The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default Mock 3.5 weeks out

I assume we won't trade any picks and not sign any significant free agents prior to the draft.

1. BJ Raji, DT
Depending how things go down with Sanchez and Stafford I feel there is a chance he could slip a bit. I feel pretty comfortable in predicting that Stafford, Sanchez, Jason Smith, Monroe, Curry, Crabtree, Orakpo and Maclin will all be drafted in the top 11. My feeling is that Everette Brown and Andre Smith will as well which leaves Raji as the 11th player who could be passed by a few players coming up. Raji could play from day 1 on the defensive line.

2. Rashard Jennings, RB
I know Lesean Mccoy is falling quite fast right now and I think he will be available to us with that 2nd round pick. I think Donald Brown will be gone and of Mccoy and Jennings I like Jennings better.

3. Kevin Barnes, CB
I think we have to get younger at CB and Barnes is a guy I feel would be a very good fit. He has good size, good speed, he is very smart and very solid athletically. He could learn from the old guys and develope and be ready to take over when Champ is gone.

4. David Veikune, DE/OLB
We have met with him and I think he would be a good fit. He is a high energy player who would be a solid fit at the 3-4 OLB, he has good hand work and working from a wider position would help him make up for his relatively average quickness.

5a. Sammie Lee Hill, DT
I think this one has been beaten to death, he is a project but a good one.

5b. Mike Wallace, WR
Super fast, a work in progress but a guy who could probably help out on returns.

6. Cecil Newton, C
Athletic center who can develope behind Wiegman and Lichtensteiger.

7a. Bear Pascoe, TE
Blocker who can put people on their ass and also make a catch when he has to. High energy player who goes all out and has a mean attitude.

7b. Curtis Painter, QB
Bad under pressure, struggled as a senior but has a good arm and good size. Is a guy who could be culled into a solid backup if given time to learn the game.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Meh. Some of the picks are ok. Some of them, Im not feeling.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Trying to hard.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:23 AM   #4
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Trying to hard.
I dont think so. With Doom and Moss fighting it out at Jack it might be a good idea to take a much needed RB in the 2nd, I feel that Raji would be better in a 4-3 but i think he can get it done in the 3-4. Barnes if he had stayed healthy he would have gone higher rather been rated higher. I am not to sure on hill. .it may take him time to develope but thats a good pick as a back up NT or End Everything else is ok although i thought instead of Veikune i would have went ILB or S
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:42 AM   #5
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Raji would be a great pick in the first. Jennings in the 4 round instead of second. Barnes is a good pick in the 3 round. I would go with another defensive pick in the second unless Donald Brown is still available. Raji, Ziggy Hood, Barnes then Jennings would be better. I think Wallace in the 5 round is also a good pick. I take a player like Jason Williams in 5 round instead of Hill. No safety in the draft is one of this draft weakness. I know you cann't fill all your need in the Draft.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

No offense on Day 1 plzthx.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:13 PM   #7
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not a bad effort Gyld. I think I'd stay away from RB for now and keep with the defence. RB by committee should suffice and we could use the second on a Clint Sintim or a Louis Delmas.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: