his troubles off the field. But after all of Cutler's team talk he basically didn't care enough about his teammates to show the **** up to camp and prove he played for them. He probably felt betrayed by Cutler, so I don't blame Marshall or his cheap shots at Cutler.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #10
meangene
Ring of Famer

What about the Cutler interview? He totally would not answer Rich Eisen on whether he requested a trade when Bates was let go. At the Chicago news conference he would not address McDaniel's assertion that he was told about the Cassel discussions that morning - he did not remember so long ago. Lombardi on NFLN said he did not believe he did not remember. Cutler told Eisen he would do some things differently but would not say what.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Though I like Cutler.

He's probably pissed because he got the trash in his face for his troubles off the field. But after all of Cutler's team talk he basically didn't care enough about his teammates to show the **** up to camp and prove he played for them. He probably felt betrayed by Cutler, so I don't blame Marshall or his cheap shots at Cutler.
also, i think he is playing for a contract in Denver. he knows in this system(if it works) he can put up monster numbers and be known as one of the premeir receivers in the league. he probably wants to stay, so best to take the side of the man who will decide his fate. if he can keep his nose clean this year i think he will be re-signed
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman_37 View Post
Marshall sounded pissed

Pain medication was wearing off.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #13
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
"I'm going to take the lead of the guy with the rings."

Good quote.
Thats really corny...kind of dumb. But I gotta say that Ive been impressed with Marshall in the couple of places he has surfaced today. He has really stepped up and has been a good Bronco where dealing with the trade is concerned. Meanwhile in Chicago, Cutlers acting like they have weapons like we do. I realize Cutlers circumstance requires some diplomacy but still. Now, all Marshall needs to do is stay out of trouble. Its really disappointing that he gets in trouble so much. He's one of the most charismatic guys on the team.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #14
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankgunner95 View Post

No, its that he has to live with another teammate. If Cutler were still here, he'd be saying the record isnt Cutlers fault.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #15
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Does anyone have a video?
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #16
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

B. Marshall Interview- http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f992e3

Cutler NFLN Interview- http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f9926d
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #17
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene View Post
What about the Cutler interview? He totally would not answer Rich Eisen on whether he requested a trade when Bates was let go. At the Chicago news conference he would not address McDaniel's assertion that he was told about the Cassel discussions that morning - he did not remember so long ago. Lombardi on NFLN said he did not believe he did not remember. Cutler told Eisen he would do some things differently but would not say what.
Sounds like he just wants to leave what he views as the circus behind.

Good luck to him, good luck to us. May the best team win.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've been a pretty big Cutler supporter through this whole McJaygate nonsense, but his insistence to dodge questions is rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe today's not the day, but eventually I believe the fans deserve to know what happened. I'm getting a better idea by the way that McD handled himself, and the way that Jay's handling himself.

It speaks volumes that Jay really had nothing substantial to say to the hypothetical 8 year old kid questions that Eisen posed. "Maybe when he grows up, he'll learn what it is to sell out" over what ultimately amounted to nothing.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #19
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Thanks
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #20
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
I've been a pretty big Cutler supporter through this whole McJaygate nonsense, but his insistence to dodge questions is rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe today's not the day, but eventually I believe the fans deserve to know what happened. I'm getting a better idea by the way that McD handled himself, and the way that Jay's handling himself.

It speaks volumes that Jay really had nothing substantial to say to the hypothetical 8 year old kid questions that Eisen posed. "Maybe when he grows up, he'll learn what it is to sell out" over what ultimately amounted to nothing.
Remember Josh talking about Spygate when he got here? Just like that, he's selling himself to his new team's fans now.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #21
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Remember Josh talking about Spygate when he got here? Just like that, he's selling himself to his new team's fans now.
No. He pretty much kept quiet hoping to work things out face to face with Cutler. Now, he is directly answering all the questions asked and setting the record straight. Cutler, on the other hand, looks like a deer in the headlights.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #22
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
No. He pretty much kept quiet hoping to work things out face to face with Cutler. Now, he is directly answering all the questions asked and setting the record straight. Cutler, on the other hand, looks like a deer in the headlights.
When he got here, Josh refused to answer questions regarding Spygate. Leaving the controversies behind to the new fanbase who really just don't care about them. You think Bears fans care about this?
Old 04-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #23
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
When he got here, Josh refused to answer questions regarding Spygate. Leaving the controversies behind to the new fanbase who really just don't care about them. You think Bears fans care about this?
Josh had no role in Spygate and it was years before he came to Denver. I do think the character of Cutler is of concern to at least some of the Bears' fanbase. There sure have been a lot of articles touching on it. McDaniels took a lot of bashing over what appears more and more to be misinformation. In my opinion, Spygate and McJaygate are apples and oranges.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #24
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Josh had no role in Spygate and it was years before he came to Denver. I do think the character of Cutler is of concern to at least some of the Bears' fanbase. There sure have been a lot of articles touching on it. McDaniels took a lot of bashing over what appears more and more to be misinformation. In my opinion, Spygate and McJaygate are apples and oranges.
Josh was the OC when they were filming defensive hand signals. Who do you think they were filming defensive hand signals for?

My point is, Josh refused to talk about it and the story died in Denver. Nobody gives two ****s about that anymore. And McCutGate will be a dead story in the Chicago media by months end.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #25
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So?

Cutler did interviews with national media too, not just a Chicago presser, and he still dodged questions left and right.

Josh just dodged spygate questions from Denver media, because Denver fans don't care. Anyone who followed sports radio the last few months know that this drama gained national interest, and fans of other teams have opinions and interest as to what actually happened.

Cutler was evasive to the point of sounding like he was hiding something.

But whatever. More importantly, if Marshall gets his off-field **** straight and he can be 100% healthy for the season he's going to be a beast in McDaniels' offense. Its all about setting up the WRs to make plays with the ball, and that is Marshall's best skill. Last year we tried to force it to him 15+ yards down field, letting him instead pick it up on 5-10 yard slants and curls then turn and crush guys to gain yac is the best use of his skills.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote