The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

Default Kenny Britt WR Rut...I liked him before, now I really like him!

Rod Smith!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9377790/Schein's-Nine:-Bold-takes-on-draft-prospects

4. Kenny Britt is going in Round 1.

Kenny Britt is poised to become Rutgers' latest draft steal (aka Ray Rice to the Ravens last season). (Scott Boehm / Getty Images)

The draft is filled with talented receivers who rank among the top 40 prospects. Britt doesn't get the buzz that some others receive and you won't find him going in Round 1 in most mock drafts, but his college career was highly decorated and his pro prospects burn bright.

And unlike some fast risers on draft boards, Britt isn't a workout wonder. Sure, he looked the part at the combine and the Rutgers pro day. But he actually has the body of work to prove it.

Britt is a red-zone target at the NFL level with his great hands and 6-3, 220-pound body. He had 14 100-yard games at Rutgers, tying someone named Larry Fitzgerald for the most 100-yard games in Big East history.

Britt is a high-character guy and a great worker. He has caught more than 100 balls every day in preparation for the draft while spending time working on route-running with the great Rod Smith.

His red-zone knack has some executives comparing his on-field game to Terrell Owens.

Don't be surprised to hear his name called by the Titans, Giants, Dolphins, Ravens or Colts in the first round.
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Sounds great, but the Broncos shouldn't be thinking about WR on day 1.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Not even if Crabtree is there?

I am a D first guy, but I also think the issues with Marshall makes a draft and trade Marshall a possible scenario. Marshall and Sheff for a late first would be good.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

bring him in. Rod was one of the best route runners ever, and i would love to get a guy he has trained with personally back in Denver especially with Britt's size. if he is there in the 2nd when we pick i would really not mind taking him. he could be another 2nd round receiver steal like Royal was.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Sounds great, but the Broncos shouldn't be thinking about WR on day 1.
With how questionable Marshall likes to make his long term career I can't see why we wouldn't want to grab a WR in the 2nd or 3rd from this very deep WR class.

Britt in the 2nd or Robiskie in the 3rd and I'd be very happy with the choice.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm liking Robiskie a lot as a very safe pick, but some people think he's worked himself into the bottom of the 1st, early 2nd. I don't think he lasts until the 3rd.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

I would like to draft 3 300lb defensive linemen with the first few picks. We have a lot of needs, but let's focus on the foundation to build the beautiful castle that represents dynasty. I know, I'm dreaming big...
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: