The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,871
Default I've re-watched Cutler vs. San Diego and...

(by the way I'm talking about the second game of the season)

...I'm convinced that there is only one quarterback in the NFL that is better than Cutler. His name is Peyton. Now, some will point out that Cutler was very inconsistent this year and had some pretty bad games. That's true, and it's a valid point that to be among the best at what you do you should do it on a consistent basis. But even "Mr. QB Rating" Rivers had at least 4 bad games. That's 1/4 of the season. I would say Jay had about 6 bad games. That's not a good thing at all, but my argument is that, when Cutler is at his best he's better than everyone not named Peyton Manning. Cutler has a little more physical ability but Peyton more than makes up for it with his brain. He is getting old, though.

So, what's the point? The point is that, if McDaniels can work with Cutler to make him more consistent, we should have the best quarterback in the NFL in a few seasons. I'm just sitting here watching him throw dart after dart after dart. He could probably work on his touch passes but, really, if he is that accurate throwing fastballs then why worry about touch passes? The touchdown pass to Marshall was a perfect example of that. He took just a little bit off and laid it in there perfectly...and I'm not even sure if that was the best one of the half! Both of the touchdown passes to Scheffler were amazing as well. You just don't see any other quarterbacks, sans Peyton, making plays like this.. ever.

This has nothing to do with McDaniels vs. Cutler, at all. I'm convinced he's coming back and I'm excited for Broncos football to get going again. If Cutler can be an idiot off the field but a god on the field, I think McDaniels deserves the benefit of the doubt that he's capable of doing the same.

SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

people point out all his inconsistencies, but no QB in the NFL is gonna be any good when they know they have to score on every drive to even be competitive in teh game. you have to pass 40 times and 1/10 of them have to be TDs to even have a chance at winning. good luck!
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

i agree. Jay makes plays that i have never seen another QB even attempt. with a little more coaching, and a little help around him, he will undoubtedly be the best in the game in the next few years.

McDaniels has a reputation of turning nobodies into near pro bowlers, he should be chomping at the bit to see how much better he can make a pro bowler.

that is why i hate him. he was so ignorant, that he didn't see he can have a hand in creating the best and most talented QB in the game, but instead he wanted the safety blanket of a marginally talented QB he has known for years.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,804
Default

He's a hall of fame physical talent. There's no question. I hope it all works out.

But, that's all up to Jay.

I could see the thing going either way. I hope he straightens up and comes back into the fold.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i agree. Jay makes plays that i have never seen another QB even attempt. with a little more coaching, and a little help around him, he will undoubtedly be the best in the game in the next few years.

McDaniels has a reputation of turning nobodies into near pro bowlers, he should be chomping at the bit to see how much better he can make a pro bowler.

that is why i hate him. he was so ignorant, that he didn't see he can have a hand in creating the best and most talented QB in the game, but instead he wanted the safety blanket of a marginally talented QB he has known for years.
That's why you HATE him? He's doing and saying all the right things to get Jay back into the fold. He's said on numerous occasions that he thinks he and Jay will be great for each other. If Jay realizes how great his career could be in this offense and gets to town, there's nothing they can't accomplish.

I've seen McDaniels grow up and become a man through this. I'm waiting on Jay to do the same. I don't hate Jay. But it's time to be a big boy and come set some records.

Great OP, by the way.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,871
Default

I don't get why he would want to trade him either but, I think, it's over and done with so hopefully they get a few quick wins to start the season and never look back.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,195
Default

What happens if we happen to go 6-10 in 09? Will Cutler still want to be here in 2010? I hope they can last years together.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
That's why you HATE him? He's doing and saying all the right things to get Jay back into the fold. He's said on numerous occasions that he thinks he and Jay will be great for each other. If Jay realizes how great his career could be in this offense and gets to town, there's nothing they can't accomplish.

I've seen McDaniels grow up and become a man through this. I'm waiting on Jay to do the same. I don't hate Jay. But it's time to be a big boy and come set some records.

Great OP, by the way.
to the media he is saying the right things. but when it comes to actually talking to the guy he ****ed over, he is still trying to pull a power trip on him, instead of just squashing the problem and getting this **** over with

and yes, ignorance on his part is a perfect reason to hate him. he's an NFL coach, and instead of looking at the most talented player on his team and saying, i can make this guy better than anyone else in the league, and we can win championships together, he looked at his best player and thought, if only i had a less talented guy who knows my system i would be in great shape.

instead of looking at the challenge of making a pro bowler better than he already is, he wanted the easy way out and wanted a security blanket in the form of Cassel.

this is the NFL, and he is a HC in the NFL, **** is hard, and you can't just look for the easy way out, because it will blow up in your face and you will be looking for work

and on a side note, i agree Jay could grow a thicker skin, get over it, and tear it up, just to basically show McDaniels he was a fool to even contemplate trading him.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 03-28-2009 at 11:05 PM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
to the media he is saying the right things. but when it comes to actually talking to the guy he ****ed over, he is still trying to pull a power trip on him, instead of just squashing the problem and getting this **** over with

and yes, ignorance on his part is a perfect reason to hate him. he's an NFL coach, and instead of looking at the most talented player on his team and saying, i can make this guy better than anyone else in the league, and we can win championships together, he looked at his best player and thought, if only i had a less talented guy who knows my system i would be in great shape.

instead of looking at the challenge of making a pro bowler better than he already is, he wanted the easy way out and wanted a security blanket in the form of Cassel.

this is the NFL, and he is a HC in the NFL, **** is hard, and you can't just look for the easy way out, because it will blow up in your face and you will be looking for work

and on a side note, i agree Jay could grow a thicker skin, get over it, and tear it up, just to basically show McDaniels he was a fool to even contemplate trading him.
get over it, mcdaniels will be here for awhile as will jay, no one will give us in picks/players what he is worth. yea jay almost got traded, big deal its happened to much better palyers then him, but what irks me is people like you act as if we were not getting anything in return except cassel.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #10
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,871
Default

Alright, all good points but not the point of the thread. Keep it positive.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #11
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,871
Default

Side Note: Watching Brandon Marshall dominate this game, you could say almost the same thing about him as you could for Jay. He's capable of being a top 5 wideout, but he has some really bad games. Wrong reads resulting in wrong routes. Drops. His own off-field issues. Like Jay, if he commits to the team we'll be a damn juggernaut.

Also, It's too bad Pittman didn't come to the team three or four years ago. He runs so hard, he probably would have done well in Denver.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #12
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post

I've seen McDaniels grow up and become a man through this. .
How so? Explain.
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

rewatch the KC home game again and tell me hillis is NOT a starter in this league...
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
rewatch the KC home game again and tell me hillis is NOT a starter in this league...
ask your favorite person associated with the Broncos, Josh McDaniels that question.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
get over it, mcdaniels will be here for awhile as will jay, no one will give us in picks/players what he is worth. yea jay almost got traded, big deal its happened to much better palyers then him, but what irks me is people like you act as if we were not getting anything in return except cassel.
name a player of his calibur and position and age that was traded

because i know you will say Montana, Favre and Young.

but in the case of Montana he had been in the league 13 years and had only played in 1 game the final 2 years of his time in San Francisco and in that time Young took over his position and kicked ass at it.

Favre played one season in Atlanta and threw something like 4 passes, 2 of which were intercepted

Young was a backup in Tampa.

so, i pose the question. Who at the age of 25, who played QB, and was coming off a pro bowl year has ever been traded?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #16
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Okay , thats enough Cutler ass kissing .............
But seriously , If Cutler doesnt want to be here , give him his walking papers ....... everyone is replaceable..........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #17
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,871
Default

Haha, I love the end of this game. Cutler throws to Royal and the announcers are shouting, "Overtime!"


.. Good ol' Shanahan
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
name a player of his calibur and position and age that was traded

because i know you will say Montana, Favre and Young.

but in the case of Montana he had been in the league 13 years and had only played in 1 game the final 2 years of his time in San Francisco and in that time Young took over his position and kicked ass at it.

Favre played one season in Atlanta and threw something like 4 passes, 2 of which were intercepted

Young was a backup in Tampa.

so, i pose the question. Who at the age of 25, who played QB, and was coming off a pro bowl year has ever been traded?
you dont udnerstand do you? you are so obsessed with cutler that you arent looking at the total picture that mcdaniels saw. he could see trading for cassel and picks as a downgrade at QB, but given the system he does NOT need a world beater QB, however we DO need the picks to fix the real problem: defense

this was not a straight up trade cassel for cutler, so stop acting like it was. given mcdaniels system, it would be a near lateral move at QB plus extra picks to fix the defense.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Okay , thats enough Cutler ass kissing .............
But seriously , If Cutler doesnt want to be here , give him his walking papers ....... everyone is replaceable..........
I think it's pretty obvious he's coming back at this point.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #20
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp View Post
I think it's pretty obvious he's coming back at this point.
If he wants to ......... it has to be something he wants though , not forced ...
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #21
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,642

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

We need Cutler AND the guy Bowlen brought in to coach the team to be on the same page and attempt a winning season...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
you dont udnerstand do you? you are so obsessed with cutler that you arent looking at the total picture that mcdaniels saw. he could see trading for cassel and picks as a downgrade at QB, but given the system he does NOT need a world beater QB, however we DO need the picks to fix the real problem: defense

this was not a straight up trade cassel for cutler, so stop acting like it was. given mcdaniels system, it would be a near lateral move at QB plus extra picks to fix the defense.
so we get picks too, i didn't see that.....wow you don't see much beyond McDaniels dick and ball bag do you?

so what if we got picks. we need help on the DL and DL takes a few years to become any good at. so we downgrade at QB and the offense gets worse, all the while we are waiting on the draft picks to pan out in a few seasons. so instead of having a rebuilding defense and a potent offense with a QB who is capable of winning on his own, we get a weak ass Cassel led offense and a rebuilding defense.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
so we get picks too, i didn't see that.....wow you don't see much beyond McDaniels dick and ball bag do you?

so what if we got picks. we need help on the DL and DL takes a few years to become any good at. so we downgrade at QB and the offense gets worse, all the while we are waiting on the draft picks to pan out in a few seasons. so instead of having a rebuilding defense and a potent offense with a QB who is capable of winning on his own, we get a weak ass Cassel led offense and a rebuilding defense.
potent cutler offense: 370 pts
weak ass cassel led offense: 410 pts

what i see is a team that is in much more disarray then any one player can fix, and if it takes getting rid of a single player to fix the entire team, then that may be whats best for the team. i assume you are one of those "i will follow whatever team cutler is on" people?
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #24
JJJ
Ring of Famer
 
JJJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Confederation Helvetica
Posts: 2,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp View Post
(by the way I'm talking about the second game of the season)

...I'm convinced that there is only one quarterback in the NFL that is better than Cutler. His name is Peyton. Now, some will point out that Cutler was very inconsistent this year and had some pretty bad games. That's true, and it's a valid point that to be among the best at what you do you should do it on a consistent basis. But even "Mr. QB Rating" Rivers had at least 4 bad games. That's 1/4 of the season. I would say Jay had about 6 bad games. That's not a good thing at all, but my argument is that, when Cutler is at his best he's better than everyone not named Peyton Manning. Cutler has a little more physical ability but Peyton more than makes up for it with his brain. He is getting old, though.

You should probably rewatch the second game.

But barring injury I essentially agree with your point and think that Cutler will likely stay in the top 5 QBs in the game for the next 6 to 7 years. No way he is top 2 though. Cleary he is not better than Brady.

It is still incredible to me that your management is trying to go out of their way to find a way to derail what clearly was a juggernaut offense in the making.

Everyone in the West was scared ****less if Cutler were to get a little more consistent, something all your rivals expected him to do over the next three years. We are only a little pissed this whole thing hasn't gotten him the hell out of the Division yet because sometimes QBs and coaching infighting can produce unexpectdly great results. We would rather not take that risk and kindly ask that you trade him immediately.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #25
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
potent cutler offense: 370 pts
weak ass cassel led offense: 410 pts

what i see is a team that is in much more disarray then any one player can fix, and if it takes getting rid of a single player to fix the entire team, then that may be whats best for the team. i assume you are one of those "i will follow whatever team cutler is on" people?
nope, i am blue and orange to the core regardless of the douchebag coach who is destroying the team

on the scoring side of your argument, cassel had a running game to help him and his drives didn't constantly start inside his own 20.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Denver Broncos