The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If a choice between McDaniels or Cutler is forced who does Bowlen keep?
Cutler 33 38.37%
McDaniels 53 61.63%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default If one of them has to go....

Will it be Cutler or Mcdaniels?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
TheDave
Sauced...

TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

this is so stupid. seriously. ill bet money that cutler is not traded, well never get near the value wed need.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Does this question really need to be asked? The owner said as much; it's Cutler.

"If you're not a happy camper there's no reason to be here," or something like that.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

It's not beating a dead horse, it's the answer to the first poll. Bowlen keeps McDaniels therefore that makes McDaniels the most valuable

And if answered honestly the poll will be in the 90% for keeping McDaniels.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

The point is McDaniels is not going anywhere go get used to it.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It's not beating a dead horse, it's the answer to the first poll. Bowlen keeps McDaniels therefore that makes McDaniels the most valuable

Actually, he's keeping both.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
bombquixote
Ring of Famer

11-5 in 2009

Do you seriously have so little going on in your life that you have to try and keep the drama on the mane going even when there's no news? You're in Baja, right? So go surfing or something.
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

If one gets fired they should just come in the next day like George Constanza, I'm sure Pat will have completely forgotten.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

If one or the other had to go, Cutler should be the one retained. But he won't be.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #12
Mr Chatterboodamn
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cory Boyd

Quote:
[John Stuart Mill] [Francis Bacon] [baja]
Mr Chatterboodamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

Actually, so far, the answer to the first poll is that Jay is more valuable, according to 2/3 of this forum.

With regard to the question of who SHOULD be kept if only one can be, I would say that the answer SHOULD be Jay, but if it got to that point, it WOULD be Josh, only because Pat has put in all his chips in behind Josh and that there are powerful forces of ego and image that would force him to keep Josh. I question whether he has the intestinal fortitude and courage to do what was right if it would bring personal embarassment upon him because it would reflect poorly on his decision-making. I'm not sure he would be able to overcome those powerful forces.

You are correct to say that it does not appear that Josh is going anywhere anytime soon. Whether that is a good thing, or a wise thing is a completely seperate question. That he isn't going anywhere does not mean that we should now automatically kowtow to him, or start drinking his koolaid or anything of the sort. He is simply the current occupant in the post of power in this team. Nothing more and nothing less. Our loyalty flows only to what we (and by we I mean each individual) believe is the best interest of the team, not necessarily to him, or any other individual.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-28-2009 at 08:56 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #14
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
And McDaniels has said he isnt trading Jay so i guess neither are going anywhere.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #15
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

What Bowlen would do, versus what he should do are two different things entirely. If faced with a must-choose situation, which he is not, he would have to choose McDaniels for a variety of reasons.

He can't fire a head coach he just hired. Even the notion is silly. The idea someone acceptable could even be found at this late a date, come in and put together an entire staff THEN get up to speed for mini-camps and the draft, not to even mention the salary obligations atop the Shanahan staff.

Much easier to bid adieu to Cutler, hope the Broncos can replace him in the near future and brace for some rocky times directly ahead.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #16
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Actually, so far, the answer to the first poll is that Jay is more valuable, according to 2/3 of this forum.
So 58 people have voted on the other one so far, and you think that is 2/3rds of this forum? Bahahaha.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeRising View Post
What Bowlen would do, versus what he should do are two different things entirely. If faced with a must-choose situation, which he is not, he would have to choose McDaniels for a variety of reasons.

He can't fire a head coach he just hired. Even the notion is silly. The idea someone acceptable could even be found at this late a date, come in and put together an entire staff THEN get up to speed for mini-camps and the draft, not to even mention the salary obligations atop the Shanahan staff.

Much easier to bid adieu to Cutler, hope the Broncos can replace him in the near future and brace for some rocky times directly ahead.
The Raiders fired Kiffin in the middle of the season last year and then went on to win enough games to avoid the division cellar. But Pat isn't as senile as Al yet, so....
Old 03-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #18
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Actually, he's keeping both.
I agree
Old 03-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #19
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombquixote View Post
Do you seriously have so little going on in your life that you have to try and keep the drama on the mane going even when there's no news? You're in Baja, right? So go surfing or something.
I'm not big on night surfing.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #20
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

damnit baja.. why do you have to switch the questions on a guy. I voted without looking you changed it to who would he keep while in the topic it says who goes. Cutler goes if anyone does.
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #21
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

With regard to the question of who SHOULD be kept if only one can be, I would say that the answer SHOULD be Jay, but if it got to that point, it WOULD be Josh, only because Pat has put in all his chips in behind Josh and that there are powerful forces of ego and image that would force him to keep Josh. I question whether he has the intestinal fortitude and courage to do what was right if it would bring personal embarassment upon him because it would reflect poorly on his decision-making. I'm not sure he would be able to overcome those powerful forces.

You are correct to say that it does not appear that Josh is going anywhere anytime soon. Whether that is a good thing, or a wise thing is a completely seperate question. That he isn't going anywhere does not mean that we should now automatically kowtow to him, or start drinking his koolaid or anything of the sort. He is simply the current occupant in the post of power in this team. Nothing more and nothing less. Our loyalty flows only to what we (and by we I mean each individual) believe is the best interest of the team, not necessarily to him, or any other individual.
Do you think you have given him a fair chance?
Old 03-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #22
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Do you think you have given him a fair chance?
I do. He has demonstrated that he's able to **** up a wet dream. That is difficult to do. One must either go out of their way or be incredibly incompetent to achieve this feat. He has done nothing to earn my respect or loyalty.

But I am open minded. If and when he achieves great things primarily on the backs of those he has personally drafted or brought in, rather than on the backs of those talents that were bequeathed to him, then I will not hesitate to give him all the credit in the world.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #23
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
So 58 people have voted on the other one so far, and you think that is 2/3rds of this forum? Bahahaha.
The current vote is 65% to 34%... unless one has a reason for suspecting that more voters would equal a change in the percentages (probably not; most polls here on the Mane have been dividing at roughly those numbers) then more voters would simply equal more votes in each column.

Would it have made you happier if he said "of the OM posters who have taken the time to vote in the poll, your side is losing 2 to 1"?
Old 03-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #24
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
I do. He has demonstrated that he's able to **** up a wet dream. That is difficult to do. One must either go out of their way or be incredibly incompetent to achieve this feat. He has done nothing to earn my respect or loyalty.

But I am open minded. If and when he achieves great things primarily on the backs of those he has personally drafted or brought in, rather than on the backs of those talents that were bequeathed to him, then I will not hesitate to give him all the credit in the world.
You're open minded!

You have condemned McDaniels before his first mini camp, dude that is not "Open minded"
Old 03-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #25
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Bowlen has supported his coach, even though he has made some huge mistakes, I don't see how anyone could think Bowlen will keep Cutler over McDaniels.

Me? I take Cutler every day of the week.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote