The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Default AFC East mailbag: some Cutler comments from Tim Graham

Jay has an uphill battle on his hands to beat this bad rap he now has.

Tim in Goodlettsville, Tenn., writes: Tim, As a Vandy follower during the Cutler years I never saw evidence of the player criticisms being leveled. I'd be the one of the first to say to JC, "Shut up and play the game," if it were merited. I also believe that due to his college experience, Jay was better suited to early NFL success than either Young or Leinart. The Hunchback of ND could have won under center at TX and SC. Are you hearing any any positive words floating around about the issue? Thanks, Tim

Tim Graham: You probably won't like my answer, but while I was at the NFL owners' meeting last week in Dana Point, Calif., Jay Cutler might have been the most popular topic of discussion. I spoke with several owners, general managers and coaches. Nobody I talked to came to Cutler's defense. They raved about Cutler's physical ability, but the general perception was that he needed to man up and get over his wounded feelings.

Eric in New York writes: what are the odds of jay cutler reaching the jets? What would be better, to draft a qb or go after cutler?

Tim Graham: If the Jets can go into the draft certain they can land one of the top three quarterbacks -- Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman -- then they should jump on one of them. The more we learn about Cutler, the more toxic he seems. Jets safety Kerry Rhodes this week spoke out against Cutler. Rhodes doesn't respect Cutler and insisted he's not alone in his feelings.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0...delivered.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

More posturing by teams that want to land him, trying anything in their power to lower his value if they can. Really nothing new here.

Beantown Bronco Rule #9: never believe anything you read in the months, weeks and days leading up to the draft.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

**** em
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
socalorado
Ring of Famer

"Its just another manic monday"
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

I don't have anything good to say about anybody on the Jets, guess they are now on the block.

Seriously, who gives a flying (BLANK) about what other teams think about OUR quarterback.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
More posturing by teams that want to land him, trying anything in their power to lower his value if they can. Really nothing new here.

Beantown Bronco Rule #9: never believe anything you read in the months, weeks and days leading up to the draft.
Tim Graham - I spoke with several owners, general managers and coaches. Nobody I talked to came to Cutler's defense. They raved about Cutler's physical ability, but the general perception was that he needed to man up and get over his wounded feelings.

How on earth would that lower his value

See the problem is BB, Cutler apologists' like yourself dont want to face the truth which is how big an a-hole JC has been about this whole situation from start to finish.

No-one in the league backs him in anyway. No players, no coaches, no execs. The only ****s who have are the ones still involved in media circles as they know it sells their product and keeps this situation ongoing.

Everyone with an ounce of sense has already stated he should man up and get back to where he belongs.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Tim Graham - I spoke with several owners, general managers and coaches. Nobody I talked to came to Cutler's defense. They raved about Cutler's physical ability, but the general perception was that he needed to man up and get over his wounded feelings.

How on earth would that lower his value
Ask Popps.

Quote:
See the problem is BB, Cutler apologists' like yourself dont want to face the truth which is how big an a-hole JC has been about this whole situation from start to finish.
Huh? Have I criticized McDaniels? Yes. But I've also criticized the way Cutler's handled some of this and acknowledged this very thing more than once. Sorry, you can't simply label folks either "pro Cutler" or "pro McDaniels". That's just lazy. There is some gray area here.

Quote:
No-one in the league backs him in anyway. No players, no coaches, no execs.
It's a good thing the league only employs about a handful of people. Because, in reality, that's all we've gotten quotes from on this. The smart ones are staying out of this and there's no way to know how many of they stand.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

but its all mcdaniels fault...he should have never hurt jay cutlers feelings...poor jay
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote